Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Blue Orbs and Bowl


Last Wednesday, we went to Baton Rouge and went shopping at Perkins Rowe. After shopping at Anthropologie and Sur la Table, I went in Z Gallerie, which has always been one of my favorite stores when I lived in Florida. I was so glad I went because they had some items that were 80% off and I love most of them. I bought some white plates (chargers, dinner and salad)and some brown ones with a boar, deer and rabbit, which I have not taken a picture of yet. But I am so excited about this blue bowl and orbs.


The orbs or spheres were originally $9.99 each but it had a sign saying $50 % off. So, I brought 3 to the cashier and to my surprise, the cashier said they just discounted them further to $1.99 each. So I took the last one that I left out and bought all 4 of them. These are big and heavy. I asked if the bowl is also discounted and he checked. It was orignally $64 and with the 50% off, it would still be $32. That was why I left it on the shelf but when the sales clerk told me it was just further discounted to $12.89, I grabbed it.

The bowl is big and very heavy, at least 15 inches in diameter.



See the details? It has raised white scrolls.



Do you see the big painting on the wall? It's oil and I painted it myself.









I found this book box at Ross and if you know me, you must know I love peacocks so naturally, I bought it.



I placed it under the Sevres casket to raise it a bit. Here's a glimpse of the formal dining room.




I also moved one of the Sevres shell pair from the end table and added it to the coffee table vignette. Same thing with the fairy lamp.



And this is how I left it for now. I think I like it now and I hope you like it too.


I really like the color of the bowl and spheres. It matches our Sevres collection.





See the painting above the fireplace? It is an oil painting of my childhood home. A good friend of mine did it for me. One of these days, I will try to paint one myself. In fact, I will try to paint several to give to my cousins and siblings. I just have to gather my mood and energy to start, lol.


This Sevres compote with 3 putti was moved from the coffee table to this occational table by the lion chair.


Love the lion candle which I placed inside the crown. I bought it from an antique shop for, I think, $7.




And this table is on the opposite wall across the sofa. More peacocks on the Tracy Porter "Artesian" tea set.



I am linking with:
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Sherry's Home Sweet Home Friday at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Diann's Thrifty Things Friday at http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Susan's Met Mon at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Mary's Masterpieces Monday at http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/

SJ at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/
Cielo's Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/
Sally's Blue Monday at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
Marty's Tabletop Tues at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/


Thank you all for stopping by!

44 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Everything looks perfect. I can't believe I was right next to a Z Gallerie yesterday and didn't go in. Maybe I need to go back, I will be nearby on Saturday!

Rebecca said...

Those balls are sure pretty-love the color-but it's the painting I'm thinking of-wish I had your talent!

Blondie's Journal said...

I have never been to a Z Gallery but it sounds like they have all the things I love. The orbs and bowl are spectacular and look perfect in your living room. All of your pieces match so beautifully and compliment each other. Great choices!

How is the weather by you? We have been having a lot of cold and rain but it is supposed to brighten up by weekend...hopefully. Take care and have a great holiday weekend!

XO,
Janie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your house my friend, I love the way you've fixed it, my taste for sure. I need to take pictures of the rest of my house, I just focus to much on my dining areas! I love your Sevres collection, it's stunning! I love the box, I love them all! Gorgeous Chris, you've done a great job on your home...and we know it doesn't ever STOP! I'll be at Pink Sat. with something new. See you sweetie!
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG!, I forgot to congratulate you on the beautiful art work, you're a very talented lady and you have the eye for beauty! Love the bowl and orbs too, great color!
Hugs
FABBY

Sarah said...

Christine, it was your lucky day. ;-)
Have a great Memorial Day weekend. ~ Sarah

Kathleen said...

You know I love a bargain, and I love yours! So pretty! I can't believe they reduced them so much! Good shopping girl!

Kathy said...

Wow! These are exquisite - beautiful vignettes. Your painting is quite lovely,
Kathy

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

You scored! I love that shade of blue. And you're very lucky to have found so many treasures the same color. I've never been to Z Gallery but would love to! And you're quite the artist! Who knew? Love the painting of your childhood home too.

Sue said...

Bargains, with a capital "B!" I do like those blue/white ceramic orbs.I just found some green ones last week- need to put them out, but have beentoo busy to do anything with them. Maybe next week when I hopefully am caught up! :-)

Marigene said...

Beautiful shade of aqua...

lvroftiques said...

Christine they were obviously meant to be yours! Talk about right place right time *winks* Very cute! I'm just eating up all the beautiful eye candy! Yummmm!! Vanna

Richard Cottrell said...

Ms. C. Love all the French S. Just wonderful, what a beautiful collection. I bet you have a big Memorial Day coming up? I sure hope so. have a good time and be happy. Richard

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

The inside of your home is very beautiful! I love your new bowl and orbs.

Dee

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love your bargains. That bowl and orbs are wonderful. Bobby says I never met an orb I didn't have to have!

Debjani said...

Great deal, Christine, and the bowl and orbs are so eloquent! Luv the color!

Dolores said...

Christine.... your painting is lovely... a very talented lady you are!!

Your bowl and orbs are so pretty ...and good bargains.
Happy weekend!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your home is so elegant and lovely! The blues are gorgeous. I love the peacock box too and can see why you had to have it. I love Ross. The prices are so good! I just wore a dress from there today.

Have a safe weekend,

Nancy

mo said...

Oh my, what a beautiful home you have! All of the wood is divine.

It looks like a palace.

*hugs*

mo

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Everything thing looks so regal. How beautiful!
Those sweet, charming faces in your header are just darling.
Susan

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous how that blue ties in with your other lovely pieces. Enjoy the weekend Christine.

Diann said...

Christine, those orbs and the bowl are just gorgeous. What a great price! I think I would have snatched them up as well. And they look just perfect with all your other lovelies! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you and John have a wonderful Memorial Day!

The Charm of Home said...

Christine,
You got a great deal on the blue orbs and blue. They are really pretty and the perfect summer color. I love the painting of your childhood home. Thanks for linking it up!
Sherry

Tara said...

Hi Christine! I really love the pops of blue amongst the room. It really plays well off all the beautiful dark wood.

I came by to let you know that you won my Cottage Charm Giveaway! Please email me your information when you get the chance so I can get the goodies sent out to you. You can find my email on my blog sidebar. have a great weekend and congrats, I'm so glad someone I know won!

Cheri said...

Wow, just gorgeous! Love the turquoise.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your compote with puttinis, it's so beautiful! I love puttinis too, I have an English vintage dish with a separation in between. I'm at Cielo's too!
Love
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! OH, I'm feeling sad that I've never been to a Z Gallery! Your home is gorgeous and you have so many pretty things!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Live Better For Less said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Love the turquoise accent in everything.

Esme Sy said...

These are beautiful Christine. Love your house.

My Blue Monday.

Clavel said...

You have a very elegant living room! Happy BM sis! mine is here:http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com/2011/05/mymbm-rt.html
clavs

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How lovely, Christine! You know I love the colors! They really pop against the warm wood tones in your room! Happy holiday weekend...hugs...Debbie

SmilingSally said...

Of course you got excited! What an excellent shopping trip! Love that turquoise blue.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

Marie said...

Oh how cute are those blue orbs! But I really really love that blue french looking chest next to it on your table! WOW!

Happy Memorial Monday to you Christine and I hope you can join my giveaway.
-Marie

Traci said...

Love the blue bowl & orbs. What a deal!! The painting you did is so pretty. You're really talented.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning!! Your home is fabulous and so is your taste and talent!

The Explorer said...

the bowl and the orbs added great color to your place and i agree that its perfect color combination, not sure how you are able to see that it will fit there :)

Kim, USA said...

Oh my my the blues just popped out in your living room. Very beautiful Christine. Happy Monday!

Blue water

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

delicate blue crafts.
well done.
cheers.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Wow! That bowl and orbs are stunning! Love those colors.

The Dragonfly On Iron Gate said...

How beautiful, I'm happy I stopped in to visit. New follower ! Happy Tuesday. Jules ♥

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are gorgeous Christine, para akong nasa museum or mamahaling store hehehe. Ingat lagi!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christine. I love these colors!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Christine, your bowl and orbs are gorgeous and your vignettes are all stunning. I love seeing your pretty rooms and all of your beautiful treasures. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

So pretty and very elegant. I love each little vignette in your house. I think I'd be entranced forever just wandering though. I so miss our Z Gallerie store. I've been in mourning ever since it moved out of the Galleria.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday