Sunday, October 17, 2010

Natchez Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival, 2010


This week has been very busy for us and our town. The last 2 weeks, Fall Pilgrimage was celebrated when most antebellum houses are open to the public for touring and hostesses are wearing southern belle costumes.
This past weekend, the annual Natchez Balloon Festival was celebrated. This is the busiest weekend here when most tourists come and visit our city.
I am linking with Blue Monday http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ at and Yellow Mellow Monday at http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/. You will know why when you see the photos I posted.
With all these going on, I have also been busy caring for my mom, who as most of you know had a bad accident. She is doing so much better, thank God!
In addition to all these happenings, my stepdaughter Kerri and her 3 very active toddlers are visiting until tomorrow. I tell ya, I ran out of high places to store breakables away, lol.


Do you spot the hot air balloon at the very end of the street? It just took off.

We went to my store in the morning and we were wondering why the streets were full of people. Then we found out, there was a parade. We had the best of seats inside the store.
See the cheerleaders and band uniforms mostly in yellow and blue? I am taking these pictures from the store window.

Rangers on horses.


As if there weren't enough activities going on, there was an antique automobile show too.

We got there late that's why we did not see a lot of balloons but there were still some flying over the Mississippi River.



This is one of Greg Iles' homes. It is located by Rosalie where the festival is held. There were rides for kids, lots of food and concerts. John and Kerri with the kids went for the 3 day weekend but I only went on Sat. We hired a grandma sitter to watch mom.


I am still amazed how the balloon does not burn when the fire shoots up. Hmmm, I don't know why I have a lot of orbs in this picture. Could they be spirits? The location of this festival is the lot right by Fort Rosalie where a lot of Natchez Indians were massacred by the French.





This is inside the balloon. I took the picture from down under. No, not in Australia, lol.


This balloon was being deflated. It's huge isn't it?





We have amazing sunsets of the Mississippi River.


We went to the little theater to watch a play but we got there too early so we drove by the cemetery. I took a picture of the Turning Angel. I have never taken one at night before. You would know what the Turning Angel is if you have read Greg Iles' book. If you haven't, you should because it is really good.


We watched Big River which plays in Natchez Little Theater every other year. I first watched it 4 years ago. The last picture shows grandson Noah posing with Huck and Jim from the play.
Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks to our Yellow and Blue Monday memes hostesses. Don't forget to visit them!

19 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, that looks like SO much fun! I adore balloons and think they are so colorful and beautiful. So glad you all had a good time, and the play looks great!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have been busy. I have wondered about the balloon and fire issue also. Glad to hear you Mother is doing better.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Ohh what a hectic and a funfilled day too :) I love the sunset and colorful ballons.

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

a very fun and happy week...y0ur ph0tos are all great! weekend getaway @ kenting

Verna Luga said...

wow, surely everyone had fun.. love that house.. so pretty..

My Blue Monday here

Kat said...

Oh Christine, you know I just LOVED this post! What fun! I can't believe I got to see a picture of Greg Iles house! And the Turning Angel. Someday I hope to see them in person, but until then, thanks for the tour! Hugs, Kat

Kat said...

PS - I'm so glad that your Mom is doing well. She is one tough lady :) Kat

Satendra Rajput said...

Fantastic blog for air travellers to get information regarding airlines,cheap airfares,online air tickets and much more if you want some more in this field then must visit london delhi flights.

Auntie E said...

One day We will go up in one. Very nice post love all the view and the hot air balloons peaking out in them.Looks like a lot of fun.
My Blue Monday link for you

SmilingSally said...

What an exciting time!

I enjoyed that shot of the two blue cars. The Ford is a 1957, I think. It was my FAVORITE car back then. Oh, I didn't OWN one, I just dreamed.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

You have been a busy girl! I can't wait to get back to Natchez to take pictures in the cemetary- you know I could spend days taking pictures in grave yards!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that your Mom is doing better. You sure have shared some beautiful photos today. Oh, I love them all. Hope things slow down a little for you this week. Take care.

Kim, USA said...

Riding a hot balloon is for me fun and an adventure. Nice to see a lot of colors here and I guess you all had fun. Happy Monday!
Plant for bugs

Traci said...

The balloons are so pretty. Every August we have a balloon festival in B.R. It's so neat to get up every morning & see the balloons all over.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. So many things to do and see! Love the pictures, the balloons are so pretty. Love the shot of the cemetery at night.

Bill said...

Hi Christine,

It looks like great fun! I'm glad you had a comfy seat in the shop and could enjoy the parade without having to fight the crowds outside. Also very glad to hear that your mother's feeling better!

Loved the photo of the bridge and the river at sunset!

Have a great week!
Bill

Sue said...

I am always fascinated when I see a hot air balloon flying over. Only once have we been somewhere there were many of them and it just took my breath away. How fun for your family. I'm glad your mom is doing better.

Marlis said...

Oh Christine, I am so sorry about your mom. I'm just now getting back to a normal routine (actually have sleep penciled in for tonight) after about 7 weeks of non-stop go-go-go. I am delighted your mom is doing better. You are very blessed to have a husband who could be there for both emotional support and for medical support! You kitchen is lovely. I love the warm feeling it has. I have really enjoyed the historical posts and living where you live, it's very rich in history. So I'm praying, catching up and enjoying my moments here!

Donnie said...

Great photos - I love your blue . Happy Blue Monday.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday