Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Set of Crocks

It's 2nd Time Around Time, hosted by Diane of http://diane1876.blogspot.com/. Let's all visit Diane so we can see what everybody is proudly showing us today. It will be fun for sure.

I went to a local Thrift store yesterday to give a donation. But I was told to drive to the back of the building, but since I was already inside the store, I thought I would browse first, hoping to be lucky to find pretty plates like what Marty of http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ always finds at GW.

But no luck with plates but I saw this crock set and bought it. The largest jar is quite big and for $15 for the whole set, I thought it was a good deal. The set includes the big lidded jar, could be a bisquit jar, a spoon rest, a salt shaker, garlic container, a big plate (as big as a plate charger) and another lidded one with a removable strainer inside. Not sure what it is for but I am thinking, maybe to store used cooking oil? Does anybody know? Sorry I forgot to take a pic with it open.
But I think the set looks too countryish for our house so I thought I would paint them. What do you all think? Should I and if I do, what color or colors? Right now, they are sitting on our work bench in the garage, waiting for me to do something to them.
Thanks for coming!




15 comments:

marty39 said...

Christine, what great pieces. They are such nice sizes. I know you will get a lot of use out of them. I would either paint them white or dark brown. Actually any color would be pretty. Great find. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Christine,

You really did get a deal! The big one looks REALLY big!!

If they were mine, I would paint them. The color depends on where you are going to put them. You can use them for something other than canisters too.

I am looking for containers for my end of the workbench where I pot my flowers and where I keep my tools. I think I may just get some metal buckets from the hardware store!!

Are you having a good week? It is pouring rain here and is supposed to all week. I sort of like it because I can stay inside and blog or read! LOL!!

Let me know what you do with the crocks!!

xoxo
Jane

Sares said...

I have no idea what you could paint them. I agree that they are a bit country. They could be really great if you remake them!

Keetha Broyles said...

I liked those crock sets then, and I still like them now!!!

Thanks for showing them.

ButterYum said...

I would definitely paint them all a solid color, cream, white, taupe, brown.... whatever. If you do paint them, please post about it (with details).

Nice find!

Sares said...

Sorry Christine, i forgot to remind you that my Costume Party begins tonight around midnight. I hope you have your party finery ready because it's time to PARTY!

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Great find Christine! I think I'd paint them, maybe creamy white??? Are you going to use them in the kitchen & what colors do you have in there? ☺ Diane

Chandy said...

Gorgeous set Christine! I would have bought them too, if I saw them.

Yes, count me in for this Saturday!

Have fun at your new vacay spot!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just lovely girl and I would paint them and use out by my new pool area for bar B-Q's...you did good Christine...Hope you have a great week my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lynn said...

If they were mine, I'd paint them RED!!!
But that's just me...

I think I'll go visit the thrift stores tomorrow.

imjacobsmom said...

Hi Christine, There you go, getting a good buy. I think they do look a bit country for you - I bet they would look good painted creamy white. That way they would go just about anywhere. Keep us posted on what you decide. ~ Robyn

Cindy said...

Very Nice Christine,
I say paint them red too! They would be just fab and great for storage anywhere. Hugs, Cindy

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

Great find. I'm voting white, too. I'm so into white lately.

Susan said...

How about cream and then you paint something on it. I know you can do that too!!! Can't wait to see what you have done and I know it will be beautiful!

Bo said...

Hi Christine...golly, I can see I've missed so many things & travels since I've been MIA...I sure hope I can come back & visit all you've posted! Hopefully, I'm back on board again... ;-) Bo

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Foodie Friday

Pink Saturday