Friday, December 7, 2012

3 Mantels Decorated For Christmas, 2012

 
 
I'm late, I'm late, but better late than never and I want to join Kathe with an E's Mantel party.
 
We have 3 fireplaces at home so I have 3 mantels to decorate and I have so much fun decorating them.
 
I'll start with the family room below.
 

I don't elaborate too much because it gets quite overwhelming but I like to decorate them in different ways. I bought the puppy stockings for my grandson Brendan when he first visited here 5 years ago. It plays music and dances and when it did that, he got scared and started crying, lol. I always take it out because it reminds me of that moment.
 
A hurricane candle holder on each end, little Christmas trees in 3 colors ansd sizes, various wooden santa and snowman, 2 snowflakes, 2 santa plaques, a "Merry Christmas" sign and a lit garland and I am done.


 Next is the formal living room. I have 2 lamps there and I just let them stay. Then I added a santa on each end, 2 votive candle holders, 2 cherubs, small trees and a "Noel" sign completes the decor. This is where I hang John's and my stockings.





 Last but not least is the kitchen mantel. We have a TV here so I just inserted holly berry cuttings under the TV from our bushes outside, placed more holly berries in vases, tapered candles in santa and snowman candle holders and birds  perched on cones. Then I added a ribbon.

The round dining table is getting ready for my next Christmas tablescape, which I will share with you next week.



One side of our driveway is lined by holly berry bushes and we have a long driveway so I have a lot of hollies to cut from and use.

 
I would like to link with
Kathe's Mantel Party at
 http://www.kathewithane.com/.
Sarah's Homemaking link Up Party
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday
http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Susan's Metamorphosis monday at
Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Tabletop Tuesday at

Check out the other Christmas parties too that are coming soon.
 
Thank you so much for your visit and thanks to all the gracious hostesses.

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Christine, your mantels are lovely. And the decorations are so pretty. Have a lovely weekend!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are amazing, Christine! Such pretty decorations and all your mantles done! I have baely started. So thank you for inspring me.

XO,

Sheila

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look beautiful and I especially love the holly berry branches.

Susan said...

Christine, your home is so lovely. I love all the beautiful wood you have on your fireplace and walls. It is so gorgeous!
Your Christmas decorations are so elegant. The puppy stocking is a cutie. Love the little cherubs on your mantle.

Lady Linda said...

You have been a busy one! Looks great...loved all the pix of the little ones too.

Anonymous said...

You have done a wonderful job like usual with your Christmas Decorating this year Christine! Your home is so welcoming and warm especially this time of year!

bee blessed
mary

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Christine,
What wonderful mantels! I LOVE your kitchen mantel! It must be splendid to have a mantel in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Each one is truly unique, Christine, but they are all so lovely and evoke such warm feelings. Beautifully done!

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

They are all beautiful. I love the birds!! I love that you have your own Holly berry bush to cut from. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

You lucky lady! Three mantel! They all look fantastic! Beautiful home you have! Thanks for stopping by! I am new follower now!
Karen

Cecilia said...

Christine,
Your mantels are beautiful! Love all the holly!
Cecilia

Bernadine said...

I absolutely love the kitchen mantle! Love the ribbon, berries and birds. Very, very nice. The puppy stocking has a funny story and I wonder if your grandson is still afraid when it starts dancing? :-) That's a great memory. Your tree and all your decoration is wonderful. Merry Christmas.

Shanee said...

All your mantels are so pretty! Good for you with your mantel decorating self! lol I wish I had a knack for it because I HATE doing our mantel and it shows! Thanks for sharing, visiting from BNOP.

Chubby Chieque said...

The mantel is absolutely gorgeous.

Sarap mag-pahinga cguro dyan, hane?

Have a blessed week.

Hugs,
/Chie

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I like the kitchen mantel best. I love a nature theme and the birds are perfect in this one.

Babs said...

Looks like you're ready for Christmas! Your mantels look great..I especially like the kitchen one with the holly and tartan ribbon.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday