Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmas Party in an Antebellum House

I caught a bug in California and I just do not have the energy to create a tablescape here at home. I was supposed to have a dinner party tonight but had to reschedule that too. But, I did not want to miss Tablescape Thursday so I will share with you pictures of the party given generously to the Physicians and wives by the hospital last week. TT is hosted by Susan of http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and if you want to see more tablescapes to inspire you, head over there.
The party was held downtown in a very prestigious antebellum house, which is used solely for parties. I was in awe of all the beauty of the fursnishings. John and I were drooling over all the Sevres pieces and I wanted to take the harp home, lol.
Here is more to show you. You wouldn't believe the intricate details of all the ceilings and walls inside the hall. And to think that it was offered at an auction. Who would give up an elegant beauty such as this?
The food and the table setting.

The banquet was catered by All Cotton, the cooking school that I posted here a few months ago. We had crab cakes, lobster bisque. fruit parfait, roast beef, brie and many others and everything was so delicious.
What is more fun than food in parties is being in the midst of friends. Shown here with us are very good friends of ours, the CEO of the hospital and his lovely wife, Nit (my shopping partner!)and the hospital CFO, Melissa. Aren't they just pretty with their lovely dresses?
I hope you and your families all enjoy this holiday season and unlike me, stay well.
Thank you Susan, for hosting another fun meme and I appreciate each and everyone for your visits.

12 comments:

Kat said...

Wow Christine, what a lovely event. Everything is gorgeous, and the food looks amazing. So sorry that you are under the weather. I hope that you feel better soon and that you and your family have a joyous Christmas! I'm so happy that you started your blog and we've gotten to know each other better. Kathy

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a wonderful event. Gorgeous doesn't even come close to describing this beautiful home. I can see why you would want to take the harp on with you. Sorry you're under the weather. I hope you feel better soon. From our home to yours a Very Merry Christmas..
hugs ~lynne~

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Christine...looks like a very elegant event!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

:) Diane

a quiet life said...

such gorgeous pics of you, what a wonderful smile! i hope you are feeling better by christmas... wishing you a very merry xmas and i am jealous about your maiden voyage!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, looks like a great party.

Sarah said...

Christine, sorry to hear that you have a bug. Hope you are better soon and can enjoy the holidays.
This looks like a beautiful occasion in a charming home. Thanks for sharing.
Merry, Merry! ~ Sarah

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

HOLY MOLY!
What an amazing home and party!!!
You look beautiful Christine, and I hope you feel better soon! I think you need to stay home and rest a bit! hehe! Hugs and Merry Christmas my friend, Cindy

kanishk said...

I hope you feel better soon. From our home to yours a Very Merry Christmas.
Work from home India

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Christmas Greetings, sweet friend...

Ohhh my...what a fabulous place! It looks like ya'll had a fabulous party...I would have loved it! Can you even imagine living in a home like that?

Ohhhh noooo...I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Darlin'! And what a terrible time to be sick, huh? I've already prayed for you, Christine! I pray that the Lord heals you, my friend!!! You feel better!!!

Warmest wishes and blessings to you, John, and your sweet family for a wonderful Christmas!!!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Christine!

Oh, that looks delish! Hope you're feeling much better....I just wanted to pop by to tell you Merry Christmas....

Hugs,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Great looking food. Sorry you are not feeling up to par, hopefully you get well soon. It is no fun to be sick around the holidays.

Merry Christmas. Terry

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh! how absolutely gorgeous this place is, and I love how the food was staged. (Did John pick up any of the Sevres?) laurie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday