Monday, January 20, 2014

Luncheon Using Johann Haviland Brown Rose

I have not seen my friends for a while because we have all been so busy so I thought we should have a get together. After texting each other, we all decided on a luncheon at home.
 

Brenda always tells me how much she likes this china so I decided to use it for this luncheon. The set is a Bavarian china called "Brown Rose" by Johann Haviland.
The plate chargers are "Lace" I bought from JC Penneys about 7 years ago.
I used 2 types of napkin rings but somehow, the picture of the other one turned out blurred. But you can see it in other pictures, just not closer.
Pierced flatware from either Horchow or Neiman Marcus on line.
 
The goblets are Fantasia by Princess House. I have had them since I lived in FL and I just moved where I store them to be more accessible.
I made a lemon chicken ring. Everybody loved it that they all asked for the recipe.
My three lovely guests: from L to R: Noemie, Brenda and Maribel. John was able to come home to join us for lunch too. Luckily his clinic is less than 5 minutes away. The ladies all brought a dish to share. Yum!
 
For dessert, I baked a cake and made fruit salad.
A matching tea/coffee set and dessert plates
For an impromptu lunch, we really had a great time getting together and socializing.
 
Thank you for your visits. I always enjoy them.
 
Linking with the hostesses that I really appreciate also.
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Teacup Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
FriendsSharing Tea
Centerpiece Wed

Tablescape Thursday
Paula's What's It Wed

22 comments:

Brooke said...

What a nice idea! Your table setting is beautiful!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful china for your lovely tea party, Chris. I love it in soft gray flowers. That récipe sounds great, I'd love to have it too! Lovely tea setting as usual with you my friend! Have a lovely week.
FABBY
PS: I just saw a set of J.Havilland at the Antique shop but refrained myself from buying it, I guess I wasn't so crazy about it, lol!

Vel Criste said...

This set is gorgeous and the meal looks equally yum. Luncheon at your house is probably much better than any restaurant Christine! I also love the chargers!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Very Pretty, I am sure your friends appreciate you hosting this gathering!! I love those "lace" chargers!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You are such a good hostess, Christine! I love your china and those lace chargers are gorgeous! Sounds like you all had a fabulous time. As always, your menu sounds delish. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Deborah Montgomery said...

how blessed your friends were to have such a wonderful luncheon! Looks beautiful, and your china is so pretty!

Sarah said...

Christine, your lunch looks delicious and healthy. So much nicer to eat in someone's home. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very sucessful lunch! The table looked amazing.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, the china is gorgeous! You set the prettiest tables. The meal looks delicious as always.
Hugs,
Patti

Barbara F. said...

Such a beautiful table, Haviland china is so special. I wish I could find some pieces. Your lunch looks delicious. xo

Micupoftea said...

Very nice- such a welcoming table :)

Snap said...

Haviland china -- really special. My mother had some and it now lives with my beautiful god-daughter. She isn't afraid to use it -- pancakes on Sunday mornings! :D The chicken ring sounds yummy. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the luncheon -- so nice to get together with friends. the coffee service is lovely. Happy Tea Day!

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful Christine! Hugs, Cindy

Martha's Favorites said...

Haviland china, always amazing. I love how you set your tables. Everytime you do, they look so special. Have a wonderful week. Blessings dear friend. Martha

Terri said...

Oh lovely! Your luncheon must have been wonderful. I am sure good to see all your friends again. This month has been really busy here too.
Hugs,
Terri

Antiques And Teacups said...

So pretty! I love the transferware, and everything compliments it beautifully! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, totally stunning table! I don't know what I like more, the dishes, flatware or stemware.....

Lulu said...

Your table setting is an absolutely perfect match for your dining room. Your friends are very lucky!

Bonnie said...

This is the best kind of luncheon when everyone brings a dish. You were the perfect one to host because your tables are always so perfect.

Candy S said...

Christine, Your fiends must have been delighted to sit down to this lovely luncheon table. I love the the Brown Rose dinnerware, it is a beautiful timeless pattern. The chicken ring looks yummy!

Rosie M. said...

What a lovely gift to give your friends: a beautiful table set with exquisite china and linens, a place to share a delicious meal and fun conversation. How very nice of you! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Kathy said...

You've combined some truly gorgeous pieces of china to great a beautiful tablescape for your luncheon with your friend! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday