Friday, October 29, 2010

Pink Urn, Mini Busts and Woodville

About 3 weeks ago, John said there is a festival going on in Woodville and we should go. I was very agreeable because I know there are lots of antique shops there. It's about a 45 min. drive away from here. So, for Sightseeing Saturday, I will share some pictures that I took from there with you. Sad to say, it was in this place where my mom had the accident so it has sad memories for me now. The accident did not happen during this trip but the following week, when I went back with our handy man and his truck, to pick up the 2 tables that I bought during this festival.



I am linking with Beverly for Pink Saturday. Please visit her and her participants at
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/



I am also linking with Laurie for A Few of my Favorite Things at http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/




The festival only occurs annually so I am linking with The Tablescaper at http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/




Here's my pink contribution. I bought it at the antique shop in Woodville to sell in the store. Actually, John spotted it. I bought other things too which I will show at the bottom of this post.

Don't you just love the shape and the colors?



And for my favorites are these 2 small busts that I bought from the other vendor at the store. I think I am becoming the #1 buyer, instead of the seller in our store, lol.


But aren't these busts so cute? They are small, maybe about 6 inches tall but I love the details. I was thinking of putting them inside a cloche one of these days. Right now, one of them is on my dresser in a tray holding my pink pearls (another pink contribution) and the other is on the bottom level of the pie table in front of our bed in the master bedroom. I moved this table from the living room after I bought the claw footed mahogany table that replaced it.



Now, on to our Woodville tour.



This town is located in between us and Baton Rouge.



As you can see, it's an old town with lots of antique shops and general stores.



Even the oak tree is ancient. The bench underneath was a perfect place for my mom to sit because it was shady so we just left her there while John and I roamed around.



There were lots of crafts. Neither John nor I is a hunter (lots of people here in town are though, even females) but I enjoyed this Deer and Wildlife Festival.





They had a wildlife cook off and we purchased 10 tickets for $5. It was a good deal because among us three (John, me and my mom), we did not even use up all the tickets and we were pretty stuffed.




I should have gone inside this museum but I was more busy eating and browsing through the shops and booths.









Can you tell this is an LSU town, even though it is part of Mississippi?





We sure got enough exercise from walking around.














Lots of food to try especially if you are brave enough to try venison, wild boar meat, duck, etc. I ate a lot of catfish casserole. and the last pic shows me handing a bowl to my mom. She liked it too.





I cringe whenever I see this photo below now. This is exactly the same place where my mom fell from the truck the following week. This is where we went to pick up the tables.





Here is the dining table that we bought. The store owner said it came from an antebellum house, probably old but not an antique. I just want to use it at the store so I can do tablescapes there. The size is perfect, not too big so I can put it in the middle of my shop and the rollers will be convenient for me to move it around. I also bought an end table which I failed to take a picture of.






Then, it was time to go home.




Here are more items that we bought. I already sold the blue urn on the left and the green lamp at the store.




Thanks again for stopping by and thanks to Laurie and Beverly, our lovely hostesses, for these parties.

36 comments:

Terra said...

Hi Christine, this deer and wildlife festival looks like fun, and the food sounds good. You found some beautiful pieces and even sold 2 of them already, good for you. Of course you bought some things at the shop too! I can see why you feel sad when you see where the accident happened.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the pink urn and especially the busts, Christine. It looks like you had a great time at the festival and came home with a lot of goodies! I love events like these...although I don't eat game, it looks like it was fun.

Your table is fabulous, especially since it has wheels and you can move it easily. Perfect for your shop!! Hope that is doing well.

Have a Happy Halloween!

XO,
Janie

Lynn said...

I really love the pink flowery urn! Wish I were in MS!!

Lynn said...

Looks like a great time Christine! Lovin' the wooden piggy server towards the end:@) Happy Halloween Weekend:@)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Looks like such a fun day and you bought such wonderful things. Love the urns and I really like your little busts too. Hugs, marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your shopping trip and day of festivities. Most of the wild game dishes I have tried over the years, I did not care for. I am sure there are many good ones out there also.
Hope you Mother is doing much better now.
Enjoy your weekend.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This looks like fun! I have one of those wooden pig servers- in the picture below the flower arrangement. I will have to do a tablescape with it.Glad your mom is better.

Sarah said...

Christine, you always stay busy! Glad you had a good time.
Happy Halloween! ~ Sarah

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Looks like fun!!!! Great purchases, too

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Christine...you always take us along on the greatest trips. Your trip to Woodville is just the kind of day I LOVE...lots of local flavor, antiques and interesting things to see and learn. Looks like it was a great day for you and I am loving your purchases...especially that urn :)

Blessings!
Gail

Kathy said...

Happy Pink Saturday! My goodness - what treasures you found! Love small town festivals! There's one going on in ours, but it turns out to be more of a food festival thank anything else!
Hope you have a terrific weekend,
kathy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, this looks like a fun place to go (except for your mother's fall-I hope she is healing well). Bless her heart, I know there isn't much that is going to keep her down. She loves to be on the go, and you and John do a great job of keeping her on the go! What pretties you bought. I love your little busts. They are so sweet. I'd have a hard time parting with that table to use it at the store. Are you going to mark it NFS? I think having this store is a great excuse for more shopping. I need a store! laurie

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Looks like a beautiful day and a fun time! Is your mom okay????

Happy Halloween and PS,
Jacalyn

Donnie said...

Loved your Pink Saturday post. Everything was so really lovely. The town reminds me of my hometown.

Sue said...

I do think the other vendors must be really excited when they see you coming! Although as long as you keep selling things...well, that is the point isn't it. It must really be fun for you all this buying and selling!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time and you sure got some pretties!!

Lindy said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a seller and buyer, too! Love the urn as well!

Shirley said...

Very interesting post. Would love to see those antique shops too!

Gossamer Creations said...

Wow your photos are really beautiful .......I love the busts. I have a few and I love collecting them.
HPS,
Sue

Mary said...

What a fun collection of shoppes~ I would love to poke around! Love that historic tree :-)

susan said...

Hey Christine! I have never been to Woodville, but I love local festivals. The catfish stew sounds interesting! That table is perfect for your store--I love round tables for tablescaping. Hope you have a happy Halloween@

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun day of antiquing-I couldn't have stayed for the hunting part-I've been once-deer hunting-hated it-it's horrible-they just stay up there in trees waiting for the deer-the deer have no chance. Changed my mind on deer-hunting-I'll never be a part or talk about deer hunting with a hunter again. Anyway-looks like you got some great finds!

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing this, Christine. For all the time I spend in Louisiana, I've never really ventured out to small towns. So charming. GO LSU!!! :-) Pink Saturday tardy, wishing you a Happy Halloween!

Dredd said...

I always feel envious with your great findings coz they are sooo gorgeous. Maybe i should start now to visit some antique shops here. Have a happy sunday!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed it so much, I love festivals and craft shows but don't get to go to many/any! Thanks for allowing me to tag along!

Love, love, love the bust and pitcher! I also like the first pitcher!

Glad to see your mother doing well, out and about!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Small towns are wonderful Christine. This looks like a fun time!

Love what you bought.

Kathleen said...

I love the table!
I am so sorry about your mom. I will pray!

The Tablescaper said...

Christine:

It looks like you had an amazing day. Food and shopping. Who could ask for more?

Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Marlis said...

Great finds!!! I love everything you put your hands on. Thanks for sharing your trip. I loved all the pictures. Little towns have so much charm and character!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, that wildlife festival looks like a lot of fun! I would love to attend something like that. And you have some great finds there. I'm so sorry that your mother's accident changed your feeling about the store. I hope she is feeling much, much better, and I hope and pray that your memories of that day will be healed.

Love you...

XO,

Sheila (who is finally back!)

Traci said...

The LSU picture is funny! I hope you tried some venison. It's really good especially in a sauce piquante!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Christine,
That is a very interesting looking festival!
I am not too sure about the wild game. We have a big hunting area here and of course venison is very popular!
You got some great pieces there, I bet it's so fun to have a shop!
I am so happy your Mom is ok and wishing you a happy week my friend~
Hugs,
Cindy

Kat said...

Christine, this looks like a fun place to visit. What is the large building with the columns? I just read your comment to me, I'm so sorry that your Mom had to be readmitted. How is she doing? I'm keeping her in my prayers. Hugs, Kat

Gloria said...

Thanks for taking me on your trip! I enjoyed all of the pictures. Not sure if I'd enjoy eating the wildlife meats! I'd stick with the catfish casserole, like you did!
Best,
Gloria
P.S. Too bad your Mom had the accident in that spot. I hope she is doing well.

Jessa said...

Wonderful tour. How fun, looks like you found some amazing pieces!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like you had a great time. Wow, you always find the coolest items. Those busts are awesome.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday