Friday, January 24, 2014

I Am Satisfied and Can Relax Now, lol

I did very minor changes in our family room and I am very happy with it and am keeping it this way now. Thank you so much to everyone who gave suggestions. I had ideas but I just wanted to pick your brains and I am so glad I did. Vel, your suggestion of adding the other panel above the TV could have worked too but it was easier to take down the existing one above the painting so that won. I think it looks cleaner and less cluttered now. I also replaced one pillow with a lumbar one. Actually it was on the love seat across. I just swapped the pillows. I like this pillow here because it blends with the pottery color that in the painting and it breaks the monotony of the shape of the other pillows.
 
 
Not a big change, but somehow it makes me breath better. Below is a before picture. I had a carved wooden panel above the oil painting.

 
 Now, here is how the room looks now.
 The vignette on the coffee table
 When spring comes, I will take out the rust colored pillows and replace them with something more springy in color.
 I love the crackle candle holder. My friend, Doris, gifted it to me in past years. Thanks, Doris!
 I think the wall looks more refreshed now.
 Don't you think so?
 Sue of I Need Mom suggested I use the panel on a table and I have just the right place for it, on the ottoman, which really works cause now whatever I put there has a harder surface to lay on. Thanks, Sue!
 And it blends so well with the handcarved wood screen room divider, which incidentally, hides John's treadmill.
 Perfect!

 I took a close up of my faux alli set of 3 trunks, which are holding my Christmas Lenox Winter Greetings dinnerware set.
 
I think I bought them from One Kings Lane at a very reasonable price a year or 2 ago.
I hope you like the minor changes as much as I do. I am always happy after I finish projects satisfyingly. Thanks for stopping by.
 
Thanks to the hostesses!
 
Linking with
 
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Alison's Fridays Unfolded
Flaunt it Friday
Susan's Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathryn's Before and After Wed
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a great eye for decorating and details!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

All of your rooms are gorgeous and this one is stunning. Love those pillows. Hugs, marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Christine...such a cozy space!! Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Christine, it looks nice. I'm ready to make some changes here too. I think January makes us want to freshen up our spaces. '-)

Nancy's Notes said...

Your decor is just wonderful, I Love your attention to detail. Every room is just awesome! Happy I found your great blog.
Nancy

Debbie said...

I usually come here for the beautiful tables, but this time I came for the beautiful room.

My word for the year this year is "balance". I'm trying to learn it in every area of my life, including decorating. In my opinion, you are a master of balance. You always just exactly what to put out and where to put it for a perfectly dressed table (and here, room.) I really love this.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your elegant decorations Christine, just what I like! The both romos are great and I adore the big leather couches! You did, as usual a fab job...love them!
I'm at Sophia's since last Thursday until Monday evening for Cayetana's 7th. birthday, so I have nothing posted new and I even forgot my camera, lol!
FABBY

bj said...

Sometimes, just a tiny change can add a whole new feel to the area.
I love your pretty room.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

It looks great, Christine. Great idea for the panel on the ottoman. Very useful and attractive too. laurie

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So warm and cozy, looks great!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

Kathy said...

Hello Chrstine, this does look wonderful. I know how you feel when you wish to make a change and then feel a sense of yes, that's it! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Traci said...

It looks great!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday