Friday, August 12, 2011

Cheval Mirror Refinished




I am going on a short trip so I don't have time to put pictures together before Saturday to take you sightseeing, but since my logo says events and shopping too, I will just show you what I bought, unless you want to tour our messy garage, lol.



John and I went to the antique marketplace to drop off something at my booth. I always walk through the other booths before we go home whenever we go there.



I spotted this wooden cheval mirror for $20. I told John that I think I can make it look better and sell it for more. So we bought and took it home.



As to be expected, John told me there's nothing wrong with the stain and I don't have to paint it.




But, I knew painting it will make it look better so, I took it in the garage and started working on it.

I wanted to paint it a cream color but my only chalk paint is this duck blue and I did not want to have to sand and prime it. So, I just painted it blue



I have this wooden crown in natural wood. I painted it blue also and added a mocha glaze on the outlines and glued it to the top of the mirror.



I just sanded the edges a little to make it look old.



and it's all done.



I am happy to announce that the mirror did not even make it to the store. My friend saw it and bought it straight from the garage.

I am linking with Carrie's Amaze Me Monday at http://dittledattle.blogspot.com/



Susan's Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/



Sally's Blue Monday at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

Mary's Masterpiece Monday at http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/



Thanks for your visits and thanks to our hostesses for these fun memes.

21 comments:

Jojo said...

Wow! What a transformation and a sale too!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, the mirror turned out fabulous. You did a great job. Hugs, Marty

Lynn said...

The mirror looks great, glad that it found a new home so quickly:@)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great redo! The ornate piece you added really looks good. Enjoy your trip.
Glenda

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Wow this is some transformation! Good job!

Sarah said...

Christine, it looks great. I'm not surprised it's already sold. ;-)

lvroftiques said...

It turned out great Christine! And you know it's good when it doesn't even leave the garage! *winks* So what did John think of that? Vanna

Savannah Granny said...

Ooooh! I was going to come over and buy it. You did a fantastic job. Just proves, paint is good. Hugs, Ginger

Gloria said...

I was still sitting here amazed that you only paid 20 bucks!! AND, then more amazed because I'm like John and thought it was good to begin with, yet you made it pretty! Love the piece you added at the top, love the color. Good for you, you have a good eye. Now go and enjoy your trip! ;)
Best,
Gloria

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Gorgeous! (haha...curious to hear what John thought of it after your remake? like lvroftiques asked too. :o)
And I thought that when you said that it didnt make it to the store, that you were going to say it found a sweet spot in your home. I love it!

Blessings & Aloha!
Your are always the sweetest and such an encourager! Thank you for your comment on my wee quilt. Goodness, I am going to be happy and doing good when I have the little baby quilts I have started completed for future grandbabies. I am not as fast or prolific to do them for sell!
Have a wonderful trip too!

Darla said...

Love the way this turned out!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your mirror turned out really pretty! I love the finish!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a great transformation! Love the changes.
hugs ~lynne~

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Good job! and great fast sale! Have a great weekend.

Dolores said...

Hey girl, I would have bought the mirror from you in a heart beat. I love the color and the decoration at the top.....It looks beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

that a quick sale:)the new paint gives more meaning and charm to its olden beauty:)

http://www.diyandmore.com/?p=799

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's lovely Christine, great job!

Fashion Momma said...

It's lovely!

My Blue Monday is here.

LV said...

I like either way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love what you did to it. The crown looks awesome on it. It's a whole new mirror.

Kim, USA said...

That is awesome! Love the color and the mirror is tall like it. ^_^

Blue Monday

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday