Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Deck the Halls, Better Late Than Never

Sorry, I am late but we just arrived home from California at 4:20 early this morning. Long flight and drive! Anyway, the important thing is that I made it and I don't want to miss this event. Susan of http://thoughtsfromovertherainbow.blogspot.com/ is graciously hosting this event so go over her site to check out her and others' Christmas decorations.
Since the ornaments are more than 3, I thought I would link with Tam at http://www.thegypsyscorner.com/ also.

I have shown you our dining room and a few accessories here and there. I would like to show you more of the formal living and the family room today.

Below is the living room!


See my medical santa? My sister from Illinois gave it to John last Christmas. The gold crown is for the King of Kings. It's actually a tea light candle holder.
I keep the living room Christmas tree traditional. Here are a few of our Christmas ornaments from around the world. I buy one everytime we visit a country or a state.
Don't you just like the Russian doll and the Turkish slippers? The ball on the bottom left is from London. The T model car is from Henry Ford's museum in Fort Myers, FL and of course, we have some ornaments from the University of Michigan. Go Blue!
Now, this is the family room. I have 2 white trees here and a wire table top from Southern Living at home tree, where I hang orange balls and Lladro bells.
the family room mantel....I got lazy and been so busy with travels that I did not place the garland. It is still sitting in the garage.
This is my family tree. I made the ornaments. They were plain ceramic ones that I bought from Jo Ann Fabrics about 3 "after X'masses" ago. I painted something christmassy on them. They were 10 cents each. Hey! That's thrifty, I should have joined Thrifty Tues too.
BTW, if you wonder what my name xinex is, X stands for Christ and "ine" is ine, thus, Christine or xine and the last X stands for Cruz or cross, which is my maiden name.

Thanks for stopping by and I would like to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed holidays.

19 comments:

Maggie said...

Christine your home looks even more beautiful than ever, so very festive & welcoming.
The hand decorated tree ornaments are just lovely.
Have a very Happy Christmas and see you next year!!
Maggie

Carrie said...

What a lovely collection of special ornaments!
I enjoyed seeing your Lladro bells since I have several of the nativity bells.

Have a wonderful Christmas,
Carrie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Your home is beautifully decorated . I love the ornaments you painted in your family room . The ones from all over the world in the living room are very interesting.
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your home looks lovely. Love the ornaments you have collected form your trips. Very festive.
Have a beautiful Christmas.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Many Blessings at Christmas, from my mountain top to your home….Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Sharlotte said...

What a gorgeous home! It looks so warm and cozy for the holidays. Thanks for sharing your collections ~ love the mosaics! Merry Christmas!

Regina said...

Gorgeous home!
I wish you and you family a blessed Christmas.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You certainly are busy, going on a cruise and decorating your home so beautifully. I spy a terrific golden crown amoung all that holiday decor. It looks like something a real king would wear upon his coronation.

Sue said...

You have so many beautiful things! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. Sue

Kerri Deitsch said...

I love all of it! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys! I have gifts for you, (well I am still waiting for my Dad's to arrive) but I fear they will not arrive in time! Ah well, you will have them to open after Christmas I guess. Just leave the tree up for a few days and you can put them under it! Merry Merry Christmas!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Merry Christmas Christine! The ornaments are beautiful! All of them. I love hearing how people get their names. I got Kiakai because my sons family is from Hawaii so he wanted to name his daughter's middle name Kai. They were trying to think of a first name. I went to school with a guy named Kia...so I told them to name the baby Kia Kai. I was just kidding. I referred to the baby as KiaKai the whole time she was pregnant. When I signed up for RMS, I just used it as my user name. Well they named the baby Avery Summer. So much for that. Long story huh. Anyway. MERRY CHRISTMAS friend.
Kelly

Its So Very Cheri said...

It all looks wonderful but I would expect nothing less than magnificent.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas
Cheri

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, everything is just stunning. You always decorate everything beautifully. I hope you and all your family have a Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, it is just so lovely! I always enjoy what you show us.

Here's wishing you and your dear family a very Merry Christmas, blessed with joy and love!

XO,

Sheila :-)

SmilingSally said...

Early or late, when you decorate, it's magnificent!

Merry, merry Christmas, Christine!

Tara said...

Oh Christine, it's magnificent! I bet the glow at nighttime is so beautiful to see. You have so many ornaments too! I love your Fairy too. Happy Christmas, I hope your day is full of joy and blessings!

Melissa Miller said...

A very beautiful tree and Holiday decor' Christine! Your home is so gorgeous. ~Wow!

Merry Christmas & Many Blessings!
~Melissa :)

PAT said...

It's beautiful Christine!

Merry Christmas!!

kanishk said...

enjoyed seeing your Lladro bells since I have several of the nativity bells.
Work from home India

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday