Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rochelle's Baby Shower

I think you all know by now that I have 2 pregnant daughters. This is Rochelle with her only daughter AJ, but not for long because perhaps by next month, AJ will have 2 sisters.


This has been my busiest weekend. I flew to FL for Thanksgiving dinner and weekend baby showers. Three parties in three days and I am co host on all of them.


Anyway, my other pregnant daughter Tina and I, gave Rochelle a baby shower last Saturday. They had this picture taken just before they left for the park where the party was going to be. Of course, unbeknownst to Tina, Rochelle and I were also planning to give her a baby shower the following day but I will post about that on another day.


The weather was perfect, around 76 degrees and sunny.



Tina created most of the decorations. When they came over and visited us last summer in MS, I gave her my Cricut machine which I hardly used, but she is using it lot.









She made different flowers, butterflies and bees which we used as centerpieces.




I tried to cut slits on the green paper to mimic grass but I ran out of time before the guests started arriving so I just cut where the flowers were.



We had the perfect shelter in the park with a lake view.
We had around 50 guests including husbands and children.



We served classic picnic food such as hamburgers, hotdogs and all the trimmings, broccoli salad that was so tasty, compliments of Tina's mother in law, potato salad, beans, pasta salad, fruit salad and various chips.


I was trying to talk to everybody so sorry, I was unable to take a picture before we started digging into the food.


We had the cake made at Publix
(Oh how I miss that bakery since we do not have it in Natchez). Tina had them replicate the invitation that she created.


We played games and I sucked at them, lol!


We had games for the guys too, a stroller race. They had to stroll a baby doll and when they got to the end, change her diaper and then bring her back to where they started from. It was hilarious!



Of course, I had to take a picture with my girls cause this is the only time my tummy will be smaller than both of theirs, lol.


The proud parents to be


The guests!



Opening of presents. Aren't those 2-piece bikinis so cute?


The party favors:!

Tina baked the flower cookies. Aren't they cute? I found the twin girl tags from Ebay and bought them.



My cute preggy girls comparing bumps, lol! Tina is due in less than a month and Rochelle in another month but because she is having twins, her OB-Gyn said he might deliver her between 34 and 36 weeks, which will be almost at the same time Tina is due, and so the race begins. I am supposed to fly to Tina's on Dec. 18th but I might have to change my plans depending on the situation. They live 2 and half hours apart.



They received so many baby girl clothes. Isn't it so much fun to shop for baby girls? Everything you see in stores are so cute. The closet is full and we weren't even done putting the them away

cause we ran out of hangers. They are already shoe-a-holics like mommy and lola, lol.

Their cribs are ready for them although Rochelle plans to keep them both in one until they grow bigger, so they can continue to bond.



The baby nursery is ready and just waiting for their arrival. Please help us pray for their safe arrival.



Thank you so much for stopping by.


I am linking with Bunny for Bunny Hop at http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/

Susan for Outdoor Wednesday at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

Susan for Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Beverly for Pink Saturday at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Thank you all for hosting!

41 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, Christine, you are going to LOVE all those babies, especially those twin babies... Everywhere you go with them, they will be treated SO special. When my daughter-in-law and I used to go to the mall, EVERYBODY talked to us. Some people even followed us around making over those twins. Sometimes it got a little annoying but for the most part we loved it. Will it be three girls or two girls and a boy?

Blondie's Journal said...

How fun this was, Christine! The park and view of the lake is beautiful and the weather was perfect for all of you! Yay!

I love seeing pictures of your daughters...they look so cute comparing bumps! I know this is an exciting and busy time for you and especially with Christmas around the corner! I would be exhausted!!

Thanks for sharing your family photos!

XO,
Janie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness me! You're the proudest mama-grandma ever! Your daughters look so lovely expecting and Rochelle's park baby shower looks awesome with lots details, fun and yumminess! How special that she's going to have two little girls more for AJ too... and let me tell you, she is looking gorgeous and very much like grandma, as she resembles more you, than any of your own daughters. You're so blessed dear Chris, having three grands more at the same time!!
I will pray for her and both. Do let us know when she's ready. Lots of hugs to all of you. FABBY

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like a fun time - great company, food and gifts! How exciting - 3 grands on the way !!!

Debbie said...

They both look absolutely beautiful!! You must be so excited. The shower looked wonderful, and I love her twin beds, too.

And... waaa... I want a cricut!

G Inspires said...

The mural on the wall is awesome! Congratulations on your upcoming grandbabies....such a precious time to celebrate! Visiting from The Bunny Hop

Marigene said...

What fun it will be having 3 tiny babies to hug and smooch on...you will need another arm, Christine!
Your daughters look so cute pregnant...

Debbiedoos said...

What a beautiful baby shower Christine! The day was perfect at 76 degrees too. I love the tables and all the cute little crafting. Your daughters are so cute, as are you!

bj said...

OOO, Christiney...so so exciting.
The shower looks like it was a huge hit...all that food made me hungry.

Glad the weather was so good...and the girls are both so beautiful.

I remember how excited we all were when my daughter in law was having twins....we all had to remind ourselves to breath...so....
BREATH, Christine. :))
xoxo

Traci said...

What an exciting time for your family! I know you can't wait to meet the new babies. The shower looks like so much fun & the food looks yummy!

Sue said...

Oh my...3 babies all at once! You are going to have so much fun. Your daughters are beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures of their gorgeous little ones. Is AJ excited? She looks more like your daughter's sister than her daughter!

lvroftiques said...

What a perfect spot and day for a party shower! The decorations were adorable! Christine it's a good thing you have that extra battery power *winks*I think you'll be needing it for awhile lol! Rochelle and Tina both look so cute comparing their baby bumps! Vanna

Unknown said...

Wow, your party was a huge success! So many guest and presents. I loved the tables and decor` You always have beautiful tables Christine and the nice weather made it perfect!
Hugs to you and your beautiful girls!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! OH, how precious and you are so blessed to have such beautiful daughters! I love the belly stand off snap! The shower looks like it was so much fun! Twins! This is so special! I pray for safe delivers and healthy babies!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh, Twins! You must be so excited. Love the shower centerpieces. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you!

Dolores said...

What a wonderful shower!!! You must be so excited to have both your girls expecting babies at the same time.
Your family is so beautiful!
My thoughts and prayers are with your family for healthy babies and mama's....grandma too!
Hugs,

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

What an exciting time for your family! Enjoy cuddling those little bundles of joy.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

Beeutiful by Design said...

What a blessing two beautiful daughters expecting beautiful babies at the same time! I know you must be so happy! A wonderful holiday is around the corner for your family!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations Christine! Wow, the bumps were cute as could be! Poor things. I can't imagine twins in or out of the tummy! What a fun party. I love the banner and the cake. Your daughters are just beautiful. How proud you must be!

Robin said...

Thanks so much for sharing this event with all of us. How exciting to be waiting for 3 babies! The shower looked so fun and I love the baby nursery. What a beautiful family you have. Cute shower decor too.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

What fun, Christine, to have both daughters pregnant at the same time! You will be one busy grandmother.

The bucket centerpiece is adorable! And those darling cookies look yummy, too.

Thanks for sharing your daughter's special day with us.

Marlis said...

What a whirlwind but how excting.. I will have granddaughter #3 this coming Monday! Love her use of the cricut.. so clever. Love the cake too.. what fun.. you are soo blessed.. xo marlis

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Christine I really miss you!! Will you be staying til Rochelle gives birth? Lots of hugs,
FABBY

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your photos are beautiful of the Baby Shower. This was a perfect party so sweet. I also love the pictures of your daughters... they look so sweet together.
I hope you have a great week Christine with your sweet family.
xxoo Diane

Alycia Nichols said...

Heavens to Betsy, Christine! You have been and are going to be one of the busiest ladies on earth over the next few months!!! Wow!!! Congratulations to both daughters & their husbands. That is so cool! Your daughter did an excellent job with the decorations, and it looks like the guests had a ball!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. Enjoy your early "Christmas presents"!!!!!!

Chubby Chieque said...

Beautiful Lola, rocks!

Ang cute naman ng girls, mo ATe Xine?
OMG, twins?

I will of course include them in our daily prayers. Safety for everyone.

Happy blessed w/end po?

Hugs,
/Chie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how fun! I know that you're so excited to be adding those new grands into the family. We have twin grandgirls too --- so precious.

Barb said...

Christine, you are such an amazing lady. I can see the love and caring in your face in the picture with your daughters. What a delightful day this must have been. The park is lovely and the weather looked great.

Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Barb ♥

Bunny Jean said...

This is going to be a busy time for all of you. I know how twins can keep you hopping. lol At least the girls don't live TOO far away. I would give anything to live closer to my family.

Everything in the nursery looks great and I am sure there will be more items after the next round of showers!

You and you daughters are so pretty together :)

Thanks for sharing at my party again this week!
xoxo bunny Jean

Lady Linda said...

How fun and what a special time for you and your daughters! What a bundle of love for you all.
Linda

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I will definitely be praying for them and for you, too...I know it's stressful...and amazing, too! Wow...TWO pregnant daughters! You and your daughters are gorgeous! I LOVE those bikinis.....twins!DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!!! What an immense blessing!!!! I always love to read about your family....your joy comes jumping out of the computer! I feel the exact same way about my kids and I can't wait for grandkids!!!
Hey...I don't know if you had a chance to stop by and see this, but I wrote about you/gave you a blog award a couple of posts ago as you are AWESOME!
http://lanaaustinmotif.blogspot.com/2011/11/ooooohhhh.html
Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh my, you are gonna be up to your knees in babies. What a treat!!!

Now, that looked like the perfect shower. What a great day ya'll had and the decorations were marvelous!!

God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend!

Rest up sister, your gonna be busy!!! :o)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Twins are so exciting! What a fun baby shower and look at all the food! I have been to that park, what a great place to have the shower.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Actually you were right near my father's house. He is right there off of US 19. My step-grandfather fished there all the time and his ashes are in the lake.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What fun everyone was having! Lucky you getting three new babies to cuddle and love! I always wanted twins..lol!
Great pictures and your girls are so cute comparing their "bumps."
HPS!
♥ Jil

Chubskulit Rose said...

Precious family gathering, love that tummy to tummy pic hehehe.

Amy said...

Very nice decoration for the shower. :) Cute and artistic. I'm not a crafty person so I admire people like you and your daughter who can turn some ordinary materials into something so beautiful and adorable. I especially love those paper flower pots. :)

Kathleen said...

Congratulations and many prayers!
How exciting to have 3 new babies!!
I'm sure the bumper pads, toys, blankets, etc. in the cribs are only for decoration until the babies come. (These items have been linked to SIDS, as you know. Only the mattress, sheet, and baby go in the crib.)
Best wishes,
Karon

xinex said...

Thanks, Karon.I wanted to thank you on your blog but I don't see any. Anyway, thanks for the prayers and for the reminders. And yes we are aware of the bumpers and comforters ans SIDS. They go after the baby comes....Christine

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

How exciting! :o) You all look wonderful! & her shower looked wonderful too!!! Yay For being able to get to visit for both your daughter's showers :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

That is so neat that both of your daughters were pregnant at the same time Christine! They are beautiful, just like you! Your other grand babies will be here anytime right?! How exciting for you all....the baby showers looked like a blast! You girls really know how to throw a party...looks like such fun :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday