Monday, August 22, 2011

Tea Table Using Philippine Handicrafts


My cousin sent me a tea box and a table topper from the Philippines. They are both made out of natural fibers and are hand made. I really like them so they serve as my inspiration for this week's tea table.




Isn't that a pretty tea box? Looks like the bottom part was weaved out of palm leaves. I like them so much that I ordered a lot to sell in my shop. I think they will make perfect Christmas presents because they are unusual. In fact, I ordered enough so I can give tea boxes to the referring doctors for Christmas. Do you think they will like them?




I used the same topper for my tablescape last Thursday.




The Bavarian teaset is made by Tirschenreuth.







I really love the textures, both of the box and the topper.




I am linking with:



Marty for Tablestop Tuesday at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/



Lady Katherine for Teatime Tuesday at http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/



Wanda Lee and Pam for their Tea Tuesday memes at http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/



Sandi for TeatimeTtuesday at http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/



Martha and Terri for Teacup Tuesday at http://www.marthasfavorites.com/



Trish for Tea Party Tuesday at http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/



Many thanks to our hostesses and to you all for stopping by!

20 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, I'm sure the doctors will like their gifts. Such a unique and pretty box. The table topper is so unique too. And what a pretty tea set. Hope you're having a good summer. I'm staying busy (but probably not as busy as you!) laurie

Olive said...

Christine, love all the natural fibers you used here. The tea set is charming too. hugs♥O

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The tea box is beautiful. The table looks so pretty and I love the birdhouses.

Richard Cottrell said...

The box and runner are so much fun. So fun as usual. Richard from My Old Historic House.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Who wouldn't like this great tea box! I love it, it's so different and love the natural fivers it's made out of...yes, I think you'll sell them like crazy in the store and what a nice Christmas gift it'll make! I love your Bavarian tea set, beautiful tea table! Have a terrific week my friend! FABBY

Together We Save said...

Beautiful!! You have such a talent!

Terri said...

Christine your tea set is so classy and beautiful at the same time! And your green tea cup and saucer are so nice as well! The whole table looks fab.
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! I love your beautiful tea table. What a pretty tea box! You make everyone feel so special!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Debbie said...

That tea box is just beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. It all went so perfectly together too. Those textures were just meant to be together.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Christien
I haven't visited you for awhile, nice to see your tea table this week. The tea box is quite unusual and will make a nice gift with teas in it. The tablecloth is unique too.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a unique table topper, Christine! Lovely gifts from your cousin! Thank you for sharing with Tea Time and have a nice day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Millie said...

Very interesting and unique...love it!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful set, Christine!!

Hugs,
Deb

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Christine,
this tea box is real artwork and so is the tablerunner. Such work is very special. I think everybody will love it. One can see on your beautiful tea table how nice it looks. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my Christine!

What fabulous photos of your tea box an d vignettes!.., So delightful, inviting, yummy and pretty!

Happy Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland!

Please feel most welcome to visit me for my 98th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two' and also for the '69th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'.~ YOU ARE ALWAYS MOST WELCOME TO PARTAKE!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

Unknown said...

Christine,
Your so right about those tea boxes being a lovely gift! Beautiful vingettes too!
Happy tea,
lorena

Martha's Favorites said...

Christine: Your table is so beautiful. You really have an amazing home. Blessings, Martha

Jocelyn said...

Wow Christine, what an unusual tea box. Very lovely. I love your tea set.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your table looks beautiful! The tea box is exquisite! I love the natural fibers you use, too! It all works so well together! ♥

Kathleen said...

How beautiful! I love the tea box!
I am catching up here. I am so busy in the summer, don't get to visit as many as I want!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday