Saturday, June 26, 2010

St. Mary's Basilica

It's Pink and Sightseeing Saturday time and I won't take you too far away because I still have to pack. I am posting this in advance. Go over at Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ and look at all the pretty pinks that she and her participants posted. This is St. Mary's Basilica in Natchez. I did not know it was blue hour when I took this picture. I was surprised to see how blue the sky was. Isn't it gorgeous?
The construction of the church started in 1841.
It is located downtown where the streets are lined with pink and white crape myrtles.



Behind it is a park with this cannon.


Behind the cannon is a beautiful fountain.

Another pink contribution is Zoe's pink outfit.






To the right of the cannon is this tall monument erected in memory of the Confederate dead soldiers from Natchez and Adams County.







To the right of the church is a marble Armed forces memorial.


Well, I better go packing so that's it for now. Thank you so much for coming by. I'll catch up reading your blogs when I get back.
Thanks to Beverly for hosting this meme.

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, I enjoyed seeing these shots of Natchez and those darling kids. I hope you are somewhere having a wonderful time. In the mean time, I wish you a very Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

PAT said...

I am determined to visit Natchez one of these days.

Gorgeous photography and kiddo's!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wow that is fabulous. The trees are gorgeous but I think Zoe and her pink dress are the cutest!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Christine, the blue in that first photo is amazing. Love all your other photos, too. Such a beautiful place. You just travel and go places all the time. I am still not getting your comments in my email so I keep checking for them in blogger.

KBeau said...

Although we are not Catholic, we attended Mass at that church when we visited Natchez with some Catholic friends. It's beautiful.

Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! OH, what some gorgeous photos you've taken of Natchez! I've been there many years ago! I always love seeing your beautiful family.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Maggie said...

What a wonderful trip!

Happy PS!
Maggie
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Christine. I hope you are having a wonderful time.

What a lovely setting this is. I would love to visit some day.

Regina said...

Hell Christine. Wow such a beautiful place. The kids were having fun and the church is magnificent.
Great captures!
Happy Pink Saturday ( belated).

Regards.

Regina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a great family photo at the Marine monument! Those kids are all adorable. The church needs to use your picture of the blue hour in a publication. it's beautiful. laurie

Blondie's Journal said...

These are beautiful pictures, Christine! The sky does look gorgeous! I love seeing pictures of your grandchildren. Everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves. Thanks for all the interesting info!

xoxo
Janie

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Natchez is so beautiful...full of charm...I really think I could live there for sure :) Thanks for sharing these photos...
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday