Tuesday, January 7, 2014

McKenzie and April and a Bit of Whimsy

 
I have no vehicle because John is using it. His van is still in the shop, still deciding if they will cover engine, which is clearly still under warranty. I feel like they are trying to find a loophole of why they should not cover it. John is almost ready to call his daughter and son in law who are both lawyers.
 
Anyway, I need to amuse myself and what is my most favorite thing to do? Tablescape!!
 
I decided to use something perky. And is there anything more perky that these Mac Kenzie Childs dishes?
 
I started with April Cornell linens.
 
Yikes! It's freezing outside. See those big chunks of icicles coming down from the pool slide?
But it's nice and cozy in here.
 
I love these fluted MC plates.


 



I also love this MC double teapot. I found it on Ebay.

 
 


I cannot remember where I bought the column handled flatware. Maybe from Horchow.
 The MC place card holders were part of my Christmas presents from DH last Christmas of 2012. The MC egg S & P shakers and the taper candle holders are from Ebay. The pink flower tea light candle holder is from an estate sale. The potted silk flowers were from Dillards in Florida from several years ago, before we even moved to MS.

 

I don't remember the pattern name of the champagne flutes but the wine glasses are La Rochere's "Rose Lyonnais".
I enjoy looking at all the different patterns and varying colors.
I had to use 2 different kinds of napkins because I could not find the other 2 blue ones. I have an idea where they are but I was just lazy to look, lol. Anyway the purple one work also, IMHO. They are both April Cornell's. The napkin rings are from MC's flower market line.
 
I hope this tablescape somewhat amused you also and
I hope you are enjoying this new year so far. Thank you all for visiting and special thanks to the hostesses.
 
 Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
 Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
FriendsSharing Tea
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Share Your Cup Thursday
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Tablescape Thursday

 

19 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very fun table, Christine! Love those dishes!

I hope John gets the van situation worked out soon.

xo

Sheila

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The dishes are adorable with such sweet colours! The flatware is awesome and John sure gave you presents you love, for sure! The double teapot caught my eye immediately! Love it!
FABBY

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What pretty colours, Christine! I love all the fluting and the fanciful patterns. A pretty table for these cold stormy days we're having on the Island. Hope your hubby gets the van fixed without any further delay. Thanks for joining me for tea and Happy New Year, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

So pretty I always love MC for their colorful and fanciful style. You can't help but smile, can you? Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty! Lots of ice hanging around here also.
Hope he can get the van situation cleared up without to many problems.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love those dishes Christine your table looks so pretty!! Your tablescapes always look fabulous!

betty-NZ said...

Those are some beautiful dishes!

Terri said...

Happy New Year!
My oh my but it is cold here too! We are not usually this cold.
Your table looks wonderful. Your MC dishes are fantastical. I adore the table cloth. What colors!
I hope your car woes end well soon. We went through the same thing recently.
Hugs,
Terri

Ricki Treleaven said...

Of course you know that I love your table! :D The MacKenzie-Childs Taylor pieces look fantastic with the April Cornell table linens.

I can't think if anything more fun to do when you're stuck without a vehicle than play with MacKenzie-Childs!

I also like the glassware, too, Christine. Very pretty!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the colors and as always you do awesome tablescapes! LOVE the Teapot!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Vel Criste said...

I hope the vehicle issue will be sorted out soon.. :-( As for the table, looks like your early for spring and easter this year! This would look perfect for that too, but I agree, a bit of color in this drab winter weather is in order. :-)

Sarah said...

With weather like that, I'd rather be inside playing with dishes, especially MacKenzie-Childs dishes. You know this table delights every bone in my body. I'm going to pin a few shots to add to my MK-C board.
Hope John gets his car back soon. '-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such a happy place to dine, Christine. You can't go wrong with MC. Always so much fun. Those napkin rings are so pretty, and I think using 2 different colors of napkins adds to the fun of this table - I thought you did it intentionally until I read your commentary! laurie

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I know exactly how you feel! I am glad you shared your gorgeous tablescape with us!

Good luck with your vehicle problems, I hope it ends soon :-)

Candy S said...

Christine, This is such a fun table. The colors are delight to winter weary eyes. Your MC collection is wonderful, I adore the charming colors and the style of the plates.

Rosie M. said...

What a happy, happy table!! I LOVE your scalloped plates: they are soo colorful and your table is absolutely charming. How could anyone look at it and not smile?! You made my day! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Rosie M. said...

What a happy, happy table!! I LOVE your scalloped plates: they are soo colorful and your table is absolutely charming. How could anyone look at it and not smile?! You made my day! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Diane said...

Christine, what a happy table for such a cold month! I loved the entire tablescape, but I could not take my eyes off of that adorable teapot - what a great find!! Stay warm, my friend - time for us all to go to Florida, I think! However, I think it is still cold in my Florida location. Not much help there!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, whimsical tablescape, Christine - do love that double teapot! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday