Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bloggers are Generous!


Still don't have too much time for blogging because of so many things happening around here so I will only show you a few stuff I bought in an antique and thrift shop.



The silver plated tray is from an antique store. It was very tarnished but it is very heavy and I like the eding so I bought it for $10. It cleaned really well as you can see in the bottom photo.



The pictures on the right, glasses, a bowl, various plates, saucers and cups came from St. Andrew's thrift shop. Since John and I are both in the medical field, I was attracted to the medical design on the glasses and dishes but the sales lady wanted $45 for them. They also included an S & P shaker and a butter dish with the same design. Anyway, I did not buy them but 2 days later, I told John to look at them so we went back and they were still there and still $45. He told me to buy them because they are unusual. And as an obedient wife, I did, LOL! When the cashier was wrapping them, she dropped the top of the butter dish and it broke, so she gave me a $5 discount. Do you see the prescription sign and Caduceus?










For my Pink Saturday contribution, I would like to show you what I have won from Bloggers' giveaways. Bloggers, in my opinion, are the nicest and most generous people around. You will agree after you see what I have won!



To see more pinks, don't forget to visit Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/



First, I won a Kitchenaid mixer from Michael of Designs by Gollum at http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/ I already own one so I gave it to my daughter for her birthday and she was very pleased! I am pleased too because now, I have a nicer mixer to use when I am baking at their house, which I will be pretty soon, after she delivers her baby girl. Thanks, Michael!






Last spring, I won a "count the beans in the jar" contest. I took the pictures of the items when they arrived but I could not remember the website of who sent them to me. All I know is it was Deanna. That is the reason I did not post sooner.






Deanna, I am so sorry, I could not email to thank you. Somehow, I deleted my email notification and our communications, but I really love everything you sent me. Thank you very much! I hope you will be able to read this post.

Aren't they all pretty? I am very ready for Easter now!




A few weeks ago, maybe months, I received this package from Sares of http://loveleightreasures.blogspot.com/



As you can see, the packaging is pink.

I do enjoy all the goodies, Sares. Thank you so much!





I love that crown on the bag and the pearly necklace. The scrabble tiles are perfect too because I love to play Scrabble. Anybody who plays on the i phone or Facebook can invite me. I think my user name is xinex.








Last but not least, I just got this maybe a week or 2 ago and it came from Richard of http://myoldhistorichouse.blogspot.com/





And It is a guest book but the most beautiful Magnolia picture cover.


It is perfect for me because it looks so southern and I love having guests at home.







Beautiful pages with flowers all over.


And there is my lovely guest book on my foyer console, on display, all ready for guests to sign.






Thanks to Michael, Deanna, Sares and Richard for your generosity and for making me sooooo very happy!



Thanks to all for stopping by and you make me very happy also. Hope you all have a nice weekend!

20 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Those are lovely gifts Christine. I love the medical set...my husband is a pharmacist so those really caught my eye. Great score good price too! Enjoy!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Wow! You are a very fortunate lady!

Kathleen said...

Yes, bloggers are very generous for sure! You have won some lovely things!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, Chris this is lovely, a beautiful post with all your gifts from such generous blogger freinds. I'm waiting to receive mine from Chie, which will be when she comes from her vacation, so I can also display them and put my three gifts from generous bloggers too. I love what you bought and specially the medical set, the porcelain in these things is usually wonderdful! I'm at my daughter Alexandra's home in the capital, I will be back next week, that's why I haven't posted anything this week. Love, FABBY

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Lovely gifts Christine...luck follows you... turn loose and send some this way.. lol.. I hope your flooding mess is coming along ok..
hugs ~lynne~

A Hint of Home said...

Congrats on all your wonderful gifts!
I love your new dishes. They really are unique! What a find for someone in the medical field.
Have a good weekend!

Gloria said...

Very nice things you purchased and won. Especially winning that Kitchenaid! Enjoy making goodies with it at your daughter's!
Best,
Gloria

Jacqueline said...

How fun to share in all of your treasures! Wow, a Kitchenaid - that is just amazing. I love all of the treasures, so glad you shared with us! Too bad the lady broke the lid, I bet that made you sick. I love the medical symbol on the dishes - what a great husband you have!!!! Enjoy, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful Christine. The medical glasses, etc, are fabulous. What a find!

Sweet gifts!

Richard Cottrell said...

Ms. Christine, Sounds like you are the luckiest blogger there is. That mixer is a real big prize. Where was I when that contest was going on. Doesn't matter as I don't even cook or bake. Ms. Vanna said you was looking for my Etsy Shop. www.ricardsgreatstuff.etsy.com Thanks for mentioning me and my blog in your post. And you are right, bloggers are the nicest people in the world. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Richard Cottrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lvroftiques said...

Girlfriend you done cleaned UP on the boun-tay!! *winks* First the fabulous finds...and that tray did shine up beautifully! And I love the medical china set too!
Then all those wins!! Sheesh I need to hold your hand for a minute or two and hope some of that luck rubs off on me! *winks*

Sorry to be getting back so late to you. I tried to email Richard to get links to his etsy and store, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I had all that info saved in my etsy but I had all sorts of problems with etsy trying to change my user name and in the process all my info , favorites etc was deleted *sighs* Soooo starting the etsy thing yet again. I'll email you as soon as I hear from him. I actually found the screen on a blog post he did about it and begged him to sell it to me! That man has the best stuff! Anyhoo hope you're taking it easy on yourself in the heat. Love Vanna

SmilingSally said...

Christine,

What a terrible thing for the clerk to break that piece.

You "made our like a bandit" with those pink treasures.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh Christine! Congratulations on all your lovely winnings!
And I love that set of dishes and glassware! (Is there any info on the maker? Perhaps you can find another butter dish top.) With our daughter a dentist and her hubby a dermatologist, what a neat set to have :o) If you do see any names, please let me know, cuz I'd love to see if I could order the glass ware.)

It is always fun to see what treasures you share :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I look forward to your sweet visits and comments.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hi Chris...whenever you have a little chance during your busy day, come on over, I know you like tablecloths. Have a safe weekend and happy Pink Sat. How's your water works doing?? FABBY

The Artful Diva said...

Great gifts - you are one lucky blogger!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my those are beautiful stuff!! You are blessed!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

HI Christine,
Those are such unusual dishes that you found!
And what great wins on the give-aways, I can't believe that mixer!
Can't wait to hear about your new grand-daughter too!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Tara said...

You've been winning some wonderful things! I hope you really enjoy the things you won from me!

Traci said...

What great things. I really love the Easter stuff. It's adorable.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday