Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday, Ashley!



Today is my oldest grandchild's birthday, AJ.

Sorry, AJ, I am late in posting this but we just got home from a trip to Charleston, SC. But I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope this is just one of your many more fun birthdays to come with lots and lots of blessings. Sorry, we could not be with you today but you are always in our minds. We love you very much!

I can hardly believe it but she became a teenager today. I can still remember the first time we took her on a trip with us. She was 5 and we went to Hawaii. Since then, it became an annual ritual that we would take her on a trip with us during her school vacations.
She comes to visit us every summer and loves to swim on the pool. She picks up the frogs whenever she sees them because she is afraid that they will drown.

It is not all vacations for her though. Unless she is on a trip, she serves during mass every Sunday.







This girl is not afraid of anything. She climbed the rock while we were sailing on the maiden voyage of Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas on Dec, 2009 and yes, she reached the top and rang the bell.







She did ziplining too while on that cruise but I wouldn't do it, nope not me! LOL!


The next month, we went to Destin to meet her parents so she can go back home with them and she zip lined there again.

This was last year, summer of 2010. I was still a few inches taller than her.












I noticed a big change on her during our cruise this past summer, June, 2011.
She is a young lady now. She fixed her hair and dressed up all by herself and she was always in the bathroom playing with my makeup, lol.






This was taken then too and I was still a few inches taller than her.






We took her to see the chains used on the slaves that are still displayed here and she would not look at them. She did not want to imagine what those people had to endure but I told her it is just part of history now.












Playing doctor at John's clinic this past summer.
Aj is going to be a big sister to twin sisters very soon and she will be a very big help to her mom in taking care of them. Just look at how much she loves to take care of her little cousins.

We went to Florida 2 weeks ago and I was amazed to see that I am only about an inch taller than AJ now. We are almost as tall as each other and I am sure, she will overtake me by next year.


Happy birthday again, Tweetie Pie! I hope your day is going wonderful and I hope that even though you are getting older, you would still want to spend your summer vacations here and still come on trips with us. We love you very much!

Thanks to you all for coming by and helping us celebrate my granddaughter's birthday.

22 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Birthday AJ ! They grow up so fast don't they. She is a very pretty young lady. I would not have climbed up that wall even when I was young and did not know any better ! :-D She is braver than I ever was.
Have a great week.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday to AJ. Love all the photos over the years. Hope she has a wonderful day. She is so pretty.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday to that precious AJ! I hope it is just extra special. Loved seeing this history of her growing up, Christine. I can see why you're such a proud grandmother. She's a doll!

XO,

Sheila

Debjani said...

Happy 13th birthday, A.J.!! Hope you had a great day! Next year you will be celebrating this days with your new sisters!! Looking forward to seeing you again when you visit Natchez. Lots of love and blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ashley! She is a beautiful young girl and I know you feel so blessed to have her as your granddaughter!

How neat that you get to spend such wonderful times with her!

bee blessed
mary

Jojo said...

Such a very special birthday for a very special young lady. Happy birthday AJ!!

Anonymous said...

She is turning into a beautiful young lady right before your eyes.

Susan said...

AJ is a gorgeous little girl! Happy Birthday AJ!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to A.J.I think everyone has enjoyed watching her growing up on your blog. She is now a beautiful young lady and I am sure we will still enjoy her visits with you. That frog photo gives me the creeps though! LOL!

Marigene said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful AJ!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Belated Happy Birthday AJ. She's grown up right before our eyes, and what a beautiful young lady she is. Loved that picture of all the grands on the bench in a restaurant. laurie

Dhemz said...

wow, happy birthday to her! She is fearless...what a fine young lady...and tall too! thanks for the visit...:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy 13th Birthday to AJ!! She's beautiful Christine, I can see why your so proud of her! Martina

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow my friend, it must be "sweet and sour" (it's a saying from around here that I love) for you to think AJ was a little girl not long ago and now she's in her first year of been a teen, I guess time flies! I did that yuky recipe last Feb. with the girls, I wasn't blogging much and my daughter thought it came out great, but the girls made a mess of everything and didn't cooperate, so she posted the original photo, but it's easy to crash the cookies with a rolling pin. I'm still working away, tomorrow they'te installing the window treatment and then I will post! Love, FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I forgot to tell you I love the pics of sweet AJ thruout the years, she's becoming a pretty young "teen" that looks like her granny! Hugs, Fabby

Beth said...

Hi Christine, Happy Birthday to AJ and congratulations to you and John on your anniversary! I enjoyed reading about your trip to Pensacola too. I have a sister who lives there. Have a great week!
Beth

Silvia said...

what a lovely girl!!!! happy b-day AJ..i hope you had a wonderful day!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Christine that is so sweet!
She is such a beauiful girl and she is brave too!
I love that pic of you and her in Hawaii! You two just glow in that pic, so lovely!
Hugs,
Cindy

Barb said...

Happy birthday Ashley!

Great pictures, Christine. I know you are a wonderful grandmother.

Hugs, Barb

Ricki Treleaven said...

Happy Birthday!!! AJ, you are *gorgeous*, and 13 is such a special age :D

Christine, the Royal Hawaiian is one of my all time favorite resorts! Lovely photos, and I hope you spoiled AJ rotten for her birthday! I can tell y'all are close, and I think it is so sweet.

xoxoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, AJ. :) She's a lovely young lady now. Love her pretty smile, just like yours.

Diann said...

Happy belated birthday AJ! What a lovely grand daughter you have Christine!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday