Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Boys!

I am linking with Outdoor Wed at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/
and Watery Wed. at http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com

My youngest daughter Tina and her 2 boys visited us for 9 days. I took them back to the airport and then came back to an empty house yesterday. I felt so sad missing them all, that I just cried and sat on my recliner and watched 2 movies. I did not want to do anything else. When John came home, he asked why I did not go swimming and I told him it was too depressing to swim without Brendan and he knew exactly what I meant.

We had such a fun week, considering that when we went to pick them up at the airport, it was hailing so hard that we had to stop twice because we could not see the road.




The last time I saw them was when the little baby was born last February. I met them at the airport and the big brother wouldn't come to me. He wanted to go back to the airplane. Of course that changed pretty quickly.


Tina, being a professional photographer who mostly does weddings, immediately started taking pictures in the secret garden. She said I did a very good job on it.

John turned on the wet deck and Brendan had so much fun trying to catch the water. He could not even close his mouth from extreme excitement. He kept saying, "This is so cool, lala!"


And finally, someone is brave enough to go on the slide.




B made fun of the fountains. He said he is peeing, lol.



They just rested on the sun ledge whenever they got tired.



The boys were always happy. It was such a joy to be seeing them smile all the time. I really miss them. I miss big brother waking me up every morning to tell me, "Wake up, lala, it's swimming time!" When I asked him what time it is, he says it is already thirty o'clock, lol.
We just laid the baby on the porch whenever he napped.

B picked the ripe tomatoes and posed by the grapes.


The boys enjoyed wagon rides around the pool.




We ate chicken at the Old Country Store (one of Tina's requests, lol) The owner sang to Brendan and he really enjoyed that.
We also ate 2x at Mammy's cupboard but I forgot to ask Tina to email some pictures. I took them from her camera. Tina loves their blueberry lemonade. She has been here twice before and everytime we would go there, it was close, so she made sure she made up for those lost times.

Then, I took them to see the Windsor Ruins. I knew Tina would want to take pictures cause I remember how much she enjoyed taking pictures of the columns of St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican.



The happy brothers below!
John said B is so unusually polite and he really is. The last words he left me when I said goodbye to them at the airport was "Thanks for the ride, lala!", just like a grown up man! LOL!

And the baby's starting to take after B's personality. He is always smiling too!...and so talkative! I just wish I understood what he was saying, lol!








Excuse my pj's, lol! The boys took over our recliners when they were indoors. They were really comfortable there.

We went to Louisiana Mall in Baton Rouge on a Sunday and while Tina and I were shopping at Gap, John took Brendan. When we went out of the store, we found them at Brookstone with B dancing to a loud music with the employees. Several shoppers stopped to watch and took pictures and videos. He did not stop dancing until we insisted it was time to go.
I took a video. Watch it if you have a chance. It is so funny!








































42 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine! Yes those were some great watery photos... But that video was hilarious! I had to watch it again! Too cute! Thats awesome you put it on You Tube... It could go virus!
Awesome!

~Rainey~

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! Such beautiful boys!!! Christine, you have such a lovely family! It is wonderful that you were able to spend some time with your gorgeous daughter and sweet grandsons! Even though we don't have grandbabies yet, I know the feeling of when we have family visit and then leave...the house seems so empty for a long while...before getting back into a routine! I would rather be the one visiting then be the one "left in the empty house".

Blessings & aloha!
wonderful photos! and hope you get back to your regular routine soon...

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

oooh...meant to say... love your little dancing machine! too cute! and not shy...at all! haha

Blessings & Aloha!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love all of these pics Christine!
What fun you had and what adorable grandsons and lovely daughter too.
I want to go on your slide!
That looks like a blast!
Sorry your sad, I know just how you feel!
Hugs, Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you had such a great time with Tina and the grandchildren. Both boys are SO handsome. I love all of the pool pics. I can't believe how much Tina looks like you...she is a beauty, too.

The video made me laugh and laugh. B is a happy child. I could hear you talking and laughing on the video and it made me a little sad that our visit was so short and we probably won't see each other for a long time. And I KNOW that laugh!! ;-D

xoxo
Janie

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Christine, I know exactly how you feel when they leave! Ours live out town too and it's heartbreaking! I love all of the photographs of your beautiful family! The boys are darling, they have the most beautiful smiles! Thanks for sharing, that video was way too cute! (don't know how to do that yet!

Thanks again for sharing such a wonderful family time!

Nancy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your visit with your daughter and grandsons - looks and sounds like you had a great 9 days with them. I would love to have the energy your Grandson has.:D

Allison Shops said...

What a beautiful family you have. Those boys and their smiles are just adorable! Looks like everyone had a wonderful visit.

Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday (post #3). If you haven't registered for our glass vessel sink giveaway, it's open until 5pm EST Wednesday.

Allison
Atticmag

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hi Christine,

Your grandsons are just too cute. Look how big the baby is now, wow! I love those fountains you have coming up out of the concrete. Looks like they had a wonderful time. I sure have missed your visits at my blog.

Lynn said...

Looks like a great visit, so much fun!

Tina Overbaugh Photography said...

We miss you, too, Mama! N has been fussy all day, I think he misses all the attention you gave him last week!

Btw, I could do without the picture of B and I on the ledge. It's gross! lol

Love you!
Tina

Jim said...

Fun times.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Christine your grandsons are such beautiful children! It looks like they had a wonderful time visiting you. The video was so cute ..B can dance so well!

I know how you feel when they leave. My 18 month old grandson lives across the country from me and I always feel sad when we are apart.

Joyce said...

The video made me laugh. He was not even getting tired and he made more moves in 3 minutes then I could make in an hour. Both boys are adorable. I am so happy they came for a visit and glad everyone had fun in the pool. I bet you are so happy you put in that pool.
Joyce

Chubskulit Rose said...

This is a real treat Christine, your litle dancer can really entertain. I was all smiles while watching it plus I can hear your laugh lol..

Rain for Watery Wednesday

Sue said...

The boys are just darling...what wonderful pictures. I think it is amazing that you cried after they left...I usually fall into bed exhausted after my 2 little grandsons are here for a couple of nights. Mine are wild...I can barely keep up. Plus, I don't have a pool. I knew yours was pretty, but those added water features are really something. Wow!

Unknown said...

no wonder you're missing the boys and your daughter. i enjoyed looking at the photos--what a wonderful time.

Dredd said...

Hello Christine! I almost feel the captured happiness in your photos... your grandchildren are simply adorable as well as their momma and of course their granny too. Your home is a vacation haven, am almost sure you made lotsssa yummylicious foods.

thanks for sharing and have a cheerful day (^_^)

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, your grandsons are gorgeous! I can see why you were depressed. Everybody just gets used to each other then it's time to go home! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful visit.

The video is adorable!

Hootin Anni said...

I so enjoyed all your photos....what a fun, fun time you all had, I'm sure.

And ya, I've been in storms like that too where I had to pull off the road because the visibility was down to nil.

My Wednesday issue today...FOUNTAINS & all that Ja-a-a-z-z-z Come on over, my door is always open!

Nancy said...

Just beautiful, Christine! I SO know that feeling when everyone leaves. You have gorgeous memories posted here.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Christine! Your grandsons are so precious! Isn't it fun when they start to smile and laugh? We are performing all sorts of antics to get a laugh from my grandson! lol How sweet they are! Hope yu are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

fini said...

Fun and laughter overload!! I can feel it just by looking at the photos!! Great family!!
Enjoy your week!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh what fun! Your family is precious girl! Have a blessed day.Cindy
P.S. I am having a sweet giveaway on my blog girl!

Traci said...

Those little ones are just too cute!!!!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a beautiful family you have Christine! It looks and sounds like you had a great time with them. Love your pool area! Your grandson is so exuberant! Love all the smiles! Thanks for sharing your visit with your daughter and grandsons.

~ Tracy

Unknown said...

Soooo Adorable! Beautiful family, those grandkids are so cute.

Cindy J. said...

When I was just a mom I used to say that God really knew what he was doing when he made babies...now I know he is absolutely brilliant cause he made grandchildren!!!! LOL!! Oh Christine, I am so happy you had such a wonderful visit with your dear, dear family...and I am so sorry you all aren't nearer.. Love you, Cindy

Kimberly said...

Everyone looks like they are having such a great time. It made we want to squeeze into my suit and enjoy the fun.

Have a great day! Warm wishes!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, I got so tickled at that video! What a scream! He is SO cute. The baby is, too, and I loved seeing all the pics.

And I'm sorry you've been missing your family so much. I'm sending you GREAT big hugs.

Love to you, sweetie pie...

XO,

Sheila

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

he is so cute and adorable...i enjoyed watching the video...im sure they missed you too so much.....

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I feel so lucky to live right beside my little one... I know you will miss them, but they will be back before you know it... feel better.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What beautiful baby boys. You have a wonderful family and I can tell you enjoy every minute of their company.
I hope you don't miss them too much and are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Sue said...

What a precious family you have here, Christine! I'm sure they enjoyed the visit with you as much as you enjoyed having them. Everyone looks so very happy together.
hugs, Sue

Together We Save said...

Your dishes are so pretty... I have never seen plates like those... I love them.

And I just have to say... I am so jealous oftour pool. It is so beautiful.

Kathleen said...

What a great set of plates..so different! I should have told Jane to swipe them! :)
Great video..the boys are so adorable! Quite the dancer!

Ann said...

Lovely happy series of photos. What can I say about that little boy on the video, he was brilliant, just wish I had his energy.

susan said...

Christine-What precious babies--I could just reach out and hug one! I think something is wrong with you new post--it goes to a private blog. You may have accidentally posted to your test blog--thought you'd want to know!

Anonymous said...

Christine,
Great photos of you and the boys....Love it! And the videos is so cute and hilarious! :) Kathy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, they are absolutely adorable! Brookstone needs to hire Brendan. He can draw a crowd! laurie

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful family photos, your grandchildren are just adorable. Your yard and gardens are beautiful too, thanks for sharing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The boys are precious. You are so blessed. I can't believe you have a wet deck that is so cool. Who wouldn't want to stay with you!
Your home is a vacation all by itself :) The video is so darn cute.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday