Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fire and Water!!

Last Sunday, John and I decided to go to Baton Rouge to get another one of the boxes for the garden hose. We bought one last week and it works great. After watering the plants, I just have to switch a lever and it pulls and rolls up the hose by itself. I will have to blog about it to show you. It's pretty impressive. Anyway, we decided to get another one for the other hose. After Lowe's, he wanted to stop by Target. He likes their sushi.
But before I continue with my story, I would first like to acknowledge our hostess for Outdoor Wednesday, Susan of http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/
I am also linking with Watery Wednesday at http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/.
Please visit our wonderful hosts and the other participants.
Anyway, Target is next to Ross so I told John to drop me off at Ross while he goes to Target. And IHOP is in front of Ross. This is what we saw as we turned to go to Ross. IHOP was on fire! It looks like only the entrance part was on fire and the firemen were already there.

As you can see, they started hosing the building with water.

There was black smoke everywhere.


And OMG, it looks like the restaurant just opened. I felt so bad for the business owner.

Now the fires's in the back of the building too. Do you see the broken windows below? They weren't broken in the previous pictures.




I would have moved that car so fast if it were mine. I don't know why it is still parked there.
Do you see the water go through the back wall? I can just imagine the pressure of that H2O.


Look at that! The water went through the back wall.





I was trying to capture the whole thing by shooting diagonally. I was too excited that I forgot to use the panoramic capability of my camera.

We parked across the street and just watched for a while.

When we left, this is how the front looked.
In case you are curious as to what I bought from Ross, it's everything in front of the white table: wire shelves that I used to put plants near the fountain (my next Tabletop Tues. post). a set of 4 placemats, a faux orchid in a vase, a patriotic candle holder (getting ready for Memorial Day and 4th of July) and a white candle, 2 dragonfly stepping stones, 2 plant stands with stone inlay and a garden accessory and all of that for $89.28. I love Ross!

I hope nobody was hurt in the fire and I hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for coming!
And thanks to our gracious hostesses for these fun memes.

25 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great pics, Christine. Feel so sorry for the owner and employees. That is awful to have just opened ant have that happen. Love all the goodies you bought though.

Salmagundi said...

How scary is that? Those are great pictures, however! You got great loot from Ross. I'll be looking forward to a future Tablescape Thursday. Sally

SmilingSally said...

Oh how horrible, Christine. Thank the good Lord for our firefighters.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow Christine, this is just unreal. What a tragic event. A miracle that no one was hurt.

Your treasures are all so fabulous. Love the two plant stands and stepping stones and the wire shelf, placemats and all are great finds. Can't wait to see how you use them all. Hugs, Marty

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Hello Ms. News Reporter! What amazing photos you captured (our reporter on the scene). You found some great things at Ross (why am I not surprised?) laurie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Wow! How scary that fire looks! I'm so grateful for the firemen who respond so quickly to crisis situations. Great deals from Ross - can't wait to see what you do with them.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! It will be hard on the owner and employees now without a job. :( Wonder what the cause was that caused so much damage so fast. You did a good job reporting the news! :)
Looks like you found some nice things,

Dolores said...

Wow, these are amazing pictures!!!
You did an excellent job of getting the pictures as the fire progressed... Fires are soooo scary!

Looks like you found some 'good buys' at Ross ....

Jim said...

Very dramatic.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

EJ said...

So iHop, caught a fire huh.. Great shots!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Too bad for the people who work there! They will all be scrambling to find a position in another restaurant. It isn't every day that you get to watch firemen at work though, so that must have been exciting.
All your new patio/garden decor is very pretty. I Like the dragonflies.

Ann said...

So sad to see IHOP up in smoke...as my boys looove that restaurant.
You did a great job photographing the fire.
Looks like you hit the jackpot at Ross. :)
Have a wonderful day,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Anonymous said...

Christine,
What an exciting day...So sad about the IHop burned....Love your goodies you got...Happy Outdoor Wednesday Katherinellen

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I hope nobody was hurt either. That was a bad fire. Love the things that you bought, you did good.

aimee said...

how sad. you still managed to pull yourself together and get some great stuff. that is the sign of a true shopper :)
blessings,
aimee

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...your post was like reading the front page of a newspaper...very impressive.

My WATERY WEDNESDAY...do stop by if you get a chance.

eileeninmd said...

Very dramatic photos of the fire. I do hope everyone was OK.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Wow Christine.
Pretty dramatic stuff! Fires are pretty scary aren't they.
Hugs,
Cindy

Ms. Bake-it said...

Very dramatic. I certainly hope no one was injured or killed in the fire and that the employees will be able to find new jobs soon. What a terrible thing to happen. You did a great job capturing the drama of the fire. I had no idea Target sold sushi! Looks like you really scored on your shopping trip to Ross!

~ Tracy

Traci said...

It's so sad. I live in B.R. & the fire was started by a cigarette that was discarded in the landscaping around the building. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I am so sorry your IHOP burned. That's one of my husbands fav places to eat out when we vacation.

Kathleen said...

I hope no one was hurt either!
They must have been some HOT cakes!
Being a true shopper, you managed to go on with your mission and help the economy! My kind of gal!

LV said...

A terrible thing to have happened, but it certainly made for a great Outdoor feature for today.

Ebie said...

Oh, dear, how sad, I hope they have enough insurance coverage to cover the loss.

OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

RH said...

This is different serie to Watery Wednesday...

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday