Monday, October 11, 2010

Family Room Vignettes

Wow! A busy week just went by in a flash. Imagine celebrating 3 big events, my son and granddaughter's birthdays and John and my wedding anniversary. I wonder how this week will go. I just hope this new week will be good for everyone.
Yesterday was 10/10/10. We ate out for brunch and our bill came out to $110.10. I thought I would just mention it because what are the chances in that? LOL!
Today I am showing vignettes in the family room, one on our coffee table and another on the game table. Do you see the hunt scene tankard below? It is from 1947, the year John was born and I got it from ebay. This and the University of Michigan (where he graduated) book were the gifts I gave him for our anniversary. He likes both of them but I like my gifts better.

You just saw 2 books covered in blue above so I am linking with Sally for Blue Monday at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

I am also linking for Mary's Mosaic Monday at http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/

Since I am showing vignettes on table tops, I am linking with Marty at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

and for Artie's Vignette Friday at http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/
I hope I don't forget to link on this one cause I have to wait until Friday.

Here is my mosaic below. You have seen the cloche at Marty's fall cloche party but I rearranged the books and added the tankard.

I have a matching hunt scene pillow. This room is the most masculine room in our house.



Here's a view from the recliners.



Behind the recliners and in front of the fireplace is our game table. I know I have 2 vases here right now. I used the black one with 3 roses on the table for our anniversary dinner and I just left it here until the roses wither. I will show the tablescape on Thursday.



The girl figure has holes to hold napkins which will form a skirt but I like it without the napkins.





Thanks to all our hosts for another great meme. I hope you make the time to visit them and their participants and thank you so much for your visit.

37 comments:

maria said...

Beautiful photos. I love the lady figurine. :)

Have a great Monday!

My Blue Monday.

MaR said...

Beautiful shots, just visited East Lansing :)
Happy Blue Monday.

Pondside said...

What a warm and cosy room - you must love to nestle in there.

Verna Luga said...

beautiful arrangement.. so love it... love nest at its best..

Blue Monday Here

Rebecca said...

Hi Christine-Haven't visited you for a while-hope all is good-sounds like it from your blog-always love seeing the pics of your beautiful home-have a great Day!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Lovely warm vignettes on both your coffee table and dining table! Love your cute cloche displays. I am still amazed at your bill being $110.10, that's bizarre! Have a great week!

Wifey10 said...

lovely ornaments! =) happy week!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful vignettes, Christine! Your house must look lovely.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Christine, I love that hunt scene tankard. That would be great in my sitting room. Great vignettes again. Have a super week.

SmilingSally said...

You're all ready for Fall.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine! Check out my book giveaways. I just added another one.

LV said...

I do believe you have covered the bases for fall. Your post for today is lovely. I especially like the tankard.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeousness abounds, Christine. How pretty as always, Most Beautiful One!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kat said...

Such a beautiful room Christine, it looks very warm and cozy. Is the painting above the sofa one of yours? It's lovely. Hope you have a nice relaxing week! (and aren't you glad that the bill was 110.10 and not 1010.10? :) Kat

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty!
Sounds like you have been busy. Happy Anniversary!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous week. Love your pretty vignettes, and the tankard is gorgeous. What a great find. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous post as always Christine!

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty vignettes. Happy anniversary. I love the dried flowers and the girl figurine. I looks French.
Sherry

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary! October is a popular month! I know so many people with birthdays & anniversaries this month.

dtbrents said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. You must work very hard on your blog. Thanks for sharing. Doylene

paperbutterfly said...

I am so glad you had the time to share a cup of tea with us last Tuesday. Love the warmth of your setting. And the vignettes today so inspired.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Blessings, Pam

Sue said...

It sounds like a busy week. Happy Anniversary! I think his gifts were very personal and that is difficult to find for a man. I always struggle finding unique gifts for my husband.

♥FreakyehS♥ said...

Precious collection. I like the lady figurine

http://www.jnjmilestones.com/2010/10/blue-monday-my-bluepink-passengers.html

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the vignettes. Happy Anniversary. That was pretty weird on you bill!

Kim, USA said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Indian Corn
Favorite Snack

Dolores said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Beautiful !!!!!

joyh82 said...

I love your vignettes! That hourglass is so neat and I love your fall candles too. Have a great week!

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear Christine!

At long last I am able to come by for a proper visit!..,Things have been unbelieveably busy here!

That tea time vignette from last week's tea with the dear little bumble bee theme was beyond darling!

I am also so enjoying this vignette with all of your cosy and rich Autumn colours as well!~ So pretty!


Thanks so much for joining in with the teatime fun!~ It's always such a pleasure having you partake!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
@ http;//theplumedpen.blogspot.com
and also ..,
@ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Beautiful vignettes Christine!
And what a week for you, sounds so much fun!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Debbiedoos said...

Happy Anniversary Christine. You sure have some pretty displays!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Happy belated anniversary. Love the hunt scene tankard- you know I love anything with dogs on it! Have a good week.

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Anniversary to you and John!! Wow...you did have a busy week. I love the vignettes in this post. The tankard is very neat and you know...I also have the book Laying The Elegant Table. I bought it in Charleston and still haven't looked through it!! Very strange about your bill for brunch. Thank goodness nothing else weird happened that day!!

XO,
Janie

Kathleen said...

Beautiful Christine! I remember your napkin lady!
Happy Anniversary! How many years? Brunch was 110.10? WOW, I would have had to call 911! :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the beauty and warmth of your home. The flowers are great!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Leann

My Cozy Corner said...

Your blog is beautiful. I love the blue books and the hour glass. Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner
xoxo
Betty

Nanna said...

Happy belated Blue Mon. love your arrangements, I have a love for books too
Helen

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful, as always :o) Happy belated birthdays and belated Anniversary greetings!

Blessings & Aloha!

Anonymous said...

I love your Blue Monday pics. My husband is from Detroit (we're in GA now) and he's a huge U of MI fan! You have a lovely home! I hope to join Blue Monday tomorrow.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday