Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's Been a Very Busy Month!

December has been very busy and hectic for us and I thought I would post a summary of what we have been up to. This is my second post for Monday. I also did a combined Met and Blue Monday post so if you have time, please take a look at my bedroom makeover.
I created some mosaics so I think I will link with Mary of http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/ To see more creative mosaics, head on over there.
The excitement started when we joined the maiden voyage of the biggest ship in the world, Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. The ship was quite an awesome experience all throughout but the highlight of my cruise was being able to watch the Nelsons perform. I have always been a # 1 fan of their dad, Ricky Nelson, and I have always admired their whole family. They had 3 shows in the ship and we watched all 3 of them, lol. Talk about being a fanatic, I felt like a teenager once again. After the show, Matthew handed his guitar pick to AJ and they autographed it the next day. I have it in my safe. AJ asked why she could not have it. I told her it's because it is more valuable to me than to her and that I am just keeping it for her, LOL.
We came home and stayed for about 5 days after the cruise and then flew to California to attend my nephew's daughter's College graduation. Kristin is the oldest great granddaughter of my mother and is the first to graduate from College, with a Bachelors degree in Health Administration. She wants to take masters in Nursing next.

But what I
was most excited about was meeting a good blogging friend, Cindy of http://sisterhoodofthecreativehearts.blogspot.com/ and her hubby, Hugh. Cindy does not blog often because she is extremely busy but she took the time to drive 2 and a half hours to come and see me. Isn't that just wonderful? I really do appreciate that, Cindy! We were so excited that we couldn't stop hugging each other. John and Hugh probably thought we were crazy, lol. You see, Cindy has been a friend since RMS and she is just the sweetest person. Don't I look like a midget amidst all of them? LOL!
And look at the scarf that she gave me. Isn't that gorgeous? Just the right colors, my favorite colors. Thank you Cindy and Hugh, for coming to see us and for the beautiful scarf. The scarf is so soft and feels so silky nice. Here's Kristin! I am so proud of her. She was the first one to get up on stage to speak too and welcome the graduates.
It was so nice to see relatives and friends that I haven't seen for so long. My nephew and his wife threw a party for her the next day and there must have been 150 guests there. Talk about parents who are very proud.

We just got back home last Monday and unfortunately, got so sick as soon as we got home. I was scheduled to have a dinner party on the 23rd but had to postpone it cause I just could not get myself moving to prepare for it.
So, for Christmas eve, my friend brought us some food. John and I had a quiet dinner for 2.
After dinner, we went to attend mass at 9 PM at St. Mary's Basilica. Isn't our church pretty? They are doing some work on the ceiling so ignore the scaffolding.
I immediately got into my pj's when we got home. I forgot I wanted to take pictures while opening presents but I was so lazy to change again. So, I hope you don't mind me in my pj's. John likes his presents. I gave him a Kindle and a case for it, a set of 4 framed ducks, which I hope he will hang in his office, a lit library which will be the first building for his planned Christmas Village for next year, a screw driver X'mas tree ornament and a wooden egg.
And look what I got from him! A black and white diamond bracelet set in 14 k white gold. Of course I like it! Isn't it pretty?
Now, I can start to relax and rest until New Year's eve. I hope you all had a nice Christmas celebration and continue to enjoy the hoilday season. Thanks, Mary for hosting this event.

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

WOW, you have been busy. The Nelson brothers are handsome guys and I sure they put on a good show. The family must be proud of the graduate too. And it is really cool that you got to meet your blogger friend. That is really wonderful. Happy Holidays and I wish you the best in 2010.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! You have had a busy month, Christine! I am so excited that you got to meet Cindy! Doesn't it feel like you've known each other forever? And congrats to the graduate! I know that your family must be so proud of her! And the idea of a quiet Christmas at home sounds so nice. What a good friend to bring you dinner! Enjoy your weekend...hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are feeling much better and things will start slowing down. We are always super busy until after the New Year....then I wish for things to do besides watch it snow.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Wow Christine, that bracelet is stunning! John sure knows how to pick a gift! Your church is so pretty, and I loved the photos of all of your family and friends at the graduation. Looks like a wonderful Christmas! laurie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful bracelt ~ WOW!
The Nelson's that is so cool.
Your church is very beautiful.
Your neice is stunning.
Looks like a great gathering.
Happy New Year.

SmilingSally said...

WOW! Christine, that bracelet is gorgeous!

Blondie's Journal said...

I can't beleive you went to the Nelson's show 3 times!! You are like a teenager!! lol!! I am glad that you had this highlight on your cruise!! ;-).

I am so sorry you are sick, so many people have been with this cold. Too bad it had to happen around the holidays of all times but I am glad you are feeling better. Rest a lot.

Your church is beautiful. It is so white! I would very much enjoy attending mass there. I also enjoyed seeing the pictures from Kristen's graduation. She is a doll. What a beautiful family you have.

How nice that we have met Cindy's this month!! I have so enjoyed the experience of metting fellow bloggers...how about you??!!

I am in love with your Christmas gift from John. He has wonderful taste! I didn't receive jewelry this year. Hmmmm... ;-)

Get well soon!!!

xoxoxoxoxo
Janie

Tara said...

It sounds like your family had something to celebrate! Congratulations to the graduate!
Your church is certainly gorgeous, what amazing ceilings,even with the scaffolding! Your bracelet is gorgeous, your husband has excellent taste!

Suesue said...

Great post Christine. Love seeing all the pictures of family and friends too. Your church is so ornate and exquisite and speaking of exquisite .... girl I love that bracelet!!!! I'd say your darling husband did REAL good. I love black and white diamonds like that.
Sue

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Congrats on meeting your friend Cindy! Now how about meeting another Cindy? Hint, Hint! Do you need to come for Wisconsin for anything? Loved the bracelet how gorgeous Christine! Hugs, Cindy

Cindy J. said...

Christine, getting to see you in person was simply a dream come true! I thought I had seen this post but I did miss it when my computer was down.. You did send some pics through email..right? that is what I saw.. We had such a great time and so enjoyed meeting your dear hubby and wonderful family. Hopefully we will be able to visit in person again.. Oh I do love that bracelet too, that hubby of your's is definitely a keeper! Love, Cindy p.s. don't know why I can't keep my eyes open any more!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday