Sunday, August 1, 2010

Candelier Met and an Unidentified Climbing Object

The week went by so fast again. I must be having fun or maybe I am just too busy. Busy traveling indeed! I am out of town again. I am picking up my mom from Chicago to bring her back home since it is my turn to watch her now.


But before I left, I had the chance to upload pictures so I can join

Susan for Metamorphosis Monday

Sally for Blue Monday

Mary for Mosaic Monday
Debbie for her B + A party.

Susan for Outdoor Wednesday


Check out more transformations, lovely blues and outdoor photos by going to their sites at


http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/


I bought this from TJ Maxx a few months or maybe a year ago. The girl is wearing a blue sailor outfit. It is actually a preview of a future tablescape.




While taking pictures for my metamorphosis post, I saw this butterfly on one of the flowers. Do you see the blue on her wings?


Now for an outdoor transformation, here is my iron candelier hanging from the gazebo. I could only use tapered candles because its holder has a tiny hole to stick them in. I wanted to use votives and tea lights sometimes so I searched and searched for a solution.

Before I show you what I found for a solution, can you help me identify this vine? While I was waiting patiently for some jasmines that I planted to climb, this vine mysteriously appeared and climbied very fast (which I like) on the gazebo. I did not plant it so it's wild but it is not a kudzu nor a poison ivy (Thank, God!) Its leaves are similar to grape and sweet potato vines but it isn't one of those either. I hope you can help me identify it. It has little delicate bell shaped purple flowers.




Ok, here is what I found on Ebay.I found the votive candle holders that has a spout (or whatever you call it) at the bottom. It fits right on the holders of the candelier. I also found some amber crystals to match.


And here is the candelier now. I like it much better. I wish there were more holes to hang the crystals because I have more but I have used all the holes. I even placed 2 dangling crystals in each hole.



Do you like it?











Here's a "Before and After" mosaic!



Thanks a lot for coming by. Hope you all have a nice week.


And thanks to Susan, Sally, Mary, Debbie and another Susan, for faithfully hosting these fun memes week after week after week.
Before I close, I would like to show you what I won from http://happierthanapiginmud.blogspot.com/ 's CSN giveaway. Isn't it cute? Now I can make my own smoothie just for myself without making too much since John does not like them.
Thanks! I really like it!

39 comments:

Traci said...

The candelier looks great! Love the crystals.

Lynn said...

Your chandelier is great, very pretty-enjoy!
I'll have a little rum in my after dinner smoothie-thanks:@)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your chandelier, Christine, and I have no idea what type of vine that is. It's very pretty, though. I bet if you send a photo to a home extension agent they can tell you.

Love your prize. That is so neat! And I'm happy that you are having your mom come for a visit.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Where on earth is your blog list? I always look for it and enjoy seeing it when I visit your blog. You have one of those rolling ones. I thought I was on the wrong blog. LOL!

Susan said...

Your candelier is awesome! I love your garden gazebo. It is so beautiful!

Kat said...

The candelier is gorgeous Christine. I love your gazebo, and I bet it's just magical in the evening with the candles lit. Hope you have a safe trip and are able to get in a little shopping while you're in Chicago! Hugs, Kat

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Awesome smoothie maker, congrats on that. Love the transformation on your chandelier. Have a very nice time with your mother. Also that butterfly is beautiful.

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love your solution to your candle problem !

Vivian said...

Love the way your chandelier turned out. Is the vine some sort of sweet pea?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Christine, I just love your gazebo with that candoleir. Love the gold glass you added to it. Not a clue what that vine is. It isn't kudzu is it. You don't want that at all. It will take over the whole yard, heck with will take over the neighborhood.

Sue said...

I love how you solved your problem. I'm sure it is so pretty with the candles glowing at night.

Am I the only one that is seeing your comments on top of your pictures?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Christine, I googled kudzu and that is what that looks like. You may want to get rid of that soon.

Tara said...

Love the new look to your blog Christine! The background is so you with all the traveling you do. The chandelier looks fabulous! I am afraid I cannot identify the vine though.
I hope you have a great time with your Mom while she's in your home again, maybe we'll get to see some pictures of her again in a future post! Have a great week and a safe trip!

Chandy said...

Hello Christine! Sorry I havent' been by... Too many projects being tackled at the same time. Lots to do in updating a 20-year old home. I'm loving every minute of it!

What a great gazebo! I love it! How are you?

My MM post is on our family blog:

http://complicatedsimplicity96.blogspot.com

see ya there!

Dining Delight said...

Love how your new candelier turned out! The bottom "spout" things on the votive holders make the whole thing called a "peglite" or at least that's what the candle company Partylite calls them. (I use them in my candelier too) Would it work to use fishing line to tie on more of those gorgeous crystals? Just an idea as I really like how they dress it up!

DD

PAT said...

Your candelier looks wonderful, with the tealight holders Christine!

I too was thinking kudzu when I saw the vine. Very invasive, has even found it's way to southern Missouri!

文王廷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Bit of the Blarney said...

Lovely garden!!! Cathy

PAT said...

Aha, Christine! I showed your vine to J, who can identify just about any tree or wild flower, by bark or leaf. He's pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.

As soon as he looked at it he said it looked like Morning Glory. I googled wild morning glory image and up popped your vine.:-)

See the blue morning glory photo by Jon Seymour, on the page link, below.

http://www.oxbowinc.org/photos-plants.htm

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

How wonderful that you and your siblings, share your mother's care.

Gentle hugs...

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like what you did with the candelier.
Sorry - I am of no help on the vine.
Have a safe trip.

Marie said...

Hi Christine - the candelier's transformation is amazing...you did an awesome job! I'm so in love with your beautiful gazebo. That vine is probably morning glory. It grows like a weed here in SoCal. Stopping by from Blue Monday.
-marie

SmilingSally said...

Before you leave Chicago, eat some pizza at Lou Manotti's--Johnny and I thought that it was the BEST!

I love your sailor girl.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

Diann said...

Hi CHRISTINE!
The chandy looks great. And what a fun win of the smoothie machine. Enjoy a yummy creation for me too!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

You have an amazing transformation of your candolier!!! I love it!!!

Kim, USA said...

I love the transformation Christine very pretty! And congratulations on winning the give aways your very lucky! Happy Monday!

Blueberry Lane

SouthernGal said...

I love both of them. So great that you can transform them anytime you want to now. Great find!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Sue said...

Using those votive cups really changed the look of your candleabra. I have a similar problem- except that the candle gets pushed onto a pointy thing to stabilize it. Unfortunately, candle wax ends up dripping all over. yuk I have to come up with a solution. I'm glad you solved your problem! Your gazebo looks so pretty all nestled in the trees....
hugs, Sue

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT chandelier!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous chandelier...in fact I would love the entire gazebo! I like your new header Christine....did you know you can widen your blog so that the meme parties do not run into your larger pictures? just go to your customize section as though you where going to change the template again...then the last option I believe it is layout...you will see a bar that you can scroll for width...make it a little wider:)

Debbiedoos said...

Oh and thanks for joining in on my party this week:) Always such a pleasure to visit you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! Oh, I love your outdoors chandy and the little votive cups are just perfect as are the crystals. You do everything just right!
I think you take more cruises than anyone I know! :) I do love them too and the Alaskan one is my favorite!
Thanks for popping by.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is tooo cute. I have seen those candle holders, but had forgotten about them. the crystals are adorable!

Carol

Olive said...

Love the chandy and your outdoor space. olive

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Great photos! The butterfly is such a gorgeous color!

Donna

Rebecca said...

Great Chandelier!!!!!!

Victoria said...

Popping over from Debbiedoos. Your chandy looks gorgeous!!! The whole gazebo area is to die for, what a wonderful place to sit and relax!!!

Michelle said...

Great job on your candelier! Your gazebo is lovely! :o)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, your candlelier looks great! I also really like those green lanterns. What a wonderful place to sit and enjoy your beautiful back yard. laurie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday