Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jed!

My First Born Child!
with his beautiful wife, Becky


I am again linking with Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.

But before I go to that, let me greet my handsome son a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I don't even want to think about how old he is now because it makes me feel old but I miss him very much. Shown in the pictures below are my 3 children. It is so nice to see them so close to each other. Jed is the oldest but is the only one who has not given me a grandchild and would want very much to, but God said it just isn't time yet. For the meantime, he enjoys playing and running around with his niece, AJ and nephews, Brendan and Nathan.

Jed is a Gator, he graduated from the University of Florida. My mom had a stroke in the Philippines when he was in College. I took him with me to visit her. You see, he was the first baby she ever took care of so she got really attached to him. I had to give her lessons on how to put on a diaper at first, lol. She had lived in maids when we were little so she never took care of us.
Anyway, when we saw her in the hospital, she couldn't recognize anybody but she really perked up when she saw Jed. That's when I made my decision to leave him there for a while, actually 6 months. He learned how to speak 2 Filipino dialects during that time and he started singing Filipino songs, lol. My aunts and cousins were all asking me how did I raise him because they all said he is such a nice, sweet and polite boy. Anyway, I knew his presence was essential for my mom's recovery and I still believe it was a good decision even if it delayed him from graduating for a few months because my mom recovered, and at 92, she is still with us today.

Jed manages Pizza Hut very well but he would rather go fishing. They have a business selling specially made fishing rods. He caught a 150 lb. sailfish once in Cozumel. Unfortunately, he had to throw it back into the Caribbean waters cause he could not take it home.


Happy birthday boy! I love you very much!!! Hope you enjoy your day and birthday presents! Did you get mine?

October is my other favorite month aside from April because it was on this month that I ever held my very own baby for the first time and the month I had my first grandchild. So for today, I am creating a fall tablescape.

This is for you, Jed! When I used to live in Florida, for Thanksgiving, I would just order a complete turkey meal from Boston Market but I would set the table really nice. Jed would comment that "Mom is the only one I know of that could make Boston Market food look good on the table". LOL!

I decided to use my brown and white polka dotted placemats and as I was carrying them from where I store my linens, I passed by the family room and saw the knitted shawl a friend gave me for Christmas 2 years ago, draped on the leather ottoman and thought, hmmm, I can use that! And so on the table it draped.

Jed and his wife, gave me this set of orange flatware one Christmas. Thanks boy and Becky!





I used different shapes of dinnerware in the same shade.




Orange, green, golds and browns, I love all those fall colors.



I like the teeth of the pumpkin tealight candle holder spelling EEK. I took it home from my store. See, I shop from my store too, lol.


Here is a close up.

Amber, almost orange, goblets and green wine stems look great on the table.


This is before I added the plate charger.

With the plate charger. Which look do you like better?


I love the plates. I got them from TJ Maxx about a month ago and I finally got to use them. I bought them to sell but I could not part with them, lol.
Thanks Susan, for allowing us to play with our dishes and tables again. And thank you all for your visit.
Happy birthday again, son! I hope you have a wonderful day. I am so sorry I will miss it but I will see you next month and we can celebrate again. I hope you enjoy the balcony upgrade I gave you and dinner on the cruise is on us, lol! I love you!

45 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, Christine,
What beautiful children you have. I know you are proud. That's a wonderful story about your mom and son. Glad she is still with you.
Hey, that table looks kinda familiar! heheheheeh
Beautiful table, as usual. Love the fall colors.
D

Terra said...

Your children are so gorgeous and the table scape is very autumnal and welcoming.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful family Christine! Your table is gorgeous too! Lovin' those great square plates, so much detail-enjoy:@)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, your children are gorgeous. You have such a loving and wonderful family. Happy Birthday to your son.
Love your beautiful tablescape. You always do the most wonderful tables ever. Such lovely dishes and all of your accessories are fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoos said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son! And oh what a beautiful family you have Christine! You are so blessed as well to still have your Mom...she is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter to help take care of her.

Kat said...

Happy Birthday Jed! Christine, you have such a beautiful family. I know how proud you are! Your table is lovely as always, I love the fall colors. And that pumpkin that spells EEK is just adorable! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Kat

Traci said...

I just love all the natural light in your dining room! I wouldn't want to part with the plates either. I love the pattern on them.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Christine, what lovely children you have! Happy birthday to your son. He must be very proud of his Mama! Your tablescape has such great warm colors. I especially like your mix-and-match plates and the green stemware!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous children, Christine! Happy Birthday to Jed!

I love your table! Beautiful dishes!

Debbie said...

Oh my word, I love EVERYTHING! I don't know that I've ever seen a table with such a variety of textures and colors and shapes. It is that variety that just makes it wonderful. I want to come back to this and study it for ideas. It's really beautiful, Christine.

And I like the plates best with the plate charger!

Sue said...

Your son is very handsome, all your kids are beautiful! I love the dishes you used on this table and I need that flatware for my table this week! As always the table is wonderful, but I really enjoyed the love in this post even more!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Hi Christine! I love your table, but the whole room is sooo pretty too! I love the bright windows and have it gives light to all the pretty things! Angie xo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have set another beautiful tablescape.
Happy Birthday to your son.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope Jed has a perfect day. Happy Birthday!
He is so handsome and your daughters are very beautiful, you must be so proud of them. It's a very nice table setting.

Marlis said...

You are blessed with the most lovely family. Hope Jed's day was a wonderful one. Happy Birthday.

I love coming by, your table is beautiful. The eek pumpkin is the best! Well so are the different plate and those green goblets. Lovely.

a quiet life said...

another beautiful table, happy bday to your son!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a nice table setting, Christine. I love those plates. Happy Birthday to your son!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Happy Birthday to your son Christine!
Your kids are all so attractive and your table is outstanding! I love the cloche and the pumpkins, just so pretty!
Cindy

Gloria said...

Hi, Christine! Your tablescape is lovely, especially your new plates but, even lovlier are your children! Your son is so handsome, and your daughters beautiful. You must be so proud. Thanks for sharing the story about your Mom and Jed. What a wonderful grandson he was to stay with his Grandmother and postpone coming back. He will be blessed for his good heart, for his loyal heart. Happy Birthday, Jed!
Best,
Gloria

Savannah Granny said...

Christine, you have a fantastic family. You must be very proud of them, as well should be. Congratulations to Grandmother. Your tablescape and home are very beautiful. Your photography is beautiful as well.
I have only published two posts and my photography leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe I can learn on the job.
Please stop by my post, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Were you on rms, your name sounds very familiar. Love your blog. Ginger

Chubby Chieque said...

Happy BDAY to your big boy! Hope he enjoyed his day.

You always create a wonderful TS which I alwnays drools.

Happy TS..

Greetings from chilling Stockholmer,
/chie

Barbara said...

What pretty dishes! I like how you combined the square with the round. These colors are all so pretty together. I really like how you used the shawl! Happy birthday to your boy!

Sue said...

Christine, You have set another wonderful table! I love the off-white dishes you used and the silverware gifted from your son and DIL is the perfect color to complement your fall table. Such a sweet story about leaving Jed w/your mom during her recovery time. You know they formed a very special bond...
Take care. I'm off for Fl. tomorrow. :-) Sue

Anonymous said...

You have a very beautiful family and happy birthday to Jed! I'm wishing him the best of everything. The colors of fall are my favorite <3 and again thanks for sharing your lovely tablescape.

Tricia said...

Christine, I enjoyed reading your post and learning more about your family! Your table looks wonderful, as always. Love the polka dots, and the different plates work great together!

Dolores said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son. Your daughters are so beautiful and your son so handsome.......lovely family!!!

I love your autumn table scape... especially the square dishes!
Hugs,

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, let me join you in wishing a Happy Birthday to Jed! What a beuatiful family you have! And I agree with Jed... you set such a wonderfully festive table! Love it!

xo,

Sheila :-)

jean said...

Beautiful tablescape! And, your family is even more lovely!! love the post.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So very pretty! Love the shawl across the table! I saw those square chargers and plates at Marshall's and wanted them so badly, but wouldn't buy them! (Don't want to store them)

Great job!

Katherine

Sandi (Meme) said...

You have a reason to be very proud, what a handsome family! I can't help but just LOVE the dishes! I don't blame you for not being able to sell them though! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, loved seeing you stop in again. You are most welcome ANY time! Have a wonderful weekend! Sandi

Savannah Granny said...

Coming back to say thanks for the kind words and thoughts that you left on my blog. Thanks for visiting. Yes, we do sound like soul sisters. Actually, we a going on another cruise this month. We fly to London, Sail from Southampton. We will cruise along the Mediterranean. Visit the Azores and back to Ft. Lauderdale. I will post about it when I get back. I look forward to our mutual blog visits. Hugs, Ginger

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your table is very pretty -- but your children are beautiful! I love October as well -- I always say October and May are my favorite months. You've set a lovely October table for a wonderful birthday celebration.

Karen Sabrsula said...

What a great tablescape! Love the embossed texture on the dishes! Thanks for stopping by and hope to visit again soon!

Happy Painting!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for all the nice birthday wishes...And a special thanks to you mom....thank you for all that you do for me....Love you!!! P.S. I had a great Birthday!

:)

Your son

Jed

Marigene said...

First off, your children are beautiful! Happy birthday to your son..
Your table is beautiful, love the squarish plates, very pretty design. Those pumpkin tea light/votive holders are adorable!

Anonymous said...

The table is lovely, but I especially enjoyed getting to "know" your family. I don't blame you for showing off your son.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! Happy Birthday to your handsome son! What a lovely family you have.
Now about your table - it's so lovely! I love this room of your home and this is a great tablescape - more gorgeous dishes!! And everything else.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family and this tablescape is absolutely divine.
Thanks for visiting LazyonLoblolly.and your comment is so appreciated.please drop back by again.
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Alycia Nichols said...

Those plates are divine!!! I hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls at least once a week here in the Kansas City area, but I never saw those. I would have been all over them!!! I can see why you couldn't bear to part with them! Lovely idea to toss the shawl on the table. I like the setting WITH the charger. It adds color, texture, and dimension. Very pretty. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful table! Love those POLKA DOTS! :) We must have been on the same wave length!
I like both chargers, and the whole look is lovely.
Your family is lovely too!

A Perfect Setting said...

Lovely table!! I have a set of the bird dishes (the round ones) and I love them too!! I will try to use them soon. Your family is lovely as well! Thanks for sharing!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

You have created a lovely tablescape. I love the layering if dishes and your choice of colors. Very pretty centerpiece. I also like your choice of the shawl....Stop on by and say hello. Linda

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday, Jed. Wow, Christine...he is SO handsome!! All of your children and grandchildren are beautiful! I love the story of Jed living with your mother. What a sacrifice that was and straight from your heart. I am sure he is going to enjoy his birthday gift very much!

I love this tablescape. The dishes are perfect and I couldn't give them up either. I like the birds on them. And I like the place setting without the chargers better because you can see more of the cute place mats! I love that EEK tea light holder, too. Stop shopping from your shop! You will never make money that way! lol!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

XO,
Jane

Requi Tablescaping Escapades said...

Very pretty tablescape. Those dishes are gorgeous. Ooh la la, those hurricanes are gorgeous.

All the Best,

Requi

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Christine! Happy birthday to your handsome son! It must be birthday month at your house! lol We have that in August! Your tablescape is simply gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to part with those plates either! Love the centerpiece, too! I hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday