Monday, January 27, 2014

Flow Blue Soup Bowls and Mix of Blue and White China Tablescape

I set 2 tables with blue and white china. I was going to post both but there would be too much of a photo overload so I decided to share the other one next week.
 
Not a single thing is new on this table, just gathered what I already have plus the napkin rings and a crystal hanging thing that I received last Christmas from my dear friend, Noemie.
 
Anyway, allow me to show you the formal dining room setting.
 
I love this room because it can hold a lot of china cabinets in various sizes. There are 2 more on the other side that you cannot see, so all in all, I have 5 cabinets (combination china and buffet cabinets that can hold china)  here plus a tea cart holding more dishes. If you think I am a dishaholic, you are right, lol!
 
The wool rug is hand knotted and it came all the way from Istambul, Turkey. I picked it myself while traveling there, with a little help from sleepy John who was home and I had to call and wake him up, to show pictures on email through the internet while I was shopping. Isn't technology great? The rug arrived home before me.

 I started by moving my Christmas cactus on the table. It is already in a blue and white pot so why not make it into my centerpiece? Besides I don't have any flowers blooming outside except for some pink camellias. This one at least has 2 orange blossoms.
 
 

I love blue and white china, don't you? Looks so classic!



The blue stems are Mikasa and the clear ones are Waterford.
 
 Here is the hanging glitzy thing. I wasn't really sure what it was and I did not want to hang it outside in this lousy weather so I tried hanging it from the chandelier and I like it. And it is blue and white so it matches my dishes. Thanks, Noems, love it!
 
 
 
I bought this pair of Blue Willow oil lamps from an antique shop downtown about a year ago and this is the first time I used them and they work.

 I bought this blue and white egg shaped accessory also from a store downtown that was closing from a year ago, so I got a bargain. I think I bought it for $6, including the wood stand.
 The hen napkin rings also came from my good friend, Noemie last Christmas. I love my friends! They feed my table and dish obsession. Isn't she cute?

The intensity of the light can be adjusted in this oil lamp with this little knob.
 This  rectangular tureen came from Ebay, maybe 3 years ago. The Blue Willow ladle, I have had since I lived in Florida.
 
 I used various dinner plates, 6 from the Spode Blue Room Collection....Woodman, Floral and Girl at Well, 2 of each. 

And for the head chairs, I used blue and white "Churchill" plates. I used 2 different plate chargers also, 6 blue and white ceramic and plain white for the head of the tables.
The quilted table runner came from Williams Sonoma from their clearance table.
 
I placed a flow blue soup bowl on top of each dinner plate. I got them from Ebay, maybe about 4 years ago but they were just stored in my FR china cabinet ever since. I have no info on them but I took pictures of all the markings, which I cannot make anything out of. Please let me know if you have any info and if you know what they mean. The design looks Asian.
 
 
I was just playing with my camera, using a play of colors. Do you see my tiny blue and white salt cellars? I have I think 4 on the table but I forgot to take a close up picture.
 I added  ceramic Asian soup spoons on the soup bowls.
For the tea, I pulled out my Blue Willow Tea set from the dish room in the garage. I asked John to help me take it down cause it was sitting way on the top shelf. I love this pattern and I cannot believe I have never used it since I moved here in Mississippi.
 



 

 
 
Thanks again for stopping by and thanks to the meme hostesses. I appreciate all the time you give us.
Sally's Blue Monday
 Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
FriendsSharing Tea
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Share Your Cup Thursday
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Tablescape Thursday
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Alison's Fridays Unfolded
Flaunt it Friday
 
 
 

39 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Christine~~ Your table is stunning! I've always loved blue and white and to see it on it's own...just beautiful. I also like those oil lamps, so cool!

Your rug is really pretty. It sounds like it was quite an adventure to get it home!! Was this recently?

XO,
Jane

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

Your collections never cease to amaze me. How I love blue and white, and you seem to have it all!

Happy Blue Monday!

Pamela Gordon said...

You have a beautiful collection of blue and white china. It looks gorgeous on the table. Have a good week. Pamela

Anonymous said...

Just so beautiful, Christine!

Beth in NEPA said...

Beautiful Christine. I am envious of all your china cabinets.
I use Blue Willow every day and I like to find other blue and white things to go with it. You have shown me some new things!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love your blue and white china, Christine. It is classic. The patterns are all so lovely together and the Blue Willow tea set; gorgeous! My hubby loved your table too when I showed it to him. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Christine! Spode has that gorgeous shade of blue. The pattern of your Churchill china is Tonquin which is one of my favorites. I would love to stumble upon some of those Mikasa blue stems...have lots they would go with.
Your new rug is beautiful.
Have a wonderful week, Christine.

Crystal Grandeur said...



Wow... love your collection of blue and white china.everything looks so wonderful....Have a great week dear...:):)

Anajá Schmitz said...

Ameia a mesa azul. E os lampiões estão belíssimos.
Tenha um ótimo dia.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, you do always create the most fabulous tablescapes. I love this one. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Terri said...

Hello Christine,
Once again you pulled together all these pieces and created a stunning table scape! You are the best! The blue and white transferware is a treat to see in your gorgeous room!
Everything looks amazing.
Hugs,
Terri

Beth said...

Gorgeous tablescape, Christine! I love the Blue Willow tea set. Your dining room is stunning as is your rug.

Bookie said...

I so enjoyed seeing all your blue and white!!! I think I need a pot of blue now for my cactus as well! Lovely.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Gorgeous! I luv it - well done =)

Denise said...

Very beautiful--thank you for haring

Alycia Nichols said...

ISTANBUL?!??!?! Wow! You really do some traveling, lady! That's a place I can only dream of visiting!!!

I just love the sheer size of your dining room! To be able to have that many china cabinets PLUS the huge table & plenty of walking around space is to die for!!! Our dining room is postage stamp size in comparison. I don't know why they make them so small sometimes. Anyway, it was a trade-off because I loved the rest of the house and the neighborhood so much.

You got a SUPER bargain on that egg! Way to go, Miss Super Bargain Hunter!!! The whole table is beautiful! It's hard to believe you hadn't used the Blue Willow in so long. It's such a beautiful classic!

It's great to have friends who feed your dish habit! Keep 'em comin'!!! :-) Have a great week, Christine!

Veronica Roth said...

Lol, dishaholic! I think I might have the same affliction. Love your blue and white table. Very pretty and fresh for these wintery days. :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Christine: I would love to be a guest at your table. They are all so beautiful. The blue transfer ware is no exception. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Martha's Favorites said...

Christine: I would love to be a guest at your table. They are all so beautiful. The blue transfer ware is no exception. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

KathyB. said...

Blue & white, oh my ! My favorite color combo for all times of the year, for all seasons and holidays. This table setting is extraordinary!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love all the blue and white and especially your hangy glitzy thing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I love every piece of your blue and white and as usual you did everything to perfection. I think it's just wonderful you have so much storage in the dining room. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

All your blue and White pieces are stunning and you've created an amazing table, I just love it!!! Your collection of B and W is exquisite! I'm back from visiting Sofia and her family and I have a Chinese New Years post.
FABBY

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh my goodness, Christine, your table is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen such a huge collection of blue and white all in one place -- stunning!

Curtains in My Tree said...

There is nothing prettier than blue & white china I have thought this since I first seen a set of blue & white china in 1971,years later I was able to purchase the set I fell in love with. It's called Blue calico by staffordshire England, Now Burleigh makes the new set of it

I love your dining room

Chubby Chieque said...

I can't say more than, "Amazing treasures".

Love it!

Hugs,
/CC

Sue said...

just beautiful....those cobalt blue glasses just jump off the table and I love the Tureen you found on E-Bay also love the Butter/cheese container that I saw in one of the pictures....very lovely table...

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful, gorgeous table. So love the blue and white dishes and extra pieces. Each piece has its own beaut.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...I can't say that enough! You have done blue and white to perfection...I love every element.

Bernideen said...

Christine this is spectacular. Those blue glasses really are the topping on the cake! What a glorious table!

Hannah said...

Your dining room and furnishings are so elegant! I also love blue and white china and blue glass, I have some too. I like all your arrangements and the blue and white planter. Gorgeous! It's great you took time to get out your treasures.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very beautiful! Those blue glasses really add to the look. My Christmas Cactus just finished blooming. I like yours in the blue and white container. I should dress mine up a little better! The little napkin ring holders are so cute. You have a great collection of blue and white china. I like all of it! Your room is huge- and that rug you selected is fabulous!

Candy S said...

Your tablescape is stunning. The flow blue is beautiful, you even have the little salt cellars to match, I really like the look of the oil lamps on the table. The rug looks wonderful as does your china cabinets. You have a beautiful dining room Christine.

Lady Linda said...

Hi Chirstine...wow wow wow! Love blue and white. I especially like the oil lamp and the teapot and warmer. How very charming.
Thanks for sharing all of your amazing things.
Linda

The Tablescaper said...

Christine, you had me at Blue and White. Just gorgeous!

- The Tablescaper

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ooooooooh, how pretty!

xo

Sheila

Deborah Montgomery said...

absolutely beautiful! everything. love the rug too. I've heard Istanbul is beautiful.

janice15 said...

well I'm just in awe... It's simply beautiful.. I'm a huge fan of Blue & White and I just loved every single piece.. thank you for sharing.. with love Janice

Ceramic Soup Bowls said...

This is very useful information for online blog review readers. Keep it up such a nice posting like this.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday