Sunday, August 12, 2018

Dinner with German Friends and Family

I finally got over my colds and cough which seemed like forever and I was in the mood to cook and entertain, so I invite my daughter, our German friends and their families to come over for dinner.

 I used my gray, oval Portuguese made CMG dinnerware in "Sari" pattern for the adult table.
 I gathered a few mercury silver stuff I have at home and cut up some flowers from the garden to create the centerpiece.

 I love the oval shape and the subtle design on the plates. When John saw the table, he mentioned that we have never used these plates. Not true, I have used them once, when we entertained an Australian doctor and his wife in Natchez. If you want to see that table, here it is, Australia in Natchez





Crystal pineapple S & P shakers




I served baked salmon, rice and beef stew that I cooked in my new instant pot. I asked my daughter to bring Caesar salad.
 Aren't my supposedly "helpers" just too cute?
 The desserts.... I had no butter to make icing for a cake and I knew I wouldn't have time to go to the grocery, so I decided to try to make a chiffon flan cake. It turned out really good. Natascha, our German neighbor, brought those yummy individual orange cakes.

Polish pottery for the youngsters
Here are some of our young guests.

 And some more. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the adults. Darn!!
 I used a silver plated tea set for our tea.

Thanks again for stopping by. Here are a few memes I am linking with. Thank you for the parties!

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Party

12 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

What a beautiful table. Thanks for visiting me.

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi,Christine!Your table is always exquisite!Gorgeous silver and adorable Grands!That pudding caught my eye,yummy!Hugs!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, when you come alive after being ill, you really go to town! Beautiful table, of course. I chuckled at your husband remarking on the dishes!

Margie said...

Your table settings are always so elegant, Christine. The pineapple S & P shakers are too cute. It's nice that you can actually serve tea in your silver tea set!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your table is lovely and I so love mercury glass because it just adds the sparkle! Glad you're feeling better and able to entertain again. I know you love it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

Bernideen said...

Your table is wonderful Christine....love each and every plate, cup, glass and all the rest! All the sweet children all look so happy as helpers too! Thanks for sharing.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You are such a wonderful hostess, Christine! To be a guest at your table would be such a treat. I'm glad that you're over your sickness.
I haven't bought an instant pot yet. I'm probably the last one to get on the bandwagon!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Beautiful and elegant table and I do remember your past table with these great china.
The chefs are the best, no wonder your food looks amazing dear friend.
Fabby

Crystal Grandeur said...

Just Beautiful Christine:)

The Charm of Home said...

Hi Christine! It is good to see you here. I love mercury glass on the table and your centerpiece is lovely! Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

Pam Richardson said...

Christine, what a gorgeous tablescape, I love the dishes. Your menu sounds delicious and your helpers are the cutest!

Solange Belém said...

Beautiful, fantastic!!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday