Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pool Party, Patriotic Table Series 3

I am glad you came by. I might not be able to respond to your comment right away because right now, I am probably in the Yucatan Peninsula relaxing. But I will catch up when I get home.
I posted this tablescape in advance, my 3rd series in patriotic ones, so I can join in with Susan for Tablescape Thursday. Check out her tablescape too at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ along with her other participants. You will be amazed how creative bloggers can be.

Some of you asked about this water feature on our deck. It's called a Wet Deck. Whenever we take the grandkids to water parks, they always seem to gravitate towards the wet decks, so when we built a pool, we decided to build a wet deck also. I have never seen one in a home setting , in fact, our pool guy has never built one before us. They were faced with a lot of challenge. They had to redo the pipes 3 times before they got it right. We are the only home in our city that has one and the kids really enjoy it. We can set the water in different levels, from low to very high. The water recycles into the pool.

Now, for the patriotic tablescape, series 3. If you saw my post last Sunday, you would have seen a glimpse of this table.

We threw a pool party for our grandkids who were visiting us so I set the table outside. We served barbecued chicken, rice, cole slaw, corn a cob, watermelon, chocolate cake, a coconut dessert and a float.

A wooden "America" word in red, white and blue, a candle holder with stars and bumble bees created the centerpiece. When I was watering the plants that morning, some red begonias fell off the plants and I picked them up and placed them in little Polish pottery vases and added them to the centerpiece.
















My sister gave me this set of patriotic plastic plates, bowls and servers last year and I mixed them up with my Polish pottery servers. Plain red paper napkins and some in blue with white stars and red stripes are placed in an iron Southern Living at Home napkin holder. It has a bar that keeps them from flying when it is windy.

Corn on a cob looks appetizing in a Polish pottery soup tureen with patriotic design.












Thanks Susan, for hosting one of my favorite memes and thank you all for coming. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

16 comments:

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

It all looks amazing and so all-American! Everything is set so pretty in all of its red, white and blue glory, and the food looks amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks fantastic Christine! I love that watermelon. My kids love watermelon. It looks so cool by your pool and inviting.
Sherry

Sonny G said...

I wanna party at your house Christine.. This is terrific.. I love every item and the entire display..

Sonny

Lynn said...

You have such a nice home Christine! Everything looks great I know you all had a wonderful time-enjoy!

Maria said...

What an appealing presentation! Everything looks beautiful and delicious!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a beautiful table you've set up! It looks so pretty and then the pool in the back is so inviting!

Donna

a quiet life said...

you obviously are the fun house in the neighborhood!

it all looks great, and i love your bee!

Tricia said...

Christine, you have done it again! What a wonderful tablesetting for a pool party! All your red, white, and blue elements are arranged to perfection. Your grandchildren are lucky! And that wet deck is amazing!

Barbara said...

It has been so much fun to see all of your patriotic tablescapes. They all look so different. The Polish pottery looks great with your other things. That wet deck must be so much fun for everyone.

Bill said...

Wonderful, as always, Christine! I hope you're having a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. I must say your home appears to be a place most of us would never want to leave!

I love that you actually use your festive tablescapes for family meals! Your grandchildren are lucky -- you serve them meals kids (of all ages!) would love, plus that wonderful water feature! Paradise!

Marigene said...

Christine, you do have lots of red, white and blue...love your table. I really like that covered pot you have the corn in and the bowl the watermelon is in. Hope you are having a great time in Mexico!

Requi Tablescaping Escapades said...

You created a festive tablescape with all of the red, white and blue. I bet the grandkids love to come visit, play in your pool, and have good eats. I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Requi

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, all! Happy Pink Saturday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fun and festive! Love this, Christine! XOXO

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Your 4th of July Celebration looks so fun and yummy :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Americana Lady said...

Oh Christine, love your tablescape! Good idea for the soup tureen! The ruffled bowl is gorgeous! What a patriot you are! Keep your flag-a-wavin' Joan

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday