Monday, January 13, 2014

Hunt and Jungle Scene in the Breakfast Nook

It is still hunting season here so I decided to do a hunt scene tablescape before it is over.
 At first, I wasn't sure which plate charger to use, the round black leather or the square copperish alligator ones and you can see which one won.
 The salad plates come in different patterns. They are from Wood & Sons, made in England.
American Atelier "Mehndi" dinner plate stoneware, either from Amazon or Overstock.com.
 
 
I used tiger (or it that zebra?) and leopard printed placemats and napkins.


 Game animals etched crystal wine glasses, some of my favorite finds from Ebay.
 
 
I also used dark amber or brown water goblets that I bought from Horchow several years ago. For the centerpiece, I added the antler that I begged the owner of a bow and arrow shop in FL to sell to me, when I bought my son his birthday present 2 years ago. He did not sell it but he gave it to me for free, which is even better.
 I cannot believe I have no deer S & P shakers, lol. Well, the ducks will do for now.

 I bought this white deer 3 bowl sauce server from TJ Maxx, I think.
 
 


The flatware are "Woodland" by Spode.
 
 
Buck napkin rings from Utah 2 summers ago.
 

  

 A figural silver plated deer napkin ring that I used for a table accessory here.
 Deer votive candle holders.... I scattered 3 on this table.
 For after dinner coffee, we are having expresso or maybe cappuccino in this jungle themed set.

Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy seeing you around. Thanks to our ever gracious hostesses for these lovely memes.
 
The Scoop

Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday

Kathy's A Return To Loveliness

Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Friends Sharing Tea
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home

Share Your Cup Thursday
Paula's What's It Wed

Centerpiece Wed
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Tablescape Thursday

27 comments:

Patty Rumaker said...

I love your tablescape, it feels like winter. Love those plates, placemats, chargers and that glassware is gorgeous.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love your hunting plates, just perfect, even if you didn't have all the other fabulous elements! Love the hunting stems, lovely!
FABBY

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE it all Christine...from the pretty cheetah placemats to the beautiful hunt scene plates!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A fabulous table Christine with all the animal prints and accessories. The antlers were a good choice for the centre. I like the etched glasses too - a good find.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE those salad plates! The entire table is just great. I did a hunt theme this week too. I need to pick you up some antlers!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I love the mix of the hunt plates with the leopard, zebra or tiger prints and the alligator charger. Those etched glasses and the antlers are perfect!

Sarah said...

Christine, your table is full of fun details. I like all the textures that you included, and especially like that pretty figural napkin ring.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so interesting! You really have the whole hunting/jungle theme down! Even the plants look perfect! That's really neat how you got the antlers! :)

XO,
Jane

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a very fun table and you certainly have all the animal themed things to put it together. Beautifully done!

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a very fun table and you certainly have all the animal themed things to put it together. Beautifully done!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, what a fabulous and interesting table setting! The antlers are perfect. I love the hunting scenes on your plates and the duck s/p are adorable. Lovely glassware too. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea. Have a splendid week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Christine. I just love hunt scene transferware, and what a wonderful setting for them. Love the dear! So unusual! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Helen's Decor said...

Christine, Your tablescapes are always fantastic and always beautiful!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Gorgeous! ....Totally love it!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such awesome share, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I love this table, Christine! Every detail is perfect!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your hunting tablescape. The antlers really gave it that LOOK at me! I love everything about it but then girl you know I love to hunt! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your animal print teaset is fabulous and very unique Christine! I think I'm gonna have the animal print placemats made by my seamstress, as I can't find any around here! Love animal prints. I'm at Inspire Me Tuesday.
FABBY

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, I love so many things on this table. First, that crystal is gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it, and I love the salad plates. The deer figural napkin ring is stunning. Of course, the flatware is also beautiful. Just pack up everything on this table, and send it to me! laurie

Sue said...

great looking hunt scene plates....very Ralph Lauren looking...

Bernideen said...

That is really cute Christine. Perfect for a breakfast for some men "before the hunt"!

Tricia said...

Wow, what a marvelous collection of hunt-related items you have! And they came together beautifully -- you have a real eye! Love those salad plates!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Christine dear, you always set a magnificent table but this time you are outdid yourself! Siimply stunning..it is not something the average person gets to see. This is definitely an award winner were you in a competition! I thought it very English Country and charming! How I wish I could accomplish such a look! I'm flagging this page to come back to and to show to my friends!
Love,
Mona

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!

Entertaining Women said...

This would be so perfect for my hunter husband. Gorgeous! Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

Crystal Grandeur said...


Very impressive.You have wonderful collections.Love the theme.Happy week end to you...Love and hugs..:):)

Vel Criste said...

Your plates and goblets are pieces of art on their own, and all together make for a fantastic tables cape - beautiful!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday