Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa's Reindeers

 I set the table in front of the fireplace in the kitchen.
 

I started with a snowflake placemat I found at Big Lots in Florida. I do not know why this came out sideways even though the picture I uploaded it from is not.
The same thing with this, also sideways and I could not correct it. Does anybody know how to correct it? Again the original is fine but it uploads this way. Anyway, I found this plate charger last year, again from Ebay. I think they were made in Portugal. There were only 7 and I wish I could find an 8th one.
 

The dinner plates do not match the salad plates. I bought them from a thrift store about 2 weeks ago, $9 for 6 of them. I think the snowflakes around the edge look good peeking through the reindeer salad plates, which you will see on the next picture.
 
I also bought these reindeer salad plates from the same thrift store, really cheap, $6 for all 8 of them. Here's Vixen!

White Mud Pie snowflake goblets from Ebay ($38 for 12 of them, free shipping) and etched glasses I bought from an estate sale for $6/6.
The flatware are silver plated but I cannot remember the pattern name. I got them from Horchow some time ago. They are very heavy and I am always very careful not to drop them on the dishes, afraid of breaking the plates. 
And here is a complete place seetting.
 
I bought the napkins from an antique shop in Seattle while shopping with Vanna.

Snowmen S & P shakers.
My centerpiece consists of 2 white reindeers, with bows tied around their necks and a reindeer votive candle holder placed inside a cloche. I added holly berries both inside the cloche and on the lazy Susan and swirled a tartan ribbon around. Then I added mercury tea light candle holders all around.
Here's Comet. I did not even realize that the salad plates are all different until I saw the pictures. Otherwise, I would have taken a close up of each one of them.
I also placed 2 girly reindeers (could they be called reindoes? lol!)
Isn't this very glamorous one a cutie? There are 2 of them and I found them at TJ Maxx last weekend for $1.99 each. This one's probably Rudolph's girlfriend, lol.

Thank you for coming. I hope you are all geared up for the coming holidays. I just love Christmas, don't you?
 
I am also thanking the hostesses of these parties that I am linking with:

Centerpiece Wednesday
Kathleen's Let's Dish
Susan's Tablescape Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden
Katherine's Favorite Things Thursday
Richella for Grace at Home
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday
I really appreciate you all. Happy Holidays!

35 comments:

Sonny G said...

it looks like a special edition magazine cover for Christmas.
totally stunning~!

sabri said...

Xinex...you should be able to go into your settings and fix your alingnement...otherwise i still think it's beaituful...

Susan said...

Christine, you table is gorgeous! I love the little reindeer plates. They are so cute!

Sarah said...

Christine, your table is cute with all the reindeer and snowflakes, and setting it by the fireplace makes it a cozy setting. Great thrift store finds this week!

Helen said...

Nothing says charm, beauty quite like a table set in front of the fireplace.. everything you touch is magic!! Happy Holidays..

LEfting said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing this! Thank you.

xinex said...

Thanks, "Lefting"!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Chris, you always have the most amazing dishes and this ones with the reindeer are adorable, so are your glasses, snow flakes and great reticulated chargers and centerpiece. I love it by the fireplace, so cozy and warm. Big hugs,
FABBY

Anonymous said...

You never disappoint Christine. This table is absolutely wonderful!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, your tablescape is so beautiful. Love the reindeer plates, how fun is that. Hugs, marty

Creations By Cindy said...

Christine, I love, love, love, this tablescape! Love how you done all the deer! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are a marvel, Christtine! How do you do it? One exciting tablescape after another. Good job!

XO,

Sheila

Savannah Granny said...

Christine, I have MIA for a little while. I am so happy to see this beautiful tablescape. I love every element. Those chargers are awesome and I am so loving the reindeer on the lazy suzan.
We are going to visit my girls for the holidays so I didn't decorate. It was so difficult but I didn't feel like putting everything up and then not be here. When I got home I would have to pack everything back up again.
Blessings for a Merry Christmas.

Maria Elena said...

This is a gorgeous tablescape! Love, love your dishes! Just beautiful!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is one gorgeous table setting!
I love all your dishes and you always set the best tables.

Marlis said...

Oh Christine, this is just gorgeous. I love those reindeer salad plates. Your centerpieces are gorgeous.. the reindeer just steal my heart. Your silver is lovely, I can imagine the weight.. Great table.. xo marlis

Dolores said...

I'm having a hard time staying caught up on my favorite blogs. I've looked back on all of yours that I've missed.... The babies are growing up so fast and they adorable!

Your home looks so festive and beautiful. I really love your dishes with the reindeer plates... so cute!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love those plates!! Your tablescapes always look fabulous Christine!

Debbie said...

I think the whole place setting looks wonderful together, almost as if it had been sold together. I love the way the bottom one "flakes out" under the others.

And it all looks so wonderful in front of the fireplace in your kitchen. (That must be really lovely to eat in front of.)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a pretty table, Christine! I love the snowflake placemats and what a deal on those plates!! Your theme is fauna and festive.

Micupoftea said...

As always, your table with all the special touches looks wonderful! I saw two more chickadee teapots yesterday...if you wanted, I could go back to the store and purchase one for you, then ship it out. I do not know how much shipping would cost from CA to where you are.
Great snowflake placemat, Christine :)
Shawn

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Those are darling salad plates-and I like the snowmen dishes too-great bargains. I laughed out loud at the fancy reindoe-she is cute.

Sonia said...

Christine,
Your table is adorable! I love the whimsy, the snowflake placemats and the snowman dishes. I have three of them and they are just so cute! Your finished table is gorgeous! Merry Christmas!
Miss Bloomers

Tricia said...

What a charming table, Christine! Those reindeer plates are the cutest I've seen!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Awww...so pretty and those reindeer plates are the cutest!
I love the colors and the table is dressed so lovely. Such a magical table Christine, especially in front of the beautifully dressed mantel.

Marigene said...

Cute table...love the snowmen plates. The chargers are gorgeous, hope you will be able to find another to complete your set.

Yona Williams said...

Very cute table setting. LOve the snowflake underneath and the decorative silverware.

I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

Happy Favorite Things Thursday!

http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Christine! Your table looks wonderful, you do such a great job putting everything together. Love the placemats and chargers! You've been shopping with Vanna?! How lucky, I would love to go shopping with Vanna!
Gina

Anonymous said...

What adorable reindeer plates Christine!! You always set just the bestest places at the table!

I need to do a little cozy fire table before Christmas- maybe I will do it for Christmas as I think it will be just hubby and me. AFter all the parties we are hosting I just think I am not going to be up for a big Christmas dinner. No family will be here so this will be the first year for a twosome and I think I am kind of looking forward to it!

bee blessed
mary

Katherines Corner said...

I love that you have a fireplace in your kitchen. The table looks amazing, love those plates! hank you for sharing at the hop xo

Babs said...

Christine, Your tables is so much fun! Love the reindeer plates and snowflake placemats. I've had the same problem with photos going sideways. It's so frustrating.

Traci said...

I love the reindeer plates! They're so whimsical! I keep saying I'm going to buy some Christmas dishes & I never do. One day!

Sue said...

Seeing your table in person would be a real treat, Christine! The white snowflake edged plates are so pretty and they add a touch of formality to those cute reindeer place settings. You treat your guests so well! Merry, merry! Sue

Kathy said...

Hello Christine - your tablescape is wonderful - love the whimsical snowflake placemats and the dishes - your home is always gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday - I have moved my blog. You can find me at http://adelightsomelife.com
Kathy

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

This is so so pretty. I just love Polish Pottery and had no idea they had so many Christmas pieces. They tree is beautiful!
Karen

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday