Friday, August 5, 2011

New Orleans Aquarium

Hello everyone! Time flies when we are having fun and weekend is here again. That means it is time to go sightseeing and show off our pinks.


I am linking with Beverly for Pink Saturday at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/



For my pink contribution, I am sharing a mosaic of some presents I bought for my daughter's unborn daughter. Yep, Tina is having a girl. I have another daughter who is also pregnant, not with one but with 2 (twins) but we do not know the sex or sexes yet. I bought a few stuff for the baby girl but these 2 are the pink ones, a baby's first frame (No, that's not her in the picture!) and isn't the tutu just the cutest thing? I can't wait to see her in it.




But wait, that's not all! My stepdaughter is having a baby too. I bought some gifts for her baby too but I am not showing them because they are not pink. She is having a boy.




That's 4 grandkids coming within 4 months of each other. It's going to be really, really busy very soon.

For sightseeing, I am taking you back to New Orleans. This time, we are going to the Aquarium.





Guess what they have in there! Lots of fish, lol!





I love this picture!




Sharks






The penguins were so cute!





Colorful fish!





Sea horses



Hard to see them cause their color blends with the plants.



Can you spot the Jacknife fish in the tank?





Gorgeous Lion fish




Hey! Here's a new unidentified species. LOL!





I was surprised to see an aviary in the aquarium.





Awww, look how romantic the parakeets are. Do you see them smooching?





AJ had so much fun feeding them.





After AJ fed the birds, it was my turn to feed my sweaty companions. They really enjoyed their ice cream.


I hope you enjoyed the tour of New Orleans Aquarium and Parakeet Pointe. Thank you so much for coming along! Thanks Beverly, for hosting again!

16 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures at the aquarium.
How exciting about all the babies coming. (can I borrow one :) Really cute gifts. I bet it is fun shopping for the little ones. You are going to be one busy grandmother! Have a nice weekend.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I would love to visit that aquarium! I could spend that day there!
I can tell you just love being a Grandma! You have some happy events coming your way!
HPS!
Jil

Beth said...

Christine, Congratulations on the new grandchildren! I'll bet you'll spoil them all! I enjoyed following along on your trip to the New Orleans Aquarium. Beautiful pictures!
Blessings, Beth

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your family is really growing fast. :D
Thanks for sharing your trip.
Enjoy your weekend.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh my goodness!!! How very exciting! How blessed you all are to have these grandbabies on their way :o) For quite some time, I have been buying cute little baby outfits and have them set aside for our future grandbabies :o) I love looking at baby clothes! lol

Amazing photos at the aquarium and it looks like it was a fun, fun day!

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment...& I'm happy you enjoyed the art I shared.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Christine Sweetie...
Oh my gosh, Congratulations. 4 in 4 months, now that is alot. At least ours are a little bit apart. We have 8 grandkids. You hardly have any breathing room. Love the frame and that little tutu is so stinkin cute. LOVE it.

The aquarium photos are so much fun. Thank you for taking me along. I love the one of you inside the clear tube. That is GREAT, someone took a wonderful shot. You have a beautiful smile sweet friend.

Loved seeing AJ feeding the birds as well. So grown up. How sweet. Thanks for taking me along on this wonderful trip this evening. I always enjoy my trips here with you. Have a beautiful weekend sweetie. Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Unknown said...

Whoa! 4 in 4 months, that's a lot of baby(s). I can see you will be hopping & having a grand time. We have 3 & that part of life is over with. Quite a span from 20 to 10 & 8. Love it.

Don't you just love New Orleans! It is obvious everyone had a grand time.

TTFN ~
Have a great weekend ~
Marydon

Dolores said...

Wow..... what a growing family.....
Beautiful pictures....looks like fun!!

Arabella said...

The pink tutu is adorable and I really love your photographs from the aquarium. The penguins are so sweet.

Hope you're having a great weekend & Happy Pink Saturday!

lvroftiques said...

I did really enjoy it! Thanks for taking us along Christine! I can't believe 4 grandbabies within 4 mo! Ooohhhhh you sooo gonna have your hands full.....You'll need all that Christine "super battery strength" power of yours *winks* Vanna

Sarah said...

Christine, I definitely enjoyed your tour. You take wonderful photos!
Congratulations on all the new grands!

Holly said...

This was fun! I almost felt like I was there. =0) I love the blues and greens that you captured with your camera.
Happy Pink Saturday!

bj said...

O, I loved this whole post. Just perfect. Loved the tour so much. You are a master of your camera...beautiful photos. I really loved the ice cream ones. :))
Congratulations on new grands. :))

Farah said...

Congrats for a new sweetheart ... it is such a fun post I really enjoyed the whole tour with you...
Now I am back from my vacations and in blogging world too…
A little post to share some of my moments of vacation... hope you like to visit and enjoy it...
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wait!...did I hear 4 grandchildren in 4 months??!! Wow, you're sooo very lucky, I love babies...(if you need me any time). What a great post, I loved the tour, your photos are terrific Chris and your family and you look so pretty, I love yours, you should put your pic on a frame, very pretty and unique! I also love the baby frame with the ultrasound, my goodness, this I enjoyed so much, thank you for sharing and congrats for the upcoming babies! FABBY

Magnolia Blues said...

When my hubby and I use to live back in NOLA we use to love spending a hot summer day at the Aquarium.

Congratulations!!! Wow, 3 new grandbabies. I'm sure your entire family is thrilled. I'm really excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of those adorable baby cheeks in the near future.

Hugs, P.S. Love the pink tutu.
Gigi

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday