Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cotton Field and Snake

It's Wednesday so it's outdoor fun day! Thanks to Susan of http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for making this possible. Please visit her and her participants to see and enjoy amazing outdoor pictures.
Have you ever seen a cotton plantation? I haven't, until we moved to Mississippi. Last week, on our way home from shopping, we passed by this cotton fields and I took pictures so I can share them with you.

Isn't the sun peeking through the trees so pretty?
Also last week, we had a gardener working in the yard. I saw him walk towards the office where I was blogging to show me this. Eeeek! I hate snakes!

But anyway, don't you think I took a beautiful picture? The snake was small but very aggressive. Sorry to all you snake lovers out there but I had to have him killed because I think he is venomous. See the triangular shape of the head? What do you think he is? My best guess is a rattlesnake.

I hope you enjoyed my outdoor contribution for this week. Thank you all for coming by and thanks Susan, for hosting this event.

13 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my stars Christine, I can't believe you got close enough to that thing to take a picture! I would have been running screaming down the street! Love the shots of the sun, beautiful. Hope you are having a wonderful week. And I love your new header! Kathy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Christine, I have seen cotton fields and I have even picked cotton. Not very much, but when I was a lot younger. Beautiful pictures. I wouldn't be within a mile of that snake if I could help it. Yuk!!!!! Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Christine! A snake! Yes, you did take a great picture! I can't believe your picture wasn't blurry! :) I would have been shaking!
My mother used to pick cotton as a girl on her dad's farm in Alabama! I saw lots of cotton when I was little!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

YIKES! Christine, I could barely even LOOK at the photo. I certainly would not have been able to take a photo of that thing. My skin is crawling just seeing the picture. (I hope his ghost doesn't come to your house tonight!) I live in cotton country, and have even picked cotton. I'm afraid all of the rain this year may ruin the crop. laurie

Tootsie said...

I have never seen a cotton field...there are none here that I know about...this was nice to see.
the snake...EWE!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I'm not squeamish about snakes, but I was thinking that little guy was poisonous too (shape of the head). At any rate, it's a great photo!

Tara said...

EEK! What is it about snakes that makes you love the or hate them. Me, I don't like the yucky things, they're just so darned gross! I've never seen a real cotton plantation either, it's interesting to see where cotton begins. Can you imagine having to pick all that!

KBeau said...

I love seeing cotton fields when the cotton is ready for picking. Snakes I can do without.

Mary Bergfeld said...

That certainly is a snake :-). I hope you were using a telephoto lens. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Snakes! EWW! You were brave, very brave to take that shot. ;-)

Regina said...

Those are amazing captures. I'm scared of the snake too.:)

Kammy said...

I would be running for the hills !!! That snake is scary ! I hope the gardener took him away !
Kammy

Alicia said...

You're a braver girl than I! But it is a beautiful picture. I love the sun peeking through the trees, but I believe I'd stay inside after seeing that snake!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday