Friday, October 9, 2009

Another NY Trip

Another day is here to do a double post. Pink Saturday is hosted by Beverly of http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/. Please visit her blog and see a lot of pretty pinks.
It's also time for Sightseeing Saturday. If you have any travel pictures or any sceneries that you want to share with us, please link with Mr. Linky below and share them with us. Please feel free to copy the Sightseeing Sat. logo to display on your link and sidebar.

For today, we will go back to NY. There is so much to see in NY and I felt that I did not show you enough last Saturday, so I am showing you more here. This was another trip to NY that we took. You will see both AJ and me wearing a lot of pink outfits, therefore I am linking with Pink Saturday. AJ's favorite color was pink when she was younger, so she was always in pink then. She has changed it to blue since. She said pink is too girly and she said she is a tomboy, lol!

First pink: a pink advertising by Time Square.
There is AJ wearing a pink and blue sweater and a pink muffler while we were browsing through jewelry in a street sale. They have a lot of those in NY and I really enjoy them.
How about fake designer purses sold by street vendors? You have to be quick if you want to buy anything cause they get raided by cops and then the vendors wrap everything up so fast and they disappear. LOL!
I told AJ the 9-11 story for the first time, while showing her Ground Zero. She was so sad hearing about it.


We were on the tour bus when we passed by these markets at Soho so it was too bad cause I couldn't go shopping.
But we stopped at Fao Schwarz and AJ enjoyed it of course.
We made time to watch another broadway, Beauty and the Beast. It was excellent!
How about a chicken barbecue? Yummy!
waiting patiently for the subway
and AJ waiting to ride the giant ferris wheel at Toys R Us in Manhattan
Radio City


AJ is smiling here but just a few minutes before this picture was taken, she was crying because she put her head through those bars and it got caught and she couldn't get it out. LOL! Of course I eventually was able to wiggle her head out of of the tour bus bars.
We were on the upper deck of the tour bus and everytime we go through a street with a low tree, we had to dock. See how John can reach the traffic lights?

Can you spot John buying a sports jacket from Century 21? Nope, it's not the real estate agency. It's a big discount department store in NY near Ground Zero.
We enjoyed walking through the Museum of Natural History and Sciences.
No matter how many times we go to NY, we always go to the Central Park Zoo.
And we try to watch as many broadway shows as we can fit, in the short time that we spend there. We usually just go for a long extended weekend. Here, we watched The Lion King.
All that walking really got us exhausted. Look at AJ, she couldn't even wait to get up to the hotel room. She fell asleep right on the sofa. Poor baby!
Hope you enjoyed another NY tour. I told you , we go there a lot. I hope you are not getting tired of seeing NY pictures. I try not to show you the same sights.
Thank you all for coming and thank you Bev for hosting another Pink Saturday.
If you want to join Sightseeing Sat, I encourage you to link with me below and I will be elated if you do. Thanks!





26 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Oh how I love NYC!!! What a lovely post :).

Thanks for the opportunity to share my scenic views here in VA.

Take care,
ButterYum

Cass @ That Old House said...

Lovely pics of MY city! :-)

There's no better place to take children than the Natural History Museum. It looks as if you had a fabulous time!
Cass

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Christine, what a lovely time you all had. The farthest I get away is to Walmart and work.. lol.. trips are definetly not in our future. Poor AJ.. hope she got some rest... hugs ~lynne~

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like you did allot when you were in NY. How wonderful. Great photos too!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, I love the pics of the trip, and I love it that you and AJ were dressed for Pink Saturday! What a little cutie pie she is. I know you are so proud of her and rightfully so.

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Regina said...

Happy Pink Saturday Christine. Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Debra said...

Enjoyed the tour. New York is a great place.

Kat said...

Christine, I never get tired of your pictures of New York. There is so much to see and do! That double decker bus sounds like fun. Have a wonderful weekend. Kathy

Candy said...

Looks like an on the go trip to NY. Love the lily pad bridge at the zoo.
Also lovely table setting for friends and I know you girls had fun singing.
Cute pink traveling AJ ;-)

Diers Eve said...

Those are great pics!!! So adorable!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Regards,
Val

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I've never been to NY, but how fun would that be! Our older daughter went there right after she got married for her "mini-moon", cuz their school scheduled New Years' break was so short and they got married Dec 31st. It was a little prelude to their summer Caribbean cruise and Puerto Rico honeymoon.

Wow! that is amazing that the vendors can get up and go so quickly!

AJ is so blessed to have a you two to do such wonderful and amazing trips with :o) She is such a cutie! I love the photo of her on the lily pads in Central Park and her smiling after she got her head out of the bus bars!

And nope, not getting tired of the New York pics :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

I would love to visit New York...you are so lucky and blessed to get to go there often...I really enjoy seeing where you visit..seeing it through your eyes is such fun and no sore feet for me! LOL!
Poor AJ, bless her heart...tell her not to feel bad about the head stuck in the bars thing....I certainly can relate to that fear....when I was around 3 years old, I was at disney...(hardly remember anything about it), except getting my head stuck in some bars and within the bars were killer whales swimming around...don't know if they were real one's or not, but that was scary! Scary enough for me to remember after all these years! LOL! I haven't thought about that in years! LOL!
Have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! How gorgeous is NYC Christine! LOVE it all! The photos are stunning.

Have a wonderful weekend. ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

You are just the traveling girl!! How fun! I'm more of a homebody I guess but always enjoy seeing the sights via you and others!



Bee blessed,
mary

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Happy Pink Saturday!

SmilingSally said...

What a wonderful trip. My friend bought me a knockoff Coach bag when they went on a trip there.

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed looking at your NYC photos, Christine. I have never been to NYC and I've always wanted to. My bithday is in December and I've always wanted to go to see the RC Christmas tree. It looks like you had a great time. What fun to take your AJ to see Beauty and the Beast - and what a beauty she is! Love it all!
xo...Kathy

Fifi Flowers said...

I LOVE NYC!!! I cannot wait to go back!

DesignTies said...

That was a great tour of New York City, thanks!! :-)

It's been a while since I last visited your bog -- I really like your new header :-)

I'll try to remember to participate in Sightseeing Saturday next week.

Kelly

Nancy said...

Christine! We took my son to Beauty and the Beast when he was about 6 or 7. Wow! It has been there a long time. Wasn't it wonderful? I loved the tankard dance...talk about coordination! Thanks for sharing. Now if you could just get to Winter Park (FL) so I could see my old neighborhood there! LOL! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

AJ is so fortunate to have all of these travel experiences.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

c, your chidren are so lucky to see all the places that you expose them too. I have done very little traveling and I would love to do more, but thanks to you I can just sit here and go lots of places...thanks

KBeau said...

I think it's so neat that you can enjoy all of these travel adventures with your granddaughter. Happy traveling.

Maggie said...

Hi Christine,
Really enjoyed touring NYC with you again today, you pack so much into your trips every time.
Don't forget to email me your address so that I can mail your Pay it Forward gift to you when I get back to Normandy. quimperpix@gmail.com

Maggie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Christine, those photos of Ground Zero are so moving. All of your photos are great, but the last one of AJ asleep on the arm of the sofa is just the cutest thing. laurie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I live in nYC Christine and I think you went to all the right spots with you little girl! Nice photos!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday