Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Panorama

Our host for Outdoor Wednesday is Susan. Check out her outdoor pictures at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/. You will also get to her participants' sites from there.
I was not planning to participate today because I am extremely busy. I am getting my mom ready and packed to go to St. Louis in 2 days, for my other sister's turn to watch her since I am going on a trip, so I am packing for myself too, not to mention getting all my Christmas decoration, shopping and wrapping done. On top of that, my mom got sick yesterday and you know when a 91 year mom gets sick, it makes us nervous. But amazingly, she woke up this morning normal. Prayers are so powerful, I tell ya!
But my new camera came and I got so excited that I just have to share some pictures with you. I bought, or actually depleted my Sony Visa rewards, to get a Sony DSC-TX1 digital camera which has a sweep panorama mode. I want to have it for my trip since we are cruising on the biggest ship of the world and I would like to capture its size and features as much as possible, on camera.
So to test it, I went out to take these pictures.



I think they are pretty cool, don't you? Thank you Susan, for allowing me to share these photos on Outdoor Wednesday and thank you all for coming for a visit.

16 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow Christing, the pictures turned out gorgeous. I love how they really do cover a huge panoramic view. Of course you know that I think your yard is gorgeous. Hope to see you at the "Holiday Cloche Party" Friday. I know you're busy so if you can. Have a wonderful trip. Hugs, Marty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wonderful shots! Girl, you had me tired right at the start. Packing for you Mom and also packing for yourself. So when are you home?
Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Wow...amazing shots! Talk about wide angle! So glad your Mom is ok! Have a fabulous time on your cruise, Christine!
Susan

Nancy said...

Very cool! Actually, I picked up my box today. Remember we have a post office box, and today was the first day I had the car in over a week. (We have another, a southern T-Bird that doesn't work here in winter so don't feel sorry for me :-)

Anyway, I love love love everything. I took pictures and am going to post on Pink Saturday, I think. I want to make sure more people visit. Will also have to go back and see what to do next.

Thank you so much. So sweet. So fun.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That's really neat, Christine! Love this panorama shot.

I sure hope your dear mother is better.

Happy Outdoor Wed!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

The photos are great, I think you're really going to enjoy that camera...looking forward to those cruise shots...Bon Voyage

vignette design said...

Hi Christine,
Great shots from your new camera. Thanks for sharing. Glad your mom is better and hope you enjoy your trip. Thanks for all your kind comments too. Bon Voyage, Delores

Unknown said...

fabulous shots! your pool is inviting! :p good to hear your mom is doing great, and wishing you all the best in your cruise.

Kat said...

These panoramic shots are great Christine! Your pool is just gorgeous. Glad to hear that your mom is feeling better, and I hope that you have a wonderful trip. I love traveling vicariously through you! Kathy

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful.....nothing like a warm spot with a wonderful pool to call your own!


My O W is now posted. Today a slide show of us attending the famous Texas King Ranchhand Breakfast. Come see a bit of 'history' if you can.

It's Here

Sue said...

Wow-I could vacation at your house! What a great pool. The camera will be wonderful for the cruise. You are going on the new "big one"? I can't wait to see the pictures...have fun!

Sue

susan said...

Glad your mom is better. Have a great cruise. The camera is wonderful!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful photos. That is a powerful camera. I hope your Mother has a safe journey. Have a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Your camera takes amazing photos......I can't wait to see the pics you come back with, from your trip.
I hope your mama continues to feel good. She is such a doll, such a sweet picture of her... drawing the name, for the giveaway down a few posts below. She sure don't look 91! Beautiful lady. Your Holiday Mosaics are so pretty too.
Have a fun trip and a happy holiday season!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

eileeninmd said...

Looks like your new camera takes great photos. I love your yard. I hope your Mom is ok too. I know you will enjoy your cruise is it on the Oasis? You will have to tell me all about it when you get back.

Tara said...

A new toy, what fun! I hope your Mom stays in good health and good luck with your trip! The pictures look very pretty!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday