Friday, June 17, 2016

Tea Time with Grandkids in the Garden

My daughter Tina, who lives next door to us said she has a shooting (she is a photographer) the following day so could I watch her kids. I asked the kids what they would want to do while at our house and they all responded "TEA PARTY!!! in unison.

And so tea party it is! I had told Reese one time to wear a nice dress with a hat the next time we have a tea party.  And she remembered! She really takes our tea parties seriously.

The boys are on vacation so they were invited too.
The kids helped me set up the table. Right away, Reese said we need a cover for the table. She sure is learning fast, lol. She was also the one who picked which teapot we would use and she chose the Fitz & Floyd with a coccatiel finial.

I had a full size tea cup but I took out smaller ones for the kids but they kept asking for refills. I might as well have used full sized ones for them too.

It was kinda hot cause the sun was on us but we all had fun.

We also had macarons, little ones that I brought all the way from our last trip in Marseilles some oreo cookies and merengue drops.









My tea cup has a lily of the valley pattern

"Indian Tree" demitasse cups for the grands.



Thank you so much for stopping by and to the hostesses
for hosting these fun parties.


Tea in the Garden

Share it One More Time

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
 
Sandi's No Place Like Home
 
Christine's Dishing It and Diggingi It

Cindy's Amaze me Monday
 
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
 
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!

Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Tweak it Tuesday
 

Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
 

Tuesday's The Scoop

Show and Share
 
Sarah's Classical Homemaking party
 
Tablescape Thursday

Home Matters

Thoughts of Home Thursday

Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday

Tablescape Thursday

Share your Style Thursday

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Kate's Flaunt it Friday

Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday

Foodie Fri and Everything Else

22 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The pretty princess at tea time with the boys too and they seem to enjoy it a lot, specially in that wonderful patio tea with such goodies dear grammy shared with them.
The tray dishes are gorgeous Christine !
Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Bernideen said...

Queen Reese is in full charge here and the boys look darling too! What great fun to have a grand daughter right next door. She is such a doll and looks just like you. This post is amazing Christine! Thanks for sharing and linking such a darling posting.

bj said...

She is beautiful...and the boys are handsome...such a fun and pretty tea...
you are looking really great...the weather there must agree with you..xoxo

janice15 said...

Timeless photos... My grandsons enjoy tea parties too. Looks like everyone had fun. Adorable granddaughter who seems to love tea parties. Lovely. Happy Weekend with love Janice

LV said...

What a perfect and fun way to spend the day with adorable little ones. You had a tea party fit for the queen.

Shilpa said...

Wow this is cute
Lucky kids . She looks pretty n lovely

http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

The French Hutch said...

Hi Christine, This is adorable! Beautiful Reese is learning fast, I love her pretty pink dress and hat. She is so lucky to have you as grandmother and right next door! The boys look so sweet enjoying their tea. Even though I know how hot it gets there all look like they are having so much fun. Love the pretty tea pot and the tea cups. Happy first day of summer, even though we know summer begins way earlier here……….

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a charming children's tea party! How fun! And it looks so pretty. Everyone seems to be enjoying it...how could they not?! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Deborah Montgomery said...

well, I saw the thumbnail of your pretty little granddaughter over at Sandi's party and had to stop by. She is adorable! As are those little boys. What a special party you gave them! And what good memories they will all have.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what fun! You are so blessed to have your granddaughter right next door, Christine. You are making lovely memories with her as well as the little lads too. I love Reese's hat! What a special time with your little ones. I am planning a little tea party for my granddaughter when she comes with her family in July. I haven't seen her in two years and I can't wait. We're going to have so much fun! Thank you for sharing your delightful tea party with us and Happy first day of Summer!

Blessings,
Sandi

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What fun memories, Christine, for you and the kids! I just told a few of my grands last week that we are going to have a tea party this summer. I love that Reese remembered to where a pretty dress and even a hat! So sweet!

Sandi Magle said...

How adorable and such beautiful smiles...they must have had fun. The teapot is gorgeous,and the garden setting perfect. We will be doing this very soon with my Grand, Thanks, Sandi

Margie said...

Adorable! Now we know who's going to inherit all your pretty china. Hee! I also love how your grandsons joined the tea party. I hope to have tea parties with my godson when he's older. He's only 9 months so I have to wait a few more years.

Sandra Lee said...

Special moments like this with the grandkids are some of the best ever. Thanks for joining us again this week at Celebrate Your Story!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
This is darling Reese's post! I love it and so glad you linked and shared.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh this tea party with these precious babies just melted this Nana's heart! Love the pictures and yes, that sweet girl does know she can dress up sweetly for a tea party! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The Stonybrook House said...

What a sweet memory maker with the grandbabies! Love it! Thanks for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It!

Maria C said...

Oh, my goodness, Christine! Some day, I hope to be a grandma just like you! If I was so lucky to have a granddaughter that would want tea parties . . . I think I'd go nuts! Reese is beautiful! She's grown so much. And I love your teapot! What a fun afternoon with your grandkids!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

These grandchildren of yours are so sweet, pretty and handsome. I love their little smiles!
What a darling tea party and I know how much these special times mean to you, you are the best Grandmother ever!!
So wonderful to have you join us at TOHOT!
Jemma

Beverly said...

It looks like a perfect tea party to me. Making forever memories with your little sweeties.

Happy Pink Saturday, Christine. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye".♥

Decor To Adore said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day with your darling grandchildren. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What fun! Tea with those precious little ones...priceless!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2016/06/amaze-me-monday-168.html

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday