Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring Garden in the Kitchen

Last Friday night, my friends decided to have a get together dinner here again. I am excited for spring so I decided to create a spring-y table.
 My bulb pot was really showcasing a bloom of different flowers so I used it again.  This pot has come a long way, I got so much use out of it.
 I added a birdhouse that was just sitting on the window sill in the dining room, and a bird that I took from the family room coffee table.


I alternated 2 types of napkin rings, a flower and a watering can.
Napoleon bee flatware set.
 Heavy iron bunnies for name plate holders. I bought them from Pier One about 2 or 3 years ago.
 The dinnerware set is Mikasa's "Fantasy"

Bees and butterflies fly around the yard in the spring and some of them just landed here.
 Birds S & P shakers


 Sauce and small dipping plates.
This really speaks spring to me!

The gang.
Picture taking first before digging in, lol. They are getting used to it.  It looks like a lot of food but at the end, it was all gone. We all really ate so much!
A flower shaped tea set.

The cups say "I don't go to the gym, I garden" That describes me so well.

We had a wonderful dinner as usual and then we played Guesstures and had so much fun. It was hilarious!
 
Thank you for the visit and thanks to the hostesses. I always enjoy you coming over and always appreciate your comments.
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday
http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday
http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Kathleen's Let's Dish
Share Your Cup Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
 

26 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like you had a very enjoyable time and with lots of yummy food. Pretty touches of Spring! Thanks for sharing it all with us.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table as always, Christine. Your choice in china is perfect to usher in Spring. Amazing looking food!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your spring table, it's lovely with the perfect and beautiful spring dishes. The centerpiece is very lovely from your own blooms too! I always wish I could be there having that awesome food you always make...such fun!
FABBY

Blondie's Journal said...

You have the best times at your parties! With dinner and then tea and games, they must go on for long time!

This is a very pretty table and I fell in love with your Mikasa Fantasy dishes...I am going to look them up, just the dessert plates. I also love your napkins rings and place cards although I never have the use for the latter! Ha! And your centerpiece is so cute...very "springy"!!

I have to ask again...do you make all of the food? You said it looks like a lot and it really does!! Where do you find the time?! :)

XO,
Jane

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Beautiful table! The flowers and dishes really speak spring! All that food looks delicious- you're a good entertainer!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a fun party! Love the table and all the happy, smiling faces!

xo

Sheila

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your table is fabulous and the display of food looks totally amazing. I would love to be part of this group, I think you really spoil them. Hugs, Marty

hidden art of homemaking said...

So pretty Christine..love the dishes and that centerpiece is wonderful. I love spring..
Love, Mona

Barbara F. said...

I love these dishes, Christine! your table is perfect to welcome spring! xo

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my post The Most Bavarian town in Germany! You went to Rothenburg? I love that town it's so beautiful. Probably the second most Bavarian town in my opinion. It's beautiful!

Vel Criste said...

love all the details but in love with your centerpiece the most! So beautiful!

Terra said...

Seeing your tablescapes over the years I must tell you, you are the Princess of Design. This table is perfect for spring and for Easter with so much charm in every detail.

Creations By Cindy said...

Christine, I love it all. The iron bunnies are adorable and the little birdies too cute! Your tea set really caught my eye too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

What a beautiful table! The florals are beautiful, the plates are to die for, and the watering can napkin rings are adorable! It looks like you have a wonderful time!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

"Had," rather. :)

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wonderful table Christine....love the bee flatware and those wonderful Mikasa dishes....

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Christine, I LOVE your Spring table! The china is so cute and your centerpiece of bulbs is gorgeous! Love the silverware and all the whimsical touches in the birds, bunnies, and bees. The tea set is cute too. Thanks so much for sharing with us and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

I couldn't wait to see what you were going to do. You are AMAZING! Have a great week. Hugs, Martha

Beth in NEPA said...

I love that birdhouse and the flower napkin rings. What a PRETTY table you do set!

Antiques And Teacups said...

How fun Christine! So much I love! The flower teaset, the bunny place card holders, the china with the birds, the teacups like flower pots...so many things! Thans so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Winnie said...

What a fun visit to your place today, as Spring has sprung there for sure. Love your fun garden tea set, it is charming. Your flatware is so exquiste. Never seen that before with bees on them. Looks like a lot of fun was on the menu there!

Traci said...

So pretty! Tulips are my fave!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Those plates are beautiful.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty and springy! The yellow placemats really make it pop!

Katherine

Diane said...

Christine, you are absolutely the best at mixing different elements together for your beautiful tables! Love all of your spring accessories and, especially, those bunny place card holders! I am beginning to think that Spring will never arrive here. It was 34 degrees in my city in Georgia this morning - yikes!!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Christine, this is such a wonderful Spring table. The flowers really do speak 'Spring'! I love the bee silverware and the bunny name holders. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday