Susan of http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ presented me this Daydreamer Award a few days ago. How appropriate since I am always daydreaming about what I should change our home decor to, which is an ever going task for me. LOL! This award is given to bloggers who have left 50 comments on her blog and you should all know how easy that is. Susan has one of the nicest and most interesting blogs around so it will be a lot harder not to comment on it. You should all visit her if you haven't and I assure you that it will not be disappointment. Thanks, Susan! "Honest Scrap"...LOL! now that's an award name! I wonder who ever came out with that! Molly of http://mollyscountrycolorshomeplace.blogspot.com/ just presented me this award. You can tell she is a very warm, down to earth honest person just by reading her blog. I just met Molly last week and was I ever excited! She only lives about 45 minutes away from me, the very first one I have met on Blogland within driving distance and I am very excited of meeting her in person someday soon. Thanks, Molly!
This award is not easily achieved since it comes with rules. Ahhhh, lucky me! The rules say that I have to list 10 honest and interesting facts about me. So that's where the title came from. I also have to pass this award on to 6 other bloggers. Let's think of what I can honestly say about me. Ugh, I hate talking about me, I'd rather talk about my house but I guess I'm going to have to so here it comes, whether you are interested or not. (Fast forward if you want to skip it..LOL!)
1. I was born in the Philippines in 1950 (Ooops, is that giving away too much?).
2. I migrated here in 1971 a year after I graduated from College, I was 21 and I was excited but nervous at the same time.
3. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Medical Technology. They used to call us Medical Technologists but that has been changed since to Clinical Laboratory Scientists.
4. My last job as a CLT was in Dunedin, FL. in 2005. The company, a reference clinical laboratory, was bought out and moved to Tampa and I did not want to drive an hr. each way to work so I just retired. At the same time I was busy traveling here looking for a house cause we were moving so it was a perfect timing to quit working.
5. I LOVE shopping!
6. I LOVE decorating and though I do not enjoy gardening as much, I like to look at a beautiful garden so I work on it a lot too!
7. I LOVE traveling!
8. I have 2 brothers and sisters who are scattered in FL, MO and IL. My mother who will be 91 in July is staying with me right now but we rotate her among us 5 brothers and sisters.
9. I have 3 children and 2 stepchildren, ranging from the ages of 26 to 35 and also have 2 grandkids and 3 step grandkids. They are all in FL and we visit them a lot and that's one reason why we keep our home in Florida. They are all so wonderful so we are truly blessed! I also had a baby who went to heaven 8 days after birth and I miss him a lot but it is a another blessing to have an angel in heaven watching over us who I can talk to in my prayers. We named him Baby Angelino.
10. I am married to a wonderful man, a Urologist, who shares the same shopping and traveling passion with me so both hobbies have become non stoppable. He truly is a nice guy, I mean, he carries my purse for me when we are shopping to free up my hands so I can leisurely browse around and enjoy my shopping even more. LOL!
Whew! That was a lot of information about me.
Now, let's pick 6 other Honest Scrap Award recipients who can tell us more about themselves:
1. Laurie of http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/ Laurie is a good friend of mine, the only blogger that I have ever met in person. She loves to talk so maybe she will enjoy this. LOL! Laurie, I apologize if you already received this award because I know how popular you are in Blogland.
2. Marty of http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ Marty is such a friendly and wonderful person and I would love to know more about her, another bargain hunter. You see how I associate myself with bargain hunters? That goes with my love for shopping, I guess.
3. Athella of http://athellag-ocdesigner.blogspot.com/. Athella has had a very interesting life that I would love to hear more about. I hope she does not keep it away from us.
4. Chandy of http://whatnowtablescapes.blogspot.com/. Chandy is someone who never runs out of tablescaping ideas. You should visit and get tips from her. She and I share the same heritage.
5. Laura of http://tomariescabin.blogspot.com/. Laura is another sweet person and everybody should know more about her and maybe her sweetness will rub off on us.
6. Last but not least, Melissa of http://melissasheartandhome.blogspot.com/. The first time Melissa left a comment on my RMS space, I immediately warmed up to her. She is a very nice and special person who is very easy to like. Melissa, I also apologize if you already got this award before which is very possible because just like Laurie, I know how popular you are.
Thanks again to Susan and Molly for these 2 awards that mean a lot to me!