Friday, December 18, 2009

Th "Beast", the "Wow"...Just Some of Its Few Nicknames

Back to reality! That's right, we just got home from the most amazing and enjoyable cruise. We have taken so many cruises in the past but the Oasis of the Seas tops them all. We did not want to leave. AJ was crying as we got off the gigantic ship. This is the first cruise where I did not bother signing for internet while cruising. There was just so much to do and see that I did not have time even to check my emails.
Below is the view from our balcony looking to the left. The picture below on the right shows the aqua theater. We could watch the divers rehearse and perform right from our cabin balcony. Do you see the 2 very tall white platforms on each side of the blue Royal Caribbean logo? The divers jumped all the way from there. It was spectacular! The aqua theater was convertible into a stage and very deep water.

Let me share the pink Cupcake Cupboard for Pink Saturday. I thought it was just the cutest shop, like in a doll house. Beverly of http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ also wants us share some Christmas memories with you. I shared my childhood memories when I was small while still living in the Philippines last week. Today, I would like to share what we used to do as a grown up when I lived in Ill.

We used to live in Waukegan, IL and actively belonged to the Fil-Am Association. Weeks before Christmas, we would take everyone in an RV that we used to own, and we would go to different houses to go caroling. I would be playing the guitar and singing with the group and we had so much fun, in spite of the snow and extremely cold weather outside. Of course, we were let in and sang indoors. After we sang, we were given donations for the association and in addition to that, quite a food spread was served for us. After 5 or 6 houses per evening, you can just imagine how our tummies would be bursting from fullness. It was truly a lot of fun and the spirit of Christmas was really felt all throughout the holidays.

For more Christmas memories and wonderful pink and red photos, go visit Beverly and her other participants.

Now, let's go back to the Oasis, which I might say, is a true oasis. There is so much to share that I will post the trip probably on at least 3 different Sightseeing Saturdays. Below are pictures of the cupcake shop, which is located in the Promenade on deck 5. On the left right of the mosaic below, you will see AJ enjoying the ride of the rising bar. Yep, the bar rose all the way from the 5th to the 8th deck, up and down......up and down. It was awesome! You can see the Cupcake Cupboard in the background.

Here is the "Beast" as our bus shuttle driver called it. It is gigantic, 17 floors all in all and very long and deep that we could hardly feel it move while sailing. It is amazing, stunning, extravagant, incredible, beautiful using state of the art electronic advance technologies all throughout. And I swear they took their best personnel and stuck them all in this maiden voyage. The ship smelled so good too since it is brand new. It was very hard to take a whole picture but luckily, while in St, Maarten, it was situated in an angle that it made it possible for me to take a few shots. Isn't she just gorgeous? Just look at the size compared to the 3 other cruise ships, which mind you, are not that small either. The port of calls had to build new ports to be able to accomodate it.
Below is our cabin that John and I shared with AJ. My sister and her hubby also cruised with us and you can see Fe here in our balcony checking out the view. Their cabin was an indoor one but they had a picture window overlooking the Promenade so it was pretty cool checking out the activites going on out there from the cabin. She also celebrated her birthday while we were sailing and you wouldn't believe the best birthday present she could ever receive. Being a Diamond member (meaning they have sailed at least 10 times on Royal Caribbean), she and her hubby were given a complimentary Bingo card each. And would you believe that the husband's card won a cruise for 2 on the maiden Voyage for Allure of the Seas, which is just like the Oasis, and is scheduled to set sail for the first time on Dec. 12, 2010? Lucky, lucky! And to think that he did not even want to go and play, she had to force him, lol.

This is AJ's bed.
Below is the view of the Boardwalk from our balcony looking down and to the right. We were on the 10th floor and the Boardwalk is on 6th. You will see the carousel on the right side which greets you as you enter. There is a Seafood restaurant on the right and Johnny Rockets on the left and many different stores. Every morning, still in my pj's, I would look down from the balcony and it would seem like I was living in a circus. LOL!
At the end of the building, are 2 rock climbing walls on each side. AJ really enjoyed the climb and made it all the way to the top. Do you see her ringing the bell at the very top?
Here you will see the attendant helping her with her gear and the right photo shows her coming down. AJ spotted this Water Park on Deck 14 right away while we were eating lunch in Windjammer Marketplace. Of course, John and she could not wait to put on their swimsuits to swim right after lunch.
Hopefully, this panorama will give you an idea of how the Boardwalk is set up.
Do you see the Peacock seat on the carousel? I had to wait until it was available for John and I to sit on it and ride. They must have made it just for me, lol.
More pictures while exploring the Boardwalk.
Johnny Rockets crew performing to rock and roll music.
AJ built 2 bears and named them "Rocky" for her making it all the way up on the rock wall and "Romina", after the sales girl who helped her build her.

I hope you enjoyed the first tour of the Oasis of the Seas. I cannot wait to show you more next week. I am saving the best for last so stay tuned. Next week, I will show you photos of Central Park and maybe some shows. OMG! I could not believe how lucky I was to see the Nelson Brothers perform. You probably don't know them but I am Ricky Nelson's #1 fan and the Nelsons are his twin sons who did a tribute to him, so they sang mostly Ricky's songs. I told my kids that if we went on the stinkiest ship and the Nelsons were there, it would have been still worth it for me, LOL! I will tell you more next week.

Thanks for coming by. I can't say I missed you a lot cause I was having so much fun but I did miss you somewhat, LOL!

28 comments:

eileeninmd said...

WOW, the Oasis looks like a city! There is so much to do on the ship you do not have to get off. I know you had a fabulous time. Great photos.

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, Christine you and John look so wonderful all dressed up! AJ looks like she had the time of her life! I can see why she cried. I'd cried with her. This would be so much fun. I loved seeing this trip out to sea!

Sue said...

It is truly amazing...I can only imagine what it must have been like in person. How fun for you all!

Sue

Kerri Deitsch said...

Spectacular pictures! How deep did the aqua theater pool get? I can't believe how high the platforms are! Wow! What an amazing ship!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Honestly Christine, you are about the most amazing traveler and go to the most amazing places~ Your pics are wonderful and that ship is unreal! Can't wait for the rest! Hugs and Merry Christmas to an awesome lady~ Cindy

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Definitely agree with calling this ship the "WOW"! As always.... Wonderful photos and wonderful narrations.

How awesome of a birthday gift for your sister...courtesy of her hubby's bingo card! (And I love that he was the "reluctant" player too! haha) That is fantastic!

And great job, A.J.! That was soooo high!

Wow! I can not imagine that there is more to post that is even "better" than this about your cruise :o) Haha the Nelson performance sounds like the cherry on top to an amazing trip. :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(I am supposed to be completing drawing orders...but I just had to stop by for a few! Miss you, dear friend! but I will be back)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, this looks like an absolute blast!~ I know you must have had a wonderful time. So glad you got to go on this great trip!

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mary said...

Omigosh, you must have had such FUN!!! Loved seeing all your pictures, as I've never been on a cruise. Thanks so much for sharing, Christine! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Are you sure you don't want to adopt me as a sister or something. hee hee

I have had so many Google problems-and it isn't over-Google has no idea how to solve the problem.
Sorry I haven't been by much-I decided after weeks and weeks of non-stop Google issues, I am throwing my hands up and making much needed visits.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can come by for a visit. I will continue posting, even if it doesn't show up in the Reader.
Cheri

Helen said...

Hi there! I thoroughly enjoyed each and every photo of this wonderful family vacation .....

Regina said...

Went cruising too last November. This is an awesome ship! Thanks for sharing.
Happy PS. Enjoy the holiday season.
Marry Christmas.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Christine!
That ship is beatuiful and amazing...I loved seeing all of your pictures aboard! It looks so relaxing! The pictures of you and hubby are so good too, you two make such a beautiful couple...that one of you and him at the table with him in the off white jacket and you in black dress is especially pretty. You should frame those. So glad you all had a great time. Let me tell you honey...if I'd been on that ship....I would not have even been thinking about a computer either! Surely don't blame you for not getting the internet while aboard LOL!
Hope you and your sweet family have a Very Merry Christmas ...by the way that tablescape is gorgeous done up in pinks and greens...I loved seeing that...it's magazine worthy for sure! I think all of your tablescapes could make a for a great tablecape decorating book. Yep, I think you should put out a book! Your travel pictures would make for a great book too! I'm serious!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my! I cannot imagine ~ looks so wonderful and inviting and BIG. Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Oh what a fun, fun trip! Glad you had a wonderful time, you world traveler, you!! Loved seeing all your pics. That ship is humongous! I would have gotten lost. LOL
Have a wonderful holiday, Christine.
hugs, Sue

Nicole ~ said...

Christine, the ship looks absolutely amazing!! I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. It really looked like so much fun.

Thank you so much for welcoming me back. I think I will blame the south Texas heat for my absence. It just seems like there was always something going on to prevent me from blogging.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Can you believe Christmas is next week?? Time passes by so fast!!!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Oh my gosh Christine.. what a great holiday you got in that big cruise! love the photos.. all so merry!.. thansk for sharing.. Happy Pink Saturday & Merry Christmas

Char said...

It looks like everyone is having the time of their lives. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Anonymous said...

Always fun traveling with you Christine!!

blessings
mary

SmilingSally said...

What a beautiful ship, Christine! And you won another maiden cruise! WOW!

We're in our home, and we've been blessed with an abundant supply of good helpers, but we've still much to do.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe that is all on a ship. OMG

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I am just drooling over these photos and hearing all about your cruise. I have been on 3 cruises so far and would like to go on a cruise to Spain, France and Italy next year. I'm looking forward to your future posts about your cruise.

Blondie's Journal said...

Christine,

I just don't know what to say about this ship other than WOW!! I had to show Alan your post. Although it must be done electronically now, I would be afraid to dock this beast or be ON the dock!!

Everything looks so much fun and I don't blame you for not getting the internet! lol!! AJ looks like she had the time of her life...rock climbing, swimming, playing on the raising bar (awesome)!!
I really envy you on this cruise even though they scare me to high heaven!! And I want to say that you look absolutely stunning in your black dress in one of the photos!

xoxo
Janie

a quiet life said...

omg i have been just drinking in your cruise! i wanted to take this too, were you on the maiden voyage even? i was thinking this spring, but we booked europe instead... i can't wait to get on this ship though, it all looks fabulous!

merry christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about this, I would love to read more..

seo company

. said...

Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. Thumbs up!
car transportation services | commercial movers packers | house hold movers packers | local packers and movers Mumbai | local packers and movers pune | movers and packers Mumbai | movers and packers pune | office relocation service | office shifting | packers and movers Mumbai | packers and movers pune | relocation services

Anang said...

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.. I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts.

top MBA colleges in India said...

Good website

Unknown said...

A great post, it’s true that if you are not packing your own items that it might not be done in a very careful manner. One way to you can stop this is by using self storage when moving, by doing this you are able to pack your own boxes but they are taken away and looked after by the company. packers and movers bangalore

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday