Monday, October 25, 2010

New Table From an Antique Shop

John and I took my mom for a ride last Saturday. We went to an antique shop in Vicksburg and I saw this mahogany table that I fell in love with. Do you see how the claw feet matches my lion chair's claw feet? The table is really heavy. It is small but John and I had to help each other in carrying it inside the house. It is in perfect solid condition and I love that it has a drawer that I can use for additional storage and a shelf underneath that I can use for an additional display. It also has some griffin carvings on the upper part of the legs.





I moved the potted plant from outside. It has pretty yellow flowers all year round but I am afraid it will not survive the cold winter months.









You will see different vignettes here. I tried different ways but the vignette in the very first picture above stayed.
I tried putting my Sevres cherub compote but I think it is too bulky for the space. The small Viennese vase that we won at an antique auction stayed though and so did the vase with small roses. I love the colors of the roses.

A celeste blue Sevres casket is on the shelf underneath. It must be for jewelries but I only keep spare light bulbs that I use in the living room in it. I am too lazy to go to the garage to get a replacement bulb when one burns out, lol.



This vignette has been changed. I took out the tall vase too.



This occasional French table with inlaid wood stands against the wall in between the 2 windows.
It holds a lamp with a slag glass shade that we also won at an antique auction, a peacock tea set, a Villeroy & Boch crystal candelabra, a Raphael Madonna plate and a small amber fairy lamp.





My sister, Fe from Illinois, gave us this antique clock when we went to Chicago for John's medical convention a few years ago. Thanks, atsi! It is still one of our treasured possessions.







Tracy Porter's Peacock Tea set

I bought the tea pot and my daughter Tina and her hubby Scott, bought me the sugar and creamer servers one Christmas. I found the tray while shopping at TJ Maxx in Florida. Thank heavens it did not break in my suitcase. I really like all the details, the colors and the shape.



Everytime I go to the living room, I see and step on this so I thought I'd take a picture and show you too. How do you like my old new antique Persian rug? I really like the colors and design, found it on Ebay, so I bought it and placed it on the foyer.


I am linking with Marty's Tabletop Tuesday at
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/


Linda's Junkin Finds at
http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/

Furniture Feature Friday at


Artie's Vignette Friday at
http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/




I hope you like my new table and the vignettes I created above the 2 tables in the formal living room. This room is the least used room in our home. John and I occasionally would just sit there to admire the surrounding. Another time we go there is to look out the window when our alarm system suddenly screams" Driveway alert!" in the late evenings or in the middle of the night. Most of the time, it's just deer crossing our yard but we like to watch them.


Thanks to all our gracious hostessess and host for these fun memes.

28 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your new table is beautiful, Christine. I love all the vignettes you arranged! You have so many pretty pieces in your living room, you could probably 'play' forever! I love that you keep light bulbs in the casket! lol! At least you are honest!

I enjoyed seeing the table and your new Persian rug is just stunning!

Have a wonderful week! :-)

Xo,
Janie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is a beautiful rug. What a lovely table you bought. It looks perfect with the chair and all the other furniture. So who does the dusting?

Jessa said...

You pick such amazing pieces to group together. I love your style. You are quite an artist!

The Charm of Home said...

Wow! Christine this is so pretty. I know I will leave something out. So I will tell you it is all beautiful. I really like the clock your sister gave you. The inlaid wood table too. See I can't help myself. Such nice collections.
Sherry

Unknown said...

Christine, You have the the most beautiful antiques and wonderful vignettes. Thanks so much for sharing.
Sandy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well, this took quite a while to view. I just drooled over every single picture. You do have the most beautiful things and you certainly display them beautifully. I am in awe. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Dolores said...

Wow, what a beautiful table!!!! You have so many outstanding pieces!!!
Hugs,

Diann said...

Hi Christine!

Your new table is lovely! And really matches beautifully with that chair!

Kathleen said...

That is a beautiful table!

Traci said...

I love the table! What a great find.

Kristen White said...

Your new table is beautiful...what a great find! You have so many wonderful treasures...amazing home!
Kristen

Anita Diaz said...

Gorgeous table!! It is perfect for that elegant and treasure-filled room! I could look around there forever! Love the Persian rug too. I bought three last fall on ebay and I was really pleased with them. I sold two and kept one. You have some beautiful things!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, that is amazing how well the new table matches the chair! I know you must be thrilled to have found it! And I adore Tracy Porter. That teaset is as cute as can be.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Love the new table and your vignettes are lovely.
Annette

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Christine...

Oooh...love your new table! It's gorgeous! It does look heavy...hehe! I had fun looking at all the different vignettes that you tried out for the table top...so much fun!

Love ya,
Chari

Gloria said...

Beautiful new table, Christine. I also love your pretty valance and drapes in the background. And that Tracy Porter tea set? Gorgeous colors! Love it!
Best,
Gloria

Farah said...

What a treasure you have, and your table, beautiful piece of antique, really love it, I ts so beautiful, traditional and antique . A novelty...
I really love if you spare a little time for me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
and let me know did you like it or not...
Love
Farah

Marlis said...

Great table and more view of your home. It's stunning Christine.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful table. The feet are amazing. Love you vignettes. I love that you keep light bulbs in the blue Serves casket! Thanks for joining the party!

deb said...

Gorgeous table! Gorgeous room!!!
*hugs*deb

Lynn said...

What a fun table Christine, it looks great with the chair!

Susan said...

Christine your table is beautiful!! So is that whole corner of your home. So much eye candy!! I love it!

Olive said...

Love the curvy legs of this table and it goes perfectly in your room Christine. Thanks bunches for visiting me. hugs♥olive

Erin said...

That table is perfect, and perfect there by that chair. Your home is so beautiul:)

bj said...

It is indeed a beautiful table. I can see why you fell in love...

oops, I am writing this up into your photos...your comments aren't staying in the right place again...
hugs, bj

Rebecca said...

You have such a beautiful home-love all the claw foot details!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Christine, your new table is gorgeous! What a beautiful find, and it does look so pretty next to that chair. I also love your pretty tea set. You have such a good idea for decor. The rug is beautiful too. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That is supposed to say "you have such a good eye for decor". I think it may be too late at night for me to be trying to leave comments! I'm off to bed now before I make any more mistakes. laurie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday