Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tree Trimming, Adventurous Ride and Birds' Eye View of Property



We just had our trees trimmed and groomed. We knew they would use an aerial bucket truck to reach the tall trees. I asked the guy who was going up if he could take pictures of the property for me. He did better than agree. He gave me the option to go up myself and take the pictures. That really got me excited. I am afraid of heights but my love for photography made me overcome it. I told him I would be afraid to go by myself but if my friend agreed to go up with me, I would love too. And so the planning started.


There we are! Actually this was the second time I went up. Silas, the tree guy, took me up earlier but I did not go too high because I was nervous. We just went up to the roof top of the house. But I wanted to go up again so I asked Debjani, to come over and accompany me. Besides, no one took my picture the first time. I gave one of the workers a camera and showed him to



use it but he was unable to do it. I wanted proof that I was actually up there, lol. This time, John was home and he was the designated photographer.




I am linking with Susan for Outdoor Wednesday at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

Kim's Wow Us Wednesday at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/



and for Watery Wednesday at http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

Bunny's Blog Hop Wed at http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/


Sherry's Home Sweet Home at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/






This is the aerial bucket truck that was mainly used.



John wanted me to watch the guys while they worked but I couldn't just be standing out there doing nothing so I started cleaning the garden too. I saw this poison ivy (last pic in the mosaic) climbing up on the maple tree and pulled it out. I did put on some gloves first, lol.


Can you spot us on top of the truck pole? We were so high that we looked like little ants.


Going up!




Higher!



Do you see John taking the picture? There he is wearing his favorite shirt again, lol. I do wash it regularly:-)



and higher!



the left side of the backyard showing the arbor, gazebo and wet deck. There is a bluff and creek right back there but the trees are so dense making them invisible.

front yard



top of the roof




Our neighborhood is really wooded. The house on top is the house right in front of us, the next photo shows the house right next to it, almost diagonally from us. Behind them are all trees all the way to where you can see. Our house is located on top of a hill in a corner lot. The house in the 3rd pic of the mosaic below is across the street on the right side of the house. You can see that it's all trees behind it too. And of course the trees you see in the foreground are in our property.


Here are panoramic views of the neighborhood.



We can really see the whole pool from up there. This photo even shows the secret garden behind it and the wet deck on its left side. See the tree debris and shavings down there?



We were really high here. The post was almost vertical and it goes all the way up to 75 ft.



After the men were done on the left side of the backyard, they worked on the side yard.



Lots of pine trees here, a magnolia and more oaks.








Then, they moved to the right side of the backyard. You can see the guy on top of the umbrella, slightly to the left.




It got dark and with 5 men working all day, they did not get done. They came back and finished up the next morning. It was a mess but the guys really cleaned up well. In fact, they did such good work and so accomodating and we were so happy with their performance that we paid them $200 above what they quoted us, plus gave them each a $20 tip.



Thanks for stopping by and thanks to our hostesses.

35 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Oh my! You are braver than I am - no way would I go up in that bucket. :-O
I do have height issues. Thanks for the birds' eye views - they were fun to see.

Richard Cottrell said...

I rented one of those buckets to paint the overhang around my second floor roof. I got used to it, but going up and down was a little on the scared side. Sounds like you al had fun and the workers were nice. Thanks for sharing. Richard. PS. Did you get your guest book???

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

You are braver than I am!!No way would I do this!It is certainly a different view.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Christine. I love seeing all the views of your home, from that height. Not sure I would be brave enough for a ride in the bucket!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow!!! I have no other words.. lol
hugs ~lynne~

Lynn said...

That was quite an adventure Christine! Great pics:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

I saw some of your pictures on Facebook, Christine. You are SO brave! I am afraid of heights and never would have got in it. But it is cool to see aerial view of your home. Your pool looks magnificent!!

XO,
Janie

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like a fun ride and good way to get pics of the property and neighborhood.
Always nice to spiff up the property! I'm sure the guys were thrilled when they got paid!

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like a fun ride and good way to get pics of the property and neighborhood.
Always nice to spiff up the property! I'm sure the guys were thrilled when they got paid!

Diane Writes said...

Hello Christine! Thank you for dropping by my blog. I always love it when new people comment and visit me.

Going up there is really a fun experience! I want to try it too. And your home looks so lovely from the aerial shot. I love the swimming pool, gardens and your relaxing home.

You mentioned in your previous post "Philippine products" I'd like to ask if you were originally from the Philippines?

I hope we could get to know each other better by following each others blogs. Have a great daY!

bj said...

OOO, I would have LOVED going up.
Everything looks so pretty from up there...

You and John were so nice to give the fellas extra $'s...you have sweet spirits, Christiney.
Your property is so lovely.
xo bj

Barbara F. said...

You are brave to go all the way up, but the view and photos were so worth it! Gorgeous property! Thanks for sending me the link. xo,

Jane said...

Beautiful photos! You have a gorgeous backyard...and neighborhood.

Darla said...

What a neat experience!

Debbiedoos said...

You very brave girl you. I bet that was fun~

Bethe77 said...

OH What fun to go up in the tree trimming truck and get a birds eye view and take pictures. What fun!
Thank you for sharing such an adventure!
Blessings

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Look at you go Christine! Overcoming your fear and getting great photos too! Your home and neighborhood are just beautiful! What an opportunity!

Glad you had fun!

Lou Cinda :)

Marigene said...

Great aerial shots, Christine! They certainly are a birds' eye view of your lovely home. You are braver than I to get in that little bucket!

Marlis said...

This is amazing. Love the aerial view. You are very brave to get up in the bucket.. Love your yard and I bet with the trees pruned and culled out, that the yard has a whole new lease on life! xo marlis

Dolores said...

What a grea way to get these marvelous pictures of your beautiful home..

Lynn said...

Amazing photos!

Kathleen said...

You are so funny! Here in NY they would never let you up in the bucket, insurance concerns!
That must have been a fun ride! I am not crazy about heights though!

Lori said...

You are brave, that made me a bit dizzy.

Bunny Jean said...

I agree with Lori. Some of those picture kinda got to me too. But then I don't do well on a Ferris Wheel ride!

You were a quick thinker to have grabbed your camera as you may never get that chance again.

Thanks for joining the Bunny Hop.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Home to Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a magnificent view of your home and property from all the way up, so much fun the pole truck's bucket, I would've loved to do that! You look like you had a fun time with your friend, lol! Thanks for getting me to this post, I don't know how I missed it! Lots of hugs. FABBY

Beth said...

What a fun post, Christine! I loved seeing your property from above. Your home and gardens are absolutely beautiful!
Hugs, Beth

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe it, they actually let you ride in it? Those pictures are amazing! Your property is so beautiful but I already knew that!

Gloria said...

Holy cow, Christine! You are one brave lady! And Debjani too! I go on rides and things at an amusement park, but getting me to go in one of those buckets SO HIGH would not have happened! I don't even like to get on a ladder! LOL!
Well, good for you and Debjani -- you are both very adventurous!
Best,
Gloria

The Charm of Home said...

Oh my word! I didn't realize it was so high! That was brave. No wonder tree trimmers charge so much!LOL What great pictures you got of your property. Every person I know has had lots of trees needing help. The weather has been so weird and hard on the trees. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!

Sue said...

Oh I would go up in a bucket in a heartbeat!! Love a good adventure, that's for sure. Your humongous yard is so densely wooded, Christine. How wonderful! We don't have as large a property but we back up to a large natural area that is part of the township's park system, so it makes our yard look much bigger than it really is. I did remember that you had terracing on your slope. Before we started this project we couldn't really use the yard- the husband used our son's football cleats when he mowed it. LOL Will post some more pics later today. :-) Sue

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh My Goodness! Yikes! That is soooo high! What great views though!

I literally just got a chill down my spine thinking of how high up you two were! haha

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for letting me know about this post!

Christie describeHappy said...

*grin* I was going to say something about your name being great too... glad you beat me to it!!

I was all prepared to see tree work, but that bucket and seeing pictures taken from up high is really something wonderful! Glad you took them!! And your property is really dazzling.. I need to look at your other posts for a peak of your gardens.. they seem amazing! Glad you found me, so I could come see! Wishing you a wonderful week!

Traci said...

Great pics Christine!

Karen said...

Now, if I had a neat rig like that, oh, the tree trimming I could get done! That is really an adventure, Christine, what a wonderful way to photograph your beautiful property from such a height. Your garden and home is just lovely!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Thank you so much for telling me about this post. I love the bird's eye views! You were so brave to go up in that bucket. I would have been very nervous. I love seeing your pool from this angle, it is beautiful and so huge! I also enjoyed seeing what you have done with the rest of your property around the pool as well,lot's of great ideas! I love it all!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday