Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Hunting Scene

Hunting is a major hobby in Mississippi. Although neither John nor me hunt, we feel the enthusiasm surrounding us when it starts in October. And what do I do with that enthusiasm? I collect hunt scene dishware, lol. The season ended while I was in Florida due to the birth of my 3 precious granddaughters so I could not create this hunt scene tablescape any sooner. Nevertheless, I enjoyed creating it and I hope you enjoy viewing it.


My centerpiece is a large Victorian figurine, which we won on my very first auction experience here in Natchez. I never used it because it was stored on top of our tall French provincial cabinet and it is very heavy and bulky, so I could not bring it down. But when we had to have our floors refinished in the dining room, it had to be taken down with John's assistance, just as all the cabinets have to be emptied. BTW, I have all the cabinets refilled back now and I will share that for Met Monday. I love the floors here, they are the only original ones left.


A view showing the formal living room. Aaaah! All the plastic bins are finally gone from there. It took me 2 weeks to finish the job, but that's another story.
I bought the animal print and skin shaped table runner and the candles from Z Gallerie in Tampa a few years ago.



I love this hopping buck in the front of the figurine.

I got the antlers for free from the store where I bought my son's hunting bow for his birthday. I saw it on the wall and asked the store owner if I could buy it. He just gave it to me instead. My son, Jed said he thinks he liked me. I have to admit that I turned on my charm so he would at least sell it to me for a good price, but free was even better, lol.


I just added that faux moss covered orb. I thought it looked good there.

Isn't he sweet?


I have a set of hunt scene salad plates and I thought I would use them.

I have a set of expresso animal print coffee set. I thought I would use them before I put them away.

The hunt scene figurine does not look too big, does it? But
 trust me it is, the base is about a cm. short of 24 inches long.

Below is a hunt scene teacup and saucer I just won on Ebay while I was in Florida, and yes, it was in one of the packages opened when I got back. I have not shown you the photo of  the numerous packages that filled our guest room for grandkids, have I? John kept taking a picture from his i phone and kept texting it to me. I wonder if it was his way of saying for me to stop shopping, lol.



Last time I posted a hunter's tablescape before Thanksgiving, using my other brown salad plates with embossed deer, pig and bunny, I did not have any brown dinner plates. Well, I have been hunting for brown dishes since and found what I like. They are mocha with brown swirl borders. I bought a complete service for 8 before I even left for FL but never got to use them until now, just dinner plates for now, but I am sure the rest will come in handy someday. They are made by American Atelier in Mehndi Brown pattern.

I found the deer placemats at Kirkland's in Fort Myers while I was with my daughter after Christmas.

The plate chargers are solid brown wood that I bought from Walmart before Halloween.

I have only 6 of the all ceramic hunt scene plates but I have one  framed with pewter. I decided to add it on the head of the table using a pewter dinner plate.

These are some of my favorite purchases. They are wine glasses embossed with game birds, bunny, buck and a doe. When I saw them on Ebay, I thought they were quite unusual and would fit nicely on my hunter's tablescape and I was right. I just love them! I think they offer elegance on the table in spite of its masculinity.


A night scene of the hunter's paradise.



I got this vintage hunt scene tankard for John's birthday a long time ago.
Animal print napkins, dragonfly napkin rings and dark bamboo flatware. I have the light colored ones too but I thought this set looks better for this particular tablescape.

I really enjoyed creating this table. I think it is because our dining room is back into shape and because I really missed tablescaping while I was away babysitting. However, I would pick babysitting my  grandkids over tablescaping anytime, lol.

I hope you enjoyed viewing it. Thank you so much for coming by.
And I want to thank all our hostesses for allowing us to participate and enjoy playing.

Bunny Jean for Bunny Hop Wednesday at
Susan for Tablescape Thursday at
Kathy's A Return to Loveliness Party and Home and Garden Party at http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Honey's Potpourri Friday at

Sherry's Home Sweet Home Fri



Vintage Inspiration Friday
http://commongrounddebrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at

Mary's Mosaic Monday at
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Marty's Tableop Tuesday at




Sandi's Teatime Tues at

Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues athttp://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa tea at






46 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is such an amazing tablescape, Christine! You went all out! You have so many different pieces but they all fit so well together. The figurine centerpiece is gorgeous, how neat that you won it! I love the story of how you turned on the charm to get the antlers...I need to take you shopping with me!! lol! Love everything!

It looks like you have been keeping busy since you returned home! I am surprised you have the energy to create such a big and beautiful tablescape, but I think I know you!

Have a wonderful day...it is 60 degrees here today and I am loving it! :)

XO,
Jane

Traci said...

I like this one a lot.

Richard Cottrell said...

Looks like you are ready for the hunt party . Richard from My Old HIstoric House.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Christine your tablescapes always look amazing! LOVE those dishes!

Creations By Cindy said...

Christine, I love your hunting tablescape. My husband and I both hunt and I just love this!!!! Pinning this so I won't forget it! Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I really love your hunt themed dishes! Gorgeous! I have an equestrian theme mix in my decor.
On another note, hubby got urology residency in Jackson. Maybe we will meet some day!
Take care,
Tammy

Entertaining Women said...

Christina, this is a glorious design...one of my favorites. Your dining room comes alive with this tablescape. The centerpiece is spectacular, and I love the hunt dishes...oh! ...and the new goblets! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

xinex said...

Thanks, Richard!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

This is beautiful Christine! I love the hunt scene dinner plates.

Susan said...

Gorgeous Table Christine!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tablescape...I love your settings with the hunting scenes! Just lovely! Hugs

Marigene said...

Wow, that is really a great table...love it! The center piece is amazing.
I can just picture those fabulous salad plates on a tartan this fall...

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady,
As always"" This is beautiful Christine! I love the hunt scene dinner plates. You have a way with putting a Tablescape together. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

xinex said...

Thanks, Marigene! The tartan is a great idea!...Christine

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What an elegant tablescape, Christine! Love the plates...gorgeous! And your centerpiece is fabulous! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Jojo said...

Christine that is such a rich, elegant well-appointed table -skip the hunting and have a dinner party!

Debbie said...

yay! You're back and ready to tablescape again! You know the expression "In like a lion"? Well, that's exactly what I thought while enjoying this table. You came back with a bang! I am delighted by every single bit of it. I love that etched stemware, in particular. How perfect!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Christine this is fabulous! I remember the other hunting scape you did but this one is even more exciting! I just love it! I am so amazed by all the wonderful pieces you have gotten off of eBay to pull this all together. I know how it is when you get an idea in your head...it's the thrill of the hunt right? LOL! Sorry, just had to through that pun in there! So glad to hear your flooring is done and you can get back to normal around the house now. Fantastic tablescape Lady!

Barb said...

Christine, you are amazing! This is gorgeous and truly magazine worthy. Just stunning.

Barb ♥

Dolores said...

All of my favorite warm colors...the table looks gorgeous. The napkins, place mats and table runner really set it off!!!
Hugs,

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Your tablescape is just beautiful. Love the hunting scene, just a perfect job done. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

Unknown said...

Unique interesting & lovely table setting, Christine. You do come up with some awesome creations.

TTFN ~
Marydon

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful, Christine. I am in love with that centerpiece. Absolutely gorgeous! It's a good thing I wasn't able to go to that auction. I'd still be paying for my purchases! That stemware is so pretty, and I love your plate stack patterns and colors. Stunning tablescape. laurie

Sarah said...

Christine, that centerpiece is amazing. You find the most incredible pieces. Love seeing your hunt scene dishes. I've jus a few in a transfer ware. Need to do a tablescape with them sometime. Thanks for sharing this fun table. ~ Sarah

Gloria said...

Everything looks lovely, Christine. You set a gorgeous table. Actually the whole room is gorgeous! :)
Best,
Gloria

Jacqueline said...

Christine - this is my kind of hunting table too! I just love how the zebra runner anchors the gorgeous setting and the napkins are wonderful. Your plates are so beautiful and the centerpiece is just perfect. My friend is just in love with zebra print and I know she would love to have this in her house.

Anonymous said...

What can I say.....I love this table!! I love it all and those dinner plates, oh my. Beautiful Christine!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely wonderful table at which any hunter would love to be. I'm not a hunter, but I would enjoy it, too. Terrific.

Alycia Nichols said...

I had no idea that hunting was such a big deal in Mississippi! For some reason I just think of that state as being a place big on fishing. Shows how much I know! This is a fabulous, fabulous tablescape, Christine! I love the masculine touches that still appeal to the female senses. I applaud you for putting together something that would have such appeal to men! That centerpiece is gorgeous, and I can't think of anything more perfect! As for the the antlers, a little hair tossing and feminine giggling to get a good price is TOTALLY acceptable and ENCOURAGED in my book!!! Hey...you got it for FREE, which means you did an exceptionally good job of it! Bravo!!!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is incredible - the zebra print makes such a statement - and the stemware is exquisite = well done!

Aledia said...

What a wonderful manly setting with a feminine touch! I love all your dishes and your stemware matches so perfectly.

Well Done!
Aledia

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your hunt table is wild and over the top...so much to look at...wow I live the zebra and love the way you have put it all together..you are so creative..love this one so much...gotta go back and look some more

Diane said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning! I love this table and the centerpiece is extraordinary! Everything is done to perfection - what a beautiful job!

Lady Linda said...

I'm just so impressed with your beautiful creations and I just can't imagine how you do this all the time. WOW.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

A hunting we will go.....we don't hunt either. But your table is my kind of hunting! Love all your pretty dishes and that amazing centerpiece. Great antlers too.

lvroftiques said...

Christine that's one gorgeous tablescape (so many beautiful details) and one gorgeous figural centerpiece! And I love that zebra table runner! Beautiful job girlfriend! Vanna

Babs said...

Christine, Your hunt themed table is stunning! The zebra skin runner is so dramatic and I love the plates and stemware, too.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Your stemware is stunning! Of course I like the hunt theme, as it has dogs on it. Very nice centerpiece too.Glad you are catching up with everything-got to get through so you can have fun with A.J.

Kathleen said...

Very manly, Christine, pass the bourbon and the cigars. You put it together beautifully.
I have brown dishes from Pier One. I thought they were dark purple, LOL, but when I got them to the register I could see they were brown. They were a good deal, so I took them. Alma just gave me purple for my birthday. I think I only need solid pink plates now. If you see any let me know!

Jo Ann said...

I love it! And a side note: I was born in Natchez 72 years ago! Parents moved away from there when I was six weeks old and have only had the opportunity to go back once! Thanks for showing me a little piece of Natchez history!

xinex said...

How nice to meet someone who was born here! Thanks for stopping by, Jo Ann, so nice to meet you....Christine

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!! Not a hunter either, but love the table scape. Found you at Home and Garden Thursday.

The Charm of Home said...

What a great table. I love the hunt theme! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Christine,

This is an absolutely gorgeous table! I remember when I first started blogging a couple of years ago you had done a hunt themed table or showed a dinner party using it in your dining room and I loved it then...and now! I LOVE the centerpiece and your etched glasses. I saw some similar in a catalog that sells high end hunt/lodge decor. They are perfect here!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Congrats, you're featured with this stunning table Chris, you sure deserve it! I'm loving everything about this hunting theme tablescape. The centerpiece is fabulous and the runner brings it all together. Of course the hunting scene dishes are gorgeous and you created a fabulous tablescape... perfect!
FABBY

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday