Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Favorite So far!


I am really enjoying this tablescape. I shouldn't be playing favorites since they are all my creations but I think this is my favorite so far. I just love the colors.












I found those green swans from an antique store. They were $2.50 each.



The topiary was in the guest room. I thought it is perfect for this tablescape. The marble plateau

came from Home Goods in Houston.



I noticed our Sevres urns have this magenta purplish color so I added them to the table. They came from a local antique shop downtown.



The marble plateau is a lazy Susan too.






The plates are "Floral Lilac" by Royal Stafford. I found them at TJ Maxx. John earned some rewards from a a credit card use and I bought a $200 TJ Maxx gift certificate with it, so the dishes plus more, really cost me nothing.


The plate chargers were on clearance for less than $3 each at Z Gallerie.




The wine glasses and tumblers are Lyonnais by La Rochere. I love the raised pattern and the color.


S&P shakers and silver napkin rings. The napkin rings came from an antique shop downtown too which we bought about a year ago. They were quite pricey but I really like them and they are very heavy. I begged John to buy them for me and he did!


A friend of mine gave me the peacock votive holder when she visited me from Florida.




Centerpiece on a marble plateau.




I also bought the table runner from TJ Maxx with the gift certificate.



Just taking photos from different angles of the formal dining room.







The table cloth is from Williams Sonoma.



The veggie peacock was from my friend Debjani when she went to Michigan.


We bought the Sevres urns from an antique shop here in Natchez. John and I both love Sevres so we try to buy when we see anything affordable that we like. Ususally we see a lot that we like but they are mostly unaffordable, unfportunately. I guess the advantage is that they keep their value that way.



I am linking with Susan for Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Sherry's Open House Party Thursdays
http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Sherry's Home Sweet Home Friday
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday at
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday at
http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for coming and many thanks to our hostesses.

31 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, what can I say, Christine, except simply. stunning!!!!!

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments! Hope you'll be back! Bunny Jean really started something!
I just love your tablescape! So elegantly beautiful! You have quite an eye for what goes together.
XoXoXo
Joy @ tomorrow's memories

Marlis said...

Yeah, i'm not getting into the favorites game!! But you are right this is soo lovely. I almost picked up those plates but decided i really had nothing to go with them.. You made them look even more stunning. Each piece you added to the table is perfect and the whole table looks fabulous. I love your napkin rings!!! xo marlis

The Tablescaper said...

Love your new plates and the Sevres. It's so great that both you and John enjoy it.

- The Tablescaper

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful tablescape! Those dishes are gorgeous! Love TJ Maxx, neat that you had the gift card, great "bargains!"

Katherine

Lynn said...

This is a stunning tablescape. I love the dishes and wine glasses and tumblers since purple and all related shades are my favorite colors. You were truly blessed to have such good finds combined with the gift card from the points and then the sale items. Remarkable and you have created such a lovely table. Each item is placed with love and care. Can see why you love this tablescape. Blessings.

Donna said...

Hi, Christine,
I can see why it's a favorite of yours. The colors are just beautiful. You have such elegant things.
D

vignette design said...

Your table is just gorgeous Christine. Love all the purples! So beautiful!~Delores

lvroftiques said...

Oh so pretty Christine! Love it! And I know I've said it before but I also LOVE that peacock painting! *winks*....And all the sevres....and meissen....and....Vanna

Lana Kim White Austin said...

This is an amazing table, truly! I love all the rich detail...the royal purple with the greens...the fresh flowers....the gleaming candlelight...SO VERY ELEGANT!!!!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christine! Your table looks amazing! It's so gorgeous and elegant! You have the most beautiful pieces! I don't know where to begin - everything is over the top! I love seeing the soft light in your dining room.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Goodmorning! What a lovely table, you have a great eye for bringing it all together! Amazing! The top of your blog, collage of family, is fabulous. Nice visiting with you, warmly, Sunny

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Beautiful Tablescapes love it !!!
I so enjoy visiting with you. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my new Tablescape.
XXOO Diane

Barb said...

Christine, this is stunning. I agree about the colors. They are sooooo gorgeous. I just love it!!

Barb ♥

Savannah Granny said...

Christine. This is breathtaking! You always have such beautiful things to complete a mood. Love your urns. So elegant and I just adore the little veggie peacock. Thank you for sharing. Ginger

Sue said...

What an elegant tablescape! Mine is just the opposite this week...not at all elegant! I love that china. I don't own anything purple, but I certainly can see why you wanted those. They are gorgeous and isn't it fun to have a giftcard?

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The colors really are wonderful, Christine! And I love the peacock votive holder! You have fabulous things on this table!

Magnolia Blues said...

I love purple! Those plates are gorgeous. I really like your tablescape.

Gigi

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Christine

You are great bargain table-scaper! And what an eye for detail!

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope that you come back, we love company!

Leann

BTW - Love the photos of the kiddies in your header:)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How delightful the greens and purples are together. I may have to try that combination soon. This is all gorgeous, I can see why it would quickly become a favorite. What lovely china!

Honey at 2805 said...

This is beautiful, Christine. Each tablescape you present is always my favorite!

JudyBug said...

I am just loving the china! Stunning. Love your table.

bj said...

Just a stunning table..no wonder it is one of your favorites. Everything is so lovely and PURE CLASS. :)
xoxo bj

Tara said...

I can see why it's your favorite, the colors are gorgeous. Have a great weekend Christine!

Alycia Nichols said...

Such a gorgeous table, Christine!!!! It has that "Baroque" look where you would expect the king and queen to sit down for dinner! I love those urns...they are magnificent! I got those same Z Gallerie chargers!!! They only had 4 left at the store in Overland Park, KS where I shop. I should go online to see if I can get more. They really are a neat color, aren't they? And they are quite substantial, too. Everything looks beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, Christine!

Desire Empire said...

I love the layer of your tablescape. It is so very pretty.

I am having my first giveaway and with only four entrants there's a good chance of winning so come over and enter.
Have a great weekend
Best Carolyn

Lynn said...

Your table is, of course beautiful! As is your entire home. I love the angel in your entry.

Karin Åžen Cankan said...

Very elegant and beautifully set table, everything looks amazing.

Thank you for sharing.

Love,
Karin Åžen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG! I'm so glad you sent me here my friend! I was sure I saw this stunning table, it is my fav too, it's excusite Christine, the china layers, the stemware, the linens, the centerpiece and the urns...fabulous and amazing. I probably got a phone call and thought I commented, sorry! Love, FABBY

The Charm of Home said...

Christine,
This is super pretty! I just love the lavender colors, the china, you did a very nice job. It is so elegant! Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your right, it is a beautiful table. I love the dishes!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday