Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Anniversary Dinner

Today, aside from joining Susan for Tablescape Thurs. I am also participating with Leigh of http://lbratina.blogspot.com/ for Thrifty Thursday. I have a thrifty pair of candlesticks holder that I would like to share with y'all. For more amazing thrifty finds, please visit Leigh!
Well, here comes another fun meme made possible by our most gracious hostess, Susan of http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/. If you want to see some interesting and elegant tables where you can get inspriation for your next dinner party, make sure you go visit her and her participants.

For our anniversary last week, this is where we ate dinner. We were going to eat out and then go the little theater downtown and watch a play but the fence guy made an appointment to come so I rushed to prepare dinner instead. We were still able to watch the premiere of Fauntleroy. It was pretty good and we had a good time!
You can enlarge the pictures to see more details.

See little cupid reading a book? He is pretty relaxed now thinking he did his job when he pointed his arrow towards me and John.
I used our new "lion" flatware I bought from Horchow, American Limoges salad plates (actually they are luncheon plates cause they're a little bigger) in a Mandarin Green Trillium pattern, lace plate chargers and white dinner plates I bought from HomeGoods.


I used our Meissen rose napkin rings.

I found the candle holders for $5.00 for the pair in an antique store downtown. And then they were marked down another 20% off so I ended up paying $4 for the pair. I thought they really went well with my salad plates. These are my thrifty finds.
Lladro bride and groom figurine and a white rose placecard holder.
Aren't the cups pretty with the flower design inside? The plates are really nice too with gold and green scroll borders.
For glasses I used green goblets with gold scrolls but I do not remember where I got them from. I also used Mikasa tulip wine stemware which I bought from a Mikasa outlet store.
Tulip crystal candle holders


See the lion head flatware? Aren't they elegant? I don't know why but I love lion heads. Have you seen my lion chair?







I tried experimenting on enlarging the pictures. Laurie was nice enough to email me the instructions. I only enlarged some tall pictures because the wide ones might not work because of my blog layout. How do you like the larger pictures?


I would like to thank Susan and Leigh for hosting these fun events and you all for your much appreciated visits!

31 comments:

susan said...

Christine-You threw this together??? It is beautiful and the candlesticks are perfect (and a perfect price too!). I love your bride and groom figurine. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! I love your 'thrown together' table! It's beautiful. I love your dishes - oh my! The little bride and groom are so pretty. Happy Anniversary!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Christine,
First I would like to say Happy Anniversary. Now on to your beautiful table, I just loved your flatware and napkin rings and what a deal on your candle holders.
Sandy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Christine, what a beautiful table with such gorgeous dishes. I love the little cupid and the beautiful bride and groom. Everything is just stunning as usual. I LOVE the larger pictures. If you change your template to minima stretch then you can enlarge all of them. I love seeing all the wonderful detail. Hugs, Marty

Salmagundi said...

Those salad plates, cups & saucers are beautiful. A great tablescape, as always! Sally

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, this is so lovely, and I know how special your dear husband must have felt to be treated to a dinner this pretty!

Love your tablescape...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Your tablescapes are always so lovely!

And also, I love your new header with the photos :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Joyce said...

Elegant. I also enjoyed your post with the banana foster. I see that you met up with other blog gals for lunch too. Your one busy lady. I bet you all had a fun luncheon. Isn't it fun to meet blog gals?
Joyce

Kat said...

Christine, this is a beautiful, elegant table. I love everything about it, and it looks lovely in the candlelight. I do love that flatware, it really is gorgeous. Happy Anniversary to you! Kathy

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

So beautiful and it sounded like you didn't have a whole lot of time to do this! Love the couple and the cupid--so cute. I like the fact that we can click on your pics and get the big picture. EVerything is gorgeous.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is lovely and so romantic -- I love those dishes.

Julie said...

Hi Christine Happy Anniversary... I love your dishes... such a pretty table
xoxo
Julie

Marigene said...

Wow, that is a stunning table. I love the trillium dishes.

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Christine, Happy Anniversary! The table is so romantic. I love the plates and the tea cups. A night at the theater and a romantic dinner for 2, sounds like a perfect evening!

Krystal Kats said...

HI Christine Happy Anniversary! what a lovely table and beautiful dishes. I love your TST! thanks for sharing with me!

The Bloom Girls said...

So beautiful! Any guest would feel special dining at this table!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a romantic and beautiful table Christine! A belated happy anniversary to you and John. That flatware is gorgeous, and love the pretty plates and the cups with the design inside. I also really liked the larger photos (and thanks for giving me the credit). I clicked on some of the smaller ones, so I could get a better look at that tablecloth and your accessories. It all looks beautiful. laurie

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Everything is beautiful and romantic, love those dishes..

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a beautiful table, very romantic. My husband would never appreciate that, I hope yours did.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous anniversary table, Christine!!

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY romantic table!!!

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful table..The dishes are fabulous and the silverware too!
It is just gorgeous!
Happy Anniversary..it looks so romantic!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Happy Anniversary to you and John...Christine you out did yourself with this beautiful table...but girl what I really L♥ved was the Lladro bride and Groom...just beautiful...Loved the little salt cellars also...and that Laurie is great about helping is't she..Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Happy anniversary. I think your table is so romantic. The setting next to the fireplace, the linens, the china, silver, crystal, and even the Love sign and the bride and groom figurine comes together to make a memorable table and evening.

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Happy Anniversary Christine, to you and your dear beloved!

Your table is GORGEOUS ~ I love your china and all of the details, it is prettier than any anniversary celebration table I have ever seen.

Outstanding!! xo ~m

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful table. I L-O-V-E your china. I have a limoges pattern that was my mothers that incorporates the same border on the plates. I thought they were ugly as a child but love them now. I think I'll keep an eye out for some like yours now that I've seen them.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh how pretty! and pretty darned romantic, too. Happy Anniversary.
Cass

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Your tablescape is beautiful! Please stop by for a visit soon.
Michelle

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! You certainly designed a perfectly romantic setting for the two of you. I know your husband appreciated the beauty of this table as well as the dinner you prepared.

sherri@lavender fields said...

Hi Christine. What a beautiful and romantic setting. Your dishes are amazing!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

The anniversary table setting is so pretty...(what a great deal on those napkin rings...they are perfect!) Happy Anniversary John and Christine!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday