Friday, December 25, 2009

A Quiet X'mas Eve Dinner

I have been sick so I did not have the energy to cook but look what we ended up having for dinner. Foodie Friday is brought to you by Michael. If you really want to see delicious foods and beautiful presentations, head on over to her blog at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/have
My friend told me not to cook and she would bring us over some dinner so I set the table, very simple, just for 2.
I took out my Johnson Brothers Friendly Village plates and just used my everyday flatware.
I went outside to cut up some hollies and placed them in a vase.

I couldn't believe how much Nit brought us, 4 different kinds of Thai dishes and rice, freshly cooked from her kitchen. Isn't she just the sweetest? Maybe I should get sick more often, lol.

As you can see from the background, I am getting ready for a dinner buffet party for Jan. 2nd, rescheduled from 12-23 because of the bug I caught from California.
I even lit a fire in the fireplace. DH and I had a very nice quiet evening. We went to church after dinner and then opened presents when we got back home and then watched "Lost" until we fell asleep on our recliners.
I hope you are still enjoying your Christmas get togethers with family ad friends. Have a Blessed one!
I am feeling so much better, must have been the Thai food which I do not know how to prepare.
Thanks Gollum, for hosting FF!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Christine! I'm so sorry you've been so sick! Poor thing! Hope you'll continue to feel much better. What a sweet friend to bring you over the lovely food. Even in your sick state, you've sat a beautiful table. Love the holly in the jar! Take care of yourself, Dear One!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julio Muao said...

Happy Holidays Christine!

Just stopping by all my favorite blogs to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

xoxo
Julio & Family

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Merry Christmas Christine! So sorry to here you've been sick! Especially from a vacation and then at the holidays! Your tablescape is still wonderful!! Better than I can put together when I'm all fine and dandy!! You take care and make a full recovery!! God Bless! Lauralu

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Sorry to hear that you were feeling sick, but so happy to hear that you are feeling better! And what a wonderful friend to bring such amazing food over.

Blessings & aloha!

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Suesue said...

Wow Christine ~ that's some friend you have there!!! How thoughtful of her to do that for you. I hope you're feeling better.

Sounds just like me and my DH ... falling asleep in our respective recliners watching TV. lol

Take good care.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope your feeling better. What a sweet friend.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Christine, I'm so sorry you've been feeling under the weather and hope you are on the mend. There is something comforting about Johnson Bros china--more so when a best friend brings your food. Everything looks delicious! Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2010!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday